Artistic Journeys

Discussion in 'Artists' Gallery' started by moonolotl, May 22, 2018.

?

Do you create any form of art?

I do, professionally! 2 vote(s) 10.0%
I do, as a hobby! 12 vote(s) 60.0%
I don't, I'm not very good at artistic things :( 4 vote(s) 20.0%
I don't create art that much but I can do it. 2 vote(s) 10.0%
  1. Hello! :D
    Many of you may know me as Chewsy, or DaysInTheDust. I used to do a lot of artistic things on EMC and often sold my art for rupees. I most likely wont be doing that anymore, at least I wont be making a thread for it. If you would like an icon for EMC please send me a message and we can agree a price (they're gonna be more expensive than they used to be as I generally dont have the time or motivation to do a lot of them)

Aaanyway, that isn't what this thread is about. What this is about is our artistic journeys; Our improvements throughout the years. Whether you make digital art, acrylic paintings or sculptures you can still improve from a little hard work! I think we can all agree I have improved A LOT since I first joined EMC (examples of my art then and now are below) but I'd like to see all of your improvements through the years! This is why i made this thread, for us fellow artists to share how effort, hard work and practice can really make a difference!

The things below are just a few examples, if i find any more I'll post some!

(i cant find any older than this on my computer but this is from the start of 2017 I believe. There's older art in the "improvement meme" spoiler)

2. December 2015 drawing: that looks like Shel's profile with the eyes. Did you draw it?
  3. Yup! That was me :D
    I'm quite flattered he still uses it honestly, although I know i can do MUCH better now.
    607 and Sydney4363 like this.
  4. Your art is lovely, and I hope you enjoy doing it still/now! I will try to post my own artistic journey here in a bit :)
    Harp4Christ, MoreMoople and kamirosee like this.
  5. I love all the art on EMC! This is no exception :)! I myself can draw, and I am decent, but what I am more into (in the arts) is poetry!
    kamirosee likes this.
  6. While I draw very little, my artistic focus is on writing. I can say that over the past few years, my writing has definitely improved. My very early stuff is on here and you can probably see some improvement from then to now.

The first of these being The Thief of Time: https://empireminecraft.com/threads/the-thief-of-time.61704/ I must say that it's not awful, but it's certainly pretty weak in my opinion.

The second one where I'd say I had some improvement was Eldritch Nights: https://empireminecraft.com/threads/eldritch-nights-short-story.66543/ The main issue I have with this one is the fact that it's littered with grammatical errors.

Lastly, this is the most recent short story: https://ritunn.deviantart.com/art/Beckoning-Madness-739293739 In my opinion, I've improved very well overall. Many of the previous mistakes have been dealt with and I've become a slightly better storyteller as well.
    607, The_Fairyman and kamirosee like this.
  7. Okay, here we go!

8. Wow! Very detailed!
    Harp4Christ and JohnKid like this.
  9. I love your art too <3 Its so good!
    Harp4Christ, 607 and JohnKid like this.
  10. Oh boy... how far back shall I go? xD
    Might post here later :)
  11. So, there are some of you that like drawing :) I'm not sure if this is the right place for it but it's a start. I'll send a few pics as introduction.

Cheers, The_Fairyman

Teaser:

12. Keep up the good work @Kamirosee, getting better one line after an other.

Cheers The_Fairyman
    kamirosee likes this.
  13. Sadly i cant see the pictures, not sure if it's just me or you uploaded them wrong :eek:

Also thank you! :D
    MoreMoople likes this.
  14. He's been doing this all over the forum. :p I hope he figures it out.

I make music myself, but there it's a lot harder to show the improvement... although if you listen to my tunes from two years back and then my newest one you can hear I learnt how to process samples well, and moreover, I started using more musical techniques, instead of just doing whatever and seeing if it sounded good (which could leave tunes rather simple).
  15. Ha.. My first wallpaper was trash. I don't even want to post it here because it's so ugly. :p. I still experience flops in my art still. Even with all this practice, sometimes my wallpapers don't meet my standards. I hope this isn't just happening to me lol
  16. We all do. There are days I can make pieces that I'll still love years in the future then days where I can barely draw an eye properly lol
    The_Fairyman, 607 and MoreMoople like this.
  17. I hope so too :-D what point is there uploading the stuff otherwise.. But I see them on my Home PC.. Now I'm on work and I can't see them either..

Music, like all art-form or form of creativity, is a result of endless study and experimentation. Trail and Error only brings you so far. After that you'll just get the hang of it or you get really frustrated..

Art in general is such an important aspect of life!

Greetz The_Fairyman
    607, kamirosee and MoreMoople like this.
  18. Everything should work now :-D..

My Link above
    We3_MPO, 607 and MoreMoople like this.
  19. Woah, those are amazing.

I think you should post them either in a thread you make yourself, in this section (Artists' Gallery), or if you don't feel the need, post them in the Official EMC Art Thread. :)
    The_Fairyman, We3_MPO and MoreMoople like this.