Auction - CHEAP DC of Dirt!

Discussion in 'Auction Archives' started by xHaro_Der, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You guys are evil, are joke auctions even allowe?
  2. You can auction at any price
  3. Any joke auction isn't a joke auction, you have to pay 100K to Haro
  4. or crack the code?
  5. No, once you place a bid, you stay by your bid, sorry, look at breezy's comments to this :p
  6. So here's how it's going to go.. I'm going to bid 100,001k to outbid dim. However if this bid is not accepted then I'll pay off the bid for dim. Choose an option.
    Pab10S and ThaKloned like this.
  7. Auction was over 17 seconds after dims bid.
    xHaro_Der, tuqueque and SirWii like this.
  8. Then I guess I'll be paying it off for him if he accepts it.
  9. I'll go halfsies with ya :)
    Pab10S likes this.
  10. Everyone should take note here. Klone didn't have to pay attention to anything I just said but in fact they were kind enough to slipt the bid to help another member of EMC, this is in fact what a true community should be.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  11. Ill pay part of it too :p
    wiiboy222 and ShrinkingMatt like this.
  12. Maybe i should make a donate to "wiiboy222" page. sounds good eh?
    ShrinkingMatt likes this.
  13. Thats taking advantage of nice ppl :p
    wiiboy222 likes this.
  14. Thanks. But if xharo accepts my decode, then there's no need to pay me off, but that's unlikely, for that stealing 100,00r from a joke bid is a great way to earn money.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  15. Morals don't come pre-installed. It's an optional upgrade.
  16. There is a tiny gap between being a good Samaritan vs helping someone to avoid responsibility for their own intentional actions. Also, it doesn't seems they have understood there isn't a term like "joke bid".
    xHaro_Der likes this.
  17. There is no such thing as a joke auction, nor a joke bid. If either follows the rules, they are valid and binding.
    ww2fan168 and fBuilderS like this.
  18. The auction was not a joke. Nothing is wrong with setting the starting price to anything I want. It's a perfectly valid auction following all rules of an auction.
    This.
    I'm giving him the opportunity to not have to. That is my choice.
    Auction ended 17 seconds after last valid bid. I will not accept money from either you or ThaKloned for this. Either he can put in the effort to do that (rather simple) task that I gave him, or he can pay. Either way, I'm sure he'll teach himself not to place joke bids anymore. By covering the bill for him, you're defeating the purpose of the task. When you can ignore a stickied thread called "READ BEFORE POSTING" which clearly states that any joke bids can and will be bounding, that is not a simple "accident" that you can cover. Either he can do the task, or he, himself, can pay me. I'll make sure you don't just give him the money to pay me, likewise.
    No you won't.
    Maybe if the circumstances were different. But in this case, I don't believe that anyone besides him should have to do anything to cover this. I provided him a path to get out of it for free, and if he doesn't take it, then he can pay.
    No you won't.
    Nothing has been morally broken here. A stickied thread with the title "READ BEFORE POSTING" clearly says (and I think several times) that jokes are not allowed and any bids will be taken completely seriously. That is not a matter of a simple accident, that is a matter of ignorance (whether you like it or not) and he will somehow be paying for it. Whether that be through the task I gave him for free, or through the 100,000 of his own money, it will be coming from him. If anything, I am exercising good morals by offering him a task that he can do to be completely free of any debt. Morals are out of this, and bringing that up is awful given what's happened here.
    'Stealing 100,000r from a joke bid' is a horrible thing to say. You blatantly ignored the stickied read-before-posting thread and went ahead and joke bid anyway, and you will be, in one form or another, paying the price. I am stealing nothing from you and everything here is legitimate. According to the auction rules, you did offer me 100,000r and there is absolutely nothing stopping me from straight up demanding the money and giving you no way out. You should be thankful.
    This. So much this. All you are doing by offering to pay is supporting the avoidance of personal responsibility. Technically I cannot stop you from giving him the money to pay me, but if you do, I hope you at least realize that you are thereby encouraging the lack of responsibility by not making an individual take responsibility for their own actions.
    ShrinkingMatt and PMSubhan like this.
  19. Two hours left for the WingDings.
  20. Although in-game I believe he told me that he opted to take a 1 month market blacklist. So I'm not sure.
    CadenMann likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.