April Fool's Day

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by JesterTheCleric, Mar 24, 2014.

?

Is this a good sort of idea for April Fool's Day?

Yesh, totally! 12 vote(s) 50.0%
No way, Jose 3 vote(s) 12.5%
Maybe, IDK 9 vote(s) 37.5%
  1. oh this will be hilarious thank you peoples and ISMOOCH for turning this little idea into a parody of the Hunger Games on EMC....oh, someone will HAVE to record this if it happens and make it a video on youtube or somfink like that
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Sometimes I question the sanity of the EMC community....
  3. Just in case people don't understand how April 1st works...
    ...you don't just change something on April 1st. That's just stupid. Anyone with a calendar will know what's happening weeks in advance.

How to April 1st properly:
    Reveal that something is a prank on April 1st, but have it around for a week or two before then.
    For example, remove enchantments on March 26th because they "are hard to balance around" or some nonsense. Only on April 1st do you inform everyone that this is a joke. That gives people some time to feel legitimately pranked.
  4. For some, it is just for the fun of it. It would be pretty funny to navigate the dinnerbone'd website or have a great promo turn out to be renamed stone. It is all just for the fun of it.
    OrangeDuck607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. Lucky Bows have their Unbreaking X removed on account of "instability of non-vanilla enchantments"
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. Maybe I'm unique in that I don't enjoy a worse user experience that I know exists *solely* to be a hindrance. I usually avoid the internet for April 1st because it's full of gimmicky sites with broken functionality that think they're being clever or ironic by doing exactly what is expected of them.

I'd actually like to enjoy April 1st for once.
  7. :p Not Special Dirt was a special thing (e.g. me telling Aikar "You know what would be a good promo? Dirt.")
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. But make it special.
    Nah, let's make it not special.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. I remember my first april fools day on emc. I stayed home because i hate pranks but according to the server messages there was a takeover, a few mods were fake banned, it was fun.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. I have an idea for april fools, likely won't happen however.

I'll PM the cow.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. give this pony a cookie.
  12. hehehe *insert evil laugh here*
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. I have that dirt :D
  14. Keep only 2 servers on and say the other servers were hacked and all the information was wiped.
  15. *Wastes 10r, finds vault full of diamond supporter vouchers*

16. Actually, last year we were given Mob Disguise for April 1st, (which honestly sounds kinda lazy)* and Sonicol1 and I disguised as creepers and went to this kid's res on SMP7 and he nearly crapped his pixelated pants because he didn't know about mob disguise being accessible that day. He started banning people from his res and claiming it was them trolling him and he was about to have a coronary so Sonic and I just told him what was going on.

*Not as creative as the one two years ago where Justin staged the whole Job/Notch not liking that mobs could not spawn in town and they were going to put in an update to stop it. Was also a "reward" for probably some voting thing.
  17. Ahhh, good times, gooood times.
  18. hehehe i SOOO would have liked to be there.... D: sadly i hadent joined.... drat
  19. Mob spawning in the town would be a funny one
  20. So basically.. you all just want to grief for April Fools day?
    OrangeDuck607 likes this.