Aniyuma - Looking for Assistance (female)

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Hasorko, Feb 4, 2012.

1. I dont understand why all this was needed. The guy wanted help of a specific type of person becaus eof his experience. Shame it had to get spammed. I really don't see this as odd.
    jaydn750 and NurglesRott like this.
  2. Where are your statistical studies? Sorry, but anecdotal evidence from playing World of Warcraft doesn't cut it. How the hell can you determine someone's creativity in that game anyway?

I do. Your post offends me.

again you mention these imaginary sources. link the study.

Using that logic, why not restrict your candidates to red heads. Or asians. The only thing your restricting is whether your candidate has lady bits or not. Sure, you'll have less candidates to sift through.

Of course you're going to say that.

It bugs me that a moderator hasn't deleted the entire thread for sexual discrimination.
    Malicaii12 likes this.
  3. Actually, it's not odd at all... it's quite common and held as normal in our society.

It's just that because of our, largely unconscious, beliefs about males and females, we make assumptions about people based on thier biological sex that have absolutely nothing to do with who they actually are, and so when people see a male asking for assistance from a female specifically, the gender prejudices kick in and it is assumed that he has ulterior motives, or that something is off about it at least... without really stopping to pay attention to who this person actually is or where they're actually coming from.

It's the same phenomenon as what is happening when someone believes they will be safer with a female.

It's not that there's anything particularly wrong with having those beliefs and succumbing to those prejudices, it's just that when you do, you're actually basing your decisions about individual people on misinformation... illusions. So it puts you at kind of a disadvantage in life if you go around expecting people to be how you think they should be, when they're ultimately going to be who they are... and it ultimately makes you harder to get along with, which sucks.

I'm largely on the same page as you with this stuff on a personal level apamment, but I feel this issue is worth discussing in a civil, polite, and compassionate way.

Sexual prejudice and discrimination on this subtle level is totally normal in our society at present, and it really doesn't server any of us very well.

However, continuing to discuss this in Hasorko's 'asking for assistance' thread is probably not the most appropriate.

If anyone would like to discuss this personally with me I would love to recieve a private message from you. :)
    Malicaii12 and amadai like this.
  4. I think thats best thing to do. I keep my arguments for myself then too from now on. :) But still was an interesting debate. I even agree with many of the arguments :p its just still not changing a thing on my post ^^

Greetz Hasorko
  5. I was banned for supposedly harrassing someone's family by asking to keep private convos in private chats...

I dont see why this guy, asking for "adult females" to chat and have a "friendship relation" with, by using "other types of communication" (guessing by that skype/vent/ts3, etc) shouldnt be warned under the sexual harassment rule in the EMC ToS page.

What if someone says (those teenagers with really high pitch voice that can pass as females) *Not harrasing em*; I'm female, i can be your friend, lets chat in skype... EMC cant control skype interactions.. do we realize that he might even ask for "proof of gender" (aka, webcam chat)... isnt that waaay beyond the regular behaviour?

Lets review the facts:

-Oriental design castle

-Female "assistant"; over there they call em geishas (and we all know what they supposedly MUST do as "assistants"

-MUST be >17... = 18+ aka Adult age for consensual relations everywhere outside the United States where the age is stalled at 21

- Abusing of context on a supposed study where "females are quieter" (sexism)

- All i see is a desperate attempt to engage on a male/female relatonship under the cover of an MC building assistant
  6. normally i would say "hey guys, i know this dude for 2 years now, we made some rly bad experience with other players and somehow it wents out that the girls we played with never did stupid things and never stole/destroyed/... our things! he is just seriously asking for a nice creative assistant!"

but i don't, cuz its just too hilarious to read some of these posts ... give me more pls >:0

=> you're really thinking too much
    Hasorko likes this.
  7. Damn respect for that building! that just looks amazing, i am stunned!

And to all the funny people posting here, its sorta funny how they are all grouping up on you on the forums.

I've seen several of these kids posting here - hunting and item-showering MC characters with a lady skin - see THATS nasty.

Let the guy find a creative female and stop rubbing it off you damn ambiguous individuals ! :oops:
    Hasorko and Crazy1080 like this.
  8. Wow, I read all of this thread and have arrived at the end completely stunned by how ridiculous this conversation is...
    Anyway the reason I read it all was just to say nice castle! :)
    I have been to the real one a couple of times, and you did a great job! :cool:
    Did you find out about the snow caps / silk touch thing yet? I have a couple silk touch picks and I will try it out asap... if I can manage to get them I would be willing to donate a bunch to you for doing such great work! I'll try and let you know.
    Hasorko likes this.
  9. He can only make snowblocks.

The minor snow caps are random made in the wild - or by snowgolems.
  10. ok, maybe i was a little grumpy in my last post. the reason i was offended - (was, i don't care anymore, it's not worth the energy) is the statement that women are more creative than men, and it was justified by some undisclosed study. Imagine you're a female mechanic, and a guy walks into the garage and says right infront of you, I need my car fixed but only by a man, because men are better at fixing cars.

so you feel more comfortable working with a female. I don't care about that, though I don't think it's really fair to take some bad experience you had elsewhere with males and assume we're all bad and out to get you.

your original post before you edited it looked very much like a pedophile looking for a child to groom, that's why there were the "it's creepy" posts, sure it turned out to be a typo, but the posts were based on that original text.

anyway. i'm unwatching this thread now.
  11. Obviously this isn't spam as we are (or at least were) debating the ethics behind his request, as well as what his possible intentions could be. In fact, he should be thanking us. All of our discussion has kept his thread rather close to the top, keeping his plea in plain sight for those who might be interested in becoming his waifu friend.

The only problem with that is that there isn't really all that much more to say that hasn't already been said. Also, it's kind of hard to debate something when no one takes the opposing side. All of the involved parties are here, so it'd be best to either continue in this thread or just let it die.
    Malicaii12 and apamment like this.
  12. Ba dum tish

But srsly apamment and liz have a point
  13. Well it might not be spam but it sure as hell isnt what he was asking for.
  14. You can purchase 'snow caps' in the empire server store, I don't believe they are badly priced either. Whether they can be picked up with silk touch I don't know, but a quick trip to wiki will shed light on subject. :)
  15. I don't think anyone was trying to be harsh to him, but from my experience here in EMC so far, our community really likes to help one another (sometimes in more sarcastic tones than needed, lol). It may be in his experience in other places that males aren't good at building/helping/cooperating or what have you, but in MY experience HERE in EMC (and I'm sure everyone who's chimed in here) we have both an equal amount of males and females who are trustworthy and creative.

I feel they were just letting him know that even though he might not change, for whatever his reasons may be, he might be missing out on some fun experiences by limiting only females.
    Malicaii12, ignoramoose and amadai like this.
  16. @shaunwhite: Found it on the Shop already also started on the garden for the contest so there will be results soon. Thanks again for the tipp :)

@GameKribJeremy: Get ur point there, but I stick with it as it is now, btw I should also get that achievement of yours! It fits the thread ^^

Msg me if you wanna visit the castle to inspect the progress :) (Its not public so you cant enter by your own)
  17. By doing what he's done so far, he hasn't broken any rules. If it were to get beyond the creepy stage where he starts to ask for odd things like you mentioned, we'll handle it, but as of now, whether everyone thinks it's the best way or not, he is free to play/work with who he wants.
  18. LoL. I think jeremy could just walk around your res if he want to inspect.
    He got da power! XD
  19. I can put on a fireman skin and tell him I'm there to make sure the fire code is up to standard, lol
    margaritte, Malicaii12, Sopby and 4 others like this.