Anyone have forum joining numbers info?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kilmannan, Nov 25, 2013.

1. there were about 10k registrations before the site was required, theres 85k members on the Empire.

Also, the recent few thousand members have not been required to join the site. so there are more in game than there are on site for the past month.
  2. I can't figure this out. I can't get that 8k figure to fall in April 2012 whilst making sense of the rest of the days. If 730 days is the earliest day of information pull, then that should be from December 2011, but that 8k is nowhere near April, based on it being a monthly pull of info. *Scratches head*
  3. it likely wasnt april, just around that time... one of those months.

and there is more than 730 days, i just did that number in my script, heres more data:

4. Got it - it fits now. :D

Forum Member Join Rate.jpg Forum Stats.jpg
  5. No offense intended to anyone, but there are a good number of players who have multiple IDs. Wouldn't that skew the numbers a little bit? For example, I have four Minecraft IDs, my wife and two sons play with the other IDs but they have never used the EMC website or the forums (although I have used the forum previously with the account IceCreamGoat that my youngest son uses to play) even though all four IDs have EMC Forum accounts.
  6. I wouldn't imagine it'd be in such significant numbers as to wildly throw things. Besides, something like that you can't account for, so this is just a casual look at it rather than a number-perfect exercise. As I said, I was bored and I like graphs. :D
  7. What I'd like to see is the numbers of unique people who play every day. Seeing the rate of joining is cool, but to really see how EMC is going, wouldn't it be better to look at data of how many people actually play?
  8. select count(DISTINCT(user_id)) from user WHERE last_login > UNIX_TIMESTAMP() - (60*60*24*31) AND last_login - first_login > 60*60*12;

So, 4300 unique excluding people who did not login a 2nd time more than 12 hours after first login.

6758 when not running any exclusions
    mba2012 likes this.