[Auction] DC Of Mending Books

Discussion in 'Auction Archives' started by 29672057602, Jun 25, 2016.

?

What next?

Op Wood Sword 8 vote(s) 47.1%
DC Of Iron 6 vote(s) 35.3%
DC Of Ice 3 vote(s) 17.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Per the auction rules, with the direct quote from them and the link below, once a bid is made it cannot be removed. Therefore, the claim of a bid withdrawal is invalidated.

auctionrules.emc.gs

Furthermore, 24 hours have passed since the bid was made. Without any other bids coming in that time to beat it, ajmeyers34 is hereby declared the winner of the auction with a bid of 15,000 rupees.

Per the terms of the auction forums, referenced below with the direct quote from the aforementioned link, you are expected to render the 15,000 rupee payment to The_Iron_Foxy within 48 hours of the auction being won or by a period of time mutually agreed upon between yourself and the auction host. Failure to do so will risk a marketplace blacklist on the EMC forums.

For your reference, the quote below contains the winning bid.

If there are any questions or concerns by either party, you are more than welcomed to send me a PM.
  2. Well ....I suppose the point is moot ... as I no longer have the rupees to honor the bid.
  3. You still have the opportunity to obtain the rupees to make payment. Considering the risks you are taking in declining payment (marketplace blacklist potentially), I highly recommend that efforts be made to contact the host of the auction to make payment arrangements. Rules dictate 48 hours from auction ending to make payment but if you come to an agreement with the auction host on another time that will be fine.
    iamcavie likes this.
  4. And technically, 24 hrs since my last (and only valid) bid, the Auction was not closed.

I did what I thought was right. I spent what little Rupees I had on something else, and realizing what I had done, retracted my bid. I did not attempt to swindle, cheat, mislead, or disguise any ulterior motive here .... I simply withdrew my bid. I suppose said Auctioneer could have simply awarded the "prize" to the previous person, OR could have simply Bumped it again, and again, and again .... whatever. To stomp our feet and cry foul is ...well, indicative of the age group we are dealing with and quite the poor course of action to take. Not only is this well above Market Value, perhaps the previous bidder would have been thrilled to learn that they had been awarded the prize. But, instead the Forum/Auction Police is out in full force.

I have no Elfin intention of accepting this cargo, nor do I Elfin want it - as was indicated by my Bid removal. Should the Auctioneer wish to pursue this course of action ...you can tell them at 100r per day ....I should have their payment by ....say Christmas. Otherwise, as I said I did was I considered to be the right thing. Should you wish to inflict some sort of punishment here ....give it your Elfin best.
  5. Your attitude is uncalled for and you are held to the bid as stated. You directly broke an auction rule, regardless of intention, and you were reported for it. Therefore, staff are involved. If you had so little rupees, you shouldn't have been bidding on multiple auctions that put your balance in the negatives.

For reference, the rule you broke has not changed in over an entire year and even covers your specific scenario. If payment is not made in 24 hours from the time of this post, then expect an economy forum blacklist and a message from me in your inbox. If you and the auction host have worked out another arrangement, then please invite me to that message.

Rules for Bidders(top)

Last Updated: May 21st, 2015
    • Do not bid on items that you cannot afford at the time of bidding. This includes having active bids open on other auctions that would bring your balance below what is necessary on another auction.
    • Do not make joke bids.
    • You may only bid in Rupees.
    • You are expected to pay within 48 hours of winning an auction, unless you and the auction host agree to different terms, or if the auction's OP states that there is a different time you have to pay within.
    • If you post a bid, you are bound it. You may not withdraw bids.
    • Only post on an auction thread if:
      • You are bidding
      • You are asking a question about the specific auction, or item
      • You won the auction, and are discussion collection/payment with the Auction Host
      • You are posting content that the staff deem relevant to the auction at hand
    • Asking to split an auction is not a valid post. Please discuss matters like that in a PM.
    • The first bid on an auction must be equal to, or higher than the starting bid.
    • All subsequent bids must be at least the last valid bid, plus the minimum bid increment. For example, if the current valid bid is 100 Rupees, and the minimum bid increment is 10 Rupees, the lowest you could bid is 110r.
    • You must not bid on auctions created by alt accounts, or on auctions created on an IP that you use.
    • As Rupees are only available in whole numbers, bids must be in whole Rupees too.
    • When bidding, you may either bid using the format "1500r", or "1.5k", as they mean the same thing.
    • You may not bid on an auction if you are currently permbanned. Temporarily banned players are still allowed to bid on auctions.
  6. Hi Krysyy,
    I have a question, If you bid you have the money at the time of bidding, then someone sells a load of stuff at your shop, meaning you dont have enough money to pay for the auction. What will happen?
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  7. Now there's a GREAT question ! I suppose, according to the "Rules" - you are still liable.

All I did was, what I thought it to be, the proper thing - once I realized I had no rupees left to honor this. Had the Auctioneer actually CLOSED the bid, and awarded me the "Prize" before my post, different scenario. There are literally TEN different ways to handle this ....and IF said Auctioneer actually reached out to ME (instead of crying, having a fit, and running to the Auction Police) perhaps my current position would be different.

Bottom line is ..... they STILL have the "prize" ...and it is STILL NOT sold.
  8. Could have awarded it to the previous Bidder ...and collected. ANY "punishment" that I see (for certain) coming my way does NOT change the fact that they STILL have the merchandise. So .....what positive comes from infliction?

Yet again, my VERY limited amount of time spent in this arena ....I get whistled by the Empire police, and reminded that I need to stay OUT of the Kiddie Pool.

P.S. Anyone interested in floating me a small loan of Rupees on a short term basis? There's a pacifier I need to buy.
  9. And for the record ....I had PLENTY of rupees while bidding ....and by the end of the Auction .....I had less than 1000.
    BTW .....could you show me WHERE the Auction was listed as closed .... and I was determined to be the Winner?

As far as I am concerned .....this blasted thing is STILL open !
  10. The prize is still there
  11. It should be really easy to make 15,000 rupees. Also, your bid was placed On Sunday at 5:56 a.m. EMC time, which means you won this auction at 5:56 a.m. EMC time two days ago.
    Theomglover likes this.
  12. By the way the prize can be checked /v 10097 and walk forward and you will see it
  13. Man, it says on the forum rules pay or blacklist Ill give you a week
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  14. And here I am waiting - as would be typical in an Auction - for you to tell me that I've won ....and where/when/how I am to acquire my Prize according to your terms.

At least that's what I've seen on the hundreds of pages here ...starting on Page 2
  15. Well you clearly didn't read the two posts above you. Look, he said where:
    How will you get it? Once you pay, just like as would be "typical in an auction".

Just pay it over and pick it up after. You know you've won, you've been told by staff and the community manager of the server to abide by the rules, and you're still here complaining about waiting. Theomglover is the one that's been having to wait here, because of you, so please just pay and then allow him to put a sign up in the location he mentioned.
  16. Reference the bolded/underlined portion of my post below. The status of the auction had to be clarified by staff because the winning bid was attempted to be withdrawn.

JesusPower2, Acemox2k and BenMA like this.
  17. Hi Elfin,
    Not to be rude, but can you awnser my question please :) I really want to know.
  18. Send Krysyy a PM on this, just so as not to clutter the auction with further posts. :)
  19. ok thanks :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.