[Art Tutorials] Drawing with Moople!

Discussion in 'Artists' Gallery' started by MoreMoople, Mar 21, 2020.

?

Do you enjoy drawing?

YES!! :D 5 vote(s) 62.5%
Sometimes :) 3 vote(s) 37.5%
Not really :( 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Hello! I have decided to start releasing small art tutorials. This is just for fun, but I'm hoping to improve at breaking things down to make them more understandable for others. :)

I will release a separate thread soon with a tutorial for making digital art using the Medibang Paint app. For now, here are some simple hand-drawn things. :D

How to draw a Frog:
    Materials:
    - Paper
    - Pencil
    - Eraser
    - Colored pencils or other coloring utensils
    - A black pen or thin black marker for outlining.

This is the full picture, but it's hard to see, so I'll break it down:

Step 1: Draw two small circles and connect them with a rounded line.

Step 2: Draw two short lines, one coming out of each circle. Connect them with a curved line.

Step 3: Draw another curved line from one side to the other. Draw the body in a shape similar to a gumdrop.

Step 4: Draw a hook shape on each side of the body. Draw two pairs of straight lines inside the body.

Step 5: Give your frog feet by drawing three pairs of two lines on each foot. Connect the pairs with a rounded end.

Step 6: Erase the lines going through the arms. Give your frog eyes and a nose.

Step 7: You did it! Now you can color your frog :)

If you tried this tutorial, I would love to see a picture of your drawing! Got a suggestion for the next tutorial? Post below! :)

I will work to improve the formatting and clarity of future tutorials. ;)
  2. Wow Moops this is very nice! Could you do a dog lol mine always look like boxes with lines.
    607 and MoreMoople like this.
  3. MoreMoople likes this.
  4. Heyyyy! I clearly did not continue posting on this thread as intended, but over a year later, I'm back with a new frog tutorial! I had to create instructions for a Technical Writing assignment, so I decided to do what I love -- drawing frogs. :D

Remember to draw your lines very lightly with a pencil until the end when you do the final outline! I outlined everything in pen to make it easier to see.

The dashed lines show the lines that you should erase in that step. :)

607 and Sefl like this.
  5. Very cool!
    But what does this have to do with technical writing? :p
    MoreMoople likes this.
  6. We had to create instructions for how to do something and they didn't have to be written instructions. Other students chose topics like how to make soap, how to make candles, how to create a budget, etc.
    607 likes this.