Are considering Dungeons?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Apr 6, 2020.

?

Are you going to buy Dungeons?

Yes, I preordered. 1 vote(s) 9.1%
Yes, but I'm waiting until it's release. 1 vote(s) 9.1%
Maybe... 3 vote(s) 27.3%
No, I'm too busy playing on EMC. 4 vote(s) 36.4%
Other (please leave a comment below) 2 vote(s) 18.2%
  1. Hi gang,

I just looked at a few trailers and some info and it git got me wondering what you guys think of all this? It's said to be releases at the end of May, but I'm not quite convinved that this is going to be good.

What about you?
    607 likes this.
  2. My opinion: Oh Goody! Another minecraft side-track like the story mode to distract the Mojang devs from focusing on improving the janky code in the normal Minecraft.:rolleyes:
  3. i like the concept but im not sure how i feel about it being in 3rd person :p
  4. The only Mojang game other than Minecraft I've had interest in is 0x10^c. I hope they've at least made money with Minecraft: Story Mode and will make money with this, as otherwise it does seem like a waste of resources to me, to be honest. :/
  5. It's nice to see a minecraft dungeon-type game released after it has been announced. I plan on playing it with my partner just for some co-op bonding fun.

I am not expecting a Portal-level game. I am just looking for something to spend time having fun with. I think that's where many people go wrong when they approach games.
    607 likes this.
  6. I reckon it’ll be a fun dungeon crawler.

Not my type of game at all so I’m literally never ever going to play it, but there’s that at least.

From what I remember, Minecraft: Story Mode was a commercial loss. TellTale, who developed the game, went bust last year because they kept making the same boring game over and over but with an even more expensive IP each time (The Walking Dead, Batman, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers, Stranger Things). Minecraft: Story Mode was also their worst game IMO so there’s nothing to even redeem it lmao
  7. As far as dungeon crawlers go, it seems fairly enjoyable. It has that Minecraft flair to it and the environments are very nice from what I've seen. Overall, I do think it'd be a fun game to play from time to time if you're interested in these sort of RPGs.
    607 likes this.
  8. Does anyone think we need Minecraft Kart? :D
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  9. I'd rather wait for hytale
    ShelLuser likes this.
  10. Note to self: If you start a thread using your cellphone then check the topic more carefully next time :oops:

Anyway.. I pretty much feel the same like most of you up there.. the only thing that sets this thing apart from already existing titles is the fact that it sits in the "Minecraft universe" but that doesn't really mean anything. After all; we only know about Steve & Alex and no one ever bothered to give those characters a bit more personality (well.. none other than I'm aware off besides Element Animations which gave it a valiant effort).

Of course there's little info available at this time but what somewhat surprised me is that it seems as if the game is "as is", so just you going through a dungeon yet without any editors or other tools to create your own levels and/or adventures. Which seems odd to me considering the massive amount of options we have in Minecraft...
    607 likes this.