Anime Summer 2016

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BenCannoli, Mar 20, 2016.

?

Have you ever been to an event/convention before?

Yes 5 vote(s) 55.6%
No 3 vote(s) 33.3%
[Prefer not to answer] 1 vote(s) 11.1%
  1. Well, here I am, back from the Anime Summer 2016 convention here on Santos, Brazil. Well, I thought on sharing with you how my first experience on an event was.

I came all the way down to Santos, coast of the state of São Paulo here in Brazil to meet my good and old friend Leonardo also known as leoumbrella here at the EMC forums.
    Leonardo came with his girlfriend, which by the way, she was an awesome person to meet. And even though I got to be the "Third Wheel", everything on a overall was pretty exciting and new to me.

Where to begin? Well, let's begin with the merchandise. There were just SO MANY stuff from Japan, I couldn't even count. I felt in love with every piece of merchandise I came across. It's just too bad that I... Didn't had much money on me, but still, it was a really good experience.

Between all the mangas, HQs, dolls, action figures, and pretty much anything related to anime and comics, I ended up buying a shirt that has the saying "Wakareku koto ga nakereba meguri au kotomo dekinai." (Life is made of goodbyes and new encounters.), a super red fluffy hat with giant arms, a red bandanna, and lots of buttons.

Well, other from the merchandise itself, there were lots of activities too! Such as drawing, fighting, lectures, and a band that was playing lots of anime themes and game themes too (My favorite part was the Duck Tales theme and the Pokémon theme.)

Most people on the anime convention were super friendly and awesome... With maybe the exception of some perverts that were there, but anyways. Me and my friend took lots of pictures with the cosplayers, and gosh let me tell you, the cosplays were absolutely GORGEOUS. I'll share some pictures with you. There were people with signs saying "Free Hugs!" and well, I ended up hugging A LOT of people, since I love hugs.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

As the story-rich game Life is Strange was awesome, this moment was awesome as well. I wasn't expecting Life is Strange cosplayers, but well, there they were! We had to take pictures, after all, that's how the game begins right? Taking pictures.

As if all the spotlights of that convention center were on that guy. Mr. Satan himself, what a wonderful and funny moment that was. He was one of the most friendly guys I met in my life. Such a happy and joyful spirit.

After a Harry Potter lecture, me and my friend came up with this guy. HUNK from Resident Evil. Leo, just went crazy when he saw that guy. TIP: Guess why his Minecraft name is Leoumbrella?

I think one of the things that made me happy, was this homosexual couple cosplaying as Cosmo and Wanda from Fairly OddParents. They were so cute together, they were perfect for each other just like the cartoon!

Ah, Star Wars. A wonderful franchise that one! How could I miss the guy who hit a tree with a speeder bike? Exactly, I had to take a picture with him.

Red Hood. I don't know about him myself, but I do know one thing, his cosplay was so far one of the best I had ever seem in my life. All the details, the painting, and all the little things that made the difference.

How could I forget such a beloved franchise? Even though I'm not exactly a fan of the anime (although I do like the manga,) this group of friends really did well with the costumes. I hope to see them next year.

Now this. This elderly couple dressed as Batman and Catwoman. What a wonderful sight to see that these two people are still in love with each other. It really gives me joy and hope to see two people together for so long. Did I mention they had a modified Mercedes Benz to look like the Batmobile? It was awesome to see those two. I hope I get to see them again one day. (I'm sorry I didn't got a picture of the Batmobile as I only saw when I was going out of the event. Sorry guys!)

The infamous Pyramid Head from Silent Hill. He looked quite scary, especially up close. Don't be fooled by how scary he is, for he was a such a nice guy. He even sent a little hello for you guys!

Now for the famous, Attack on Titans. This couple dressed as Eren and Mikasa were cute together. They were really eager when I asked them to take a picture. They were really friendly too!

At the end of the convention Me and my friend headed out and waited for his girlfriend parents come pick her up, and after that we went to a bus station to wait for my friend's father to pick us up. There we met some other people (who were in the event as well. I came across this awesome girl, Mariana, who according to her "Dude, it was pretty fun there!". Pretty much. In a nutshell, yeah I agree with her. She was pretty friendly and we now added each other on our social networks. I look forward to accompany her on the next events and conventions coming up!

"Dude, it was pretty fun there!". Yet a so simple phrase but with a lot of meaning on it. She described exactly how I'm feeling after the first event I attended to in my life.

I hope you liked this experience I shared with you people, and that you have a wonderful day!

How about you? Have you got an exciting experience on events to share? Please comment bellow!
  2. < ̄`ヽ、       / ̄>
     ゝ、  \ /⌒ヽ,ノ  /´
       ゝ、 `( ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /
         >     ,ノ
         ∠_,,,/´”

I went to Anime Expo last year, spent most of my time in the dealer's room...
    mercenaries2009 likes this.
  3. For some reason I thought that the costumes for these conventions here in Brazil would be all half ***d. Maybe cause my friends always show me their own pictures and they're usually lame. Apparently I was mistaken :)
  4. Believe me, There was plenty more there. I just didn't took pictures of all of 'em.
    technoLova and Senpai_PinkCaker like this.
  5. Thanks for sharing this! Looks like your first exposure to it was a good one. I've always wanted to attend a Con. like that. My husband was able to go to a sci-fi one, once. Even got the actors who play data, troi, and gerodi from stng to sign some cards for them. But hopefully one year it will be close enough to visit, at least once. ^^
  6. Then I wish you the best of luck! Hopefully Lady Luck will smile at you, and you'll be able to attend to a Con. I mean come on, we all gotta do this at least once in our lives.