Any PC game ideas I might like?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Kryarias, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Don't get me wrong I love Minecraft but I would also like to play some other games. I am thinking about Zoo Tycoon or Planet Coaster. I already have Planet Coaster but really do suck at building haha. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions on what I should play?
    Starsphere likes this.
  2. Kryarias likes this.
  3. Dungeon Keeper. A game in which you progress through a dozen or so dungeons, controlling imps and warlocks and such against attack from invading 'heroes'. Released in 1997 so the graphics are extremely dated and the supported resolutions aren't great, but it's fun and full of charm. Genuinely one of my favourite games of all time.

The Sims 2. The magnum opus of The Sims franchise, honestly. You control sims, little people, on their day to day tasks. A lot less boring than it sounds, especially when you add in that you can turn them into tree people and werewolves and fairies and stuff. 2004 game so again with the supported resolutions thing.

Spore. You make a species, evolve it, guide it through multiple stages until you get to become a space-faring civilisation.

Game Dev Tycoon. You make a game company in about 1970 something and guide it through to... whenever the next PlayStation comes out.

Cities Skylines. Like Sim City, but on a much grander scale and better in just about every way.

Crusader Kings 2/Europa Universalis IV/Victoria 2/Hearts of Iron 4. I love alternate history grand strategy games lol

Gonna get flack for this but I genuinely recommend Fortnite. That game is a crazy amount of fun lol
    JesusPower2, khixan and Kryarias like this.
  4. Hold on let me check what game I have the most hrs on Steam in

Cities: Skylines. This game is why I stopped playing MC pretty much lol
    khixan and Kryarias like this.
  5. Skyrim :)
    FalloutHood55, Kephras and Kryarias like this.
  6. I am really not into watching a 1hr video at the moment lol, can you explain the basic concept to me?

Just regular like no packs or anything?
  7. I mean, personally, I prefer playing with the Green Cities and the Mass Transit DLC packs, but the base game itself is also perfect. Although there are some [free] mods you should have in C:S:
    I strongly recommend getting the following mods:
    There are also a few mods that I use a lot, just for convenience.

khixan and Kryarias like this.
  8. AC: Odyssey
    Euro Truck 2
    Subnautica
    CSGO
    R6 Seige
    Civ 6
    Rocket Leauge
    Just to name some of my favorites
  9. Re-Volt. If you're interested I'll hook you up. It's a semi-realistic racing game featuring RC cars that 'came to life'. The community is thriving (on Discord, the forums aren't too active), and due to IP issues, the game has to be distributed for free, which is nice. ;) The version we're using is regularly updated, even though the game was originally released in 1999 (it does not look its age, though!).
    (If anyone else is interested, let me know ;))
  10. Portal 2.
    You can get the first one if ya want, but 2nd is much better.

Highly recommend it
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  11. Stardew valley is a great game!
  12. Then theres that person whos gunna say "FORTNIIIIIITE"
    That not me.
  13. haha, thanks for not :D
  14. Borderlands :D all of them :D 1,2 and prequel
    and hopefully soon 3 D:<
  15. webkinz
    Sefl likes this.
  16. Of the many games in my Steam library, the one I'd recommend the most has to be Infinifactory.
    It's a free-form puzzle game where you have to construct an assembly line that will take basic components and turn them into a finished product.

It's an intensely rewarding game - lots of failed attempts and "well, maybe this will work," lots of working out which parts get routed where and when... and then, when you finally start it up and watch your factory run and see everything working out just so... ridiculously satisfying experience.
  17. I have an absolute ton of odds and ends from Humble Bundle monthly that I already own or are just not interested in. If you want to inquire about any, pm me on Discord or here (preferably Discord since I am always on there).
  18. you may like like a little game called Minecraft, and then a amazing server called......
    drumrolllllllll.......
    Play.Emc.gs
    khixan, Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  19. The Dwarves was originally a book series. Which I read in ~2013 and it was fantastic. I want to play the game, since I own it from the Monthly, but I don't play singleplayer games as much anymore :p