Animal Crossing, New Horizons!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by batmegh, Apr 20, 2020.

1. i ... i, have a new obsession. let's talk about that. *puts hands together*
    ForeverMaster, 607 and UltiPig like this.
  2. this is my first animal crossing game.. bought it having no idea if i'd even like it, at all, knowing full well that i could be eating a $60 game i'd never play again.

BUT HERE WE ARE!

one month of play = 245 hours of game time

.............. excuse me?

- also, my switch code is 3994 3904 6392! please send me a friend request and you're welcome to come over anytime you see my island open. :)
    ForeverMaster and 607 like this.
  3. I dabbled a bit with Animal Crossing: Pocket camp, but New Horizons is my first main Animal Crossing game. Sunk about 50-70 hours into so far.
    batmegh and 607 like this.
  4. You have a lot of hours! :eek: I thought I played it a lot... I have 160 hours after 31 days, which is an average of 5.3 hours per day. Your numbers equal 7.9 hours per day. That's a whole work shift! :p
    batmegh, Tuqueque and 607 like this.
  5. I only played City Folk on the Wii, and that was years ago. My brother and I made some... messed up shirts and fabrics in that game.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons' HD visuals are pleasant to look at. I see tweets about the Switch game in my feed, from official Minecraft staff to the creator... of an indie game I love too much (and can't stop referring to)!!
    UltiPig and 607 like this.
  6. I'd seen you had quite some hours in, battmeghs... but, at 280 hours, Lasluin still has you beat. :D In any case it's hard to fathom either. :confused: Both of you must have been playing the game for most of the day every day since you got it? :eek:
  7. ... i found the best place on my island.

Sprhyngtime, UltiPig and 607 like this.
  8. i have 325 hours into this morning, reset my island. again. LOL

9. :eek: Why?
    To me, this seems like a game you'd never want to restart. Unless you made a backup of your file first and can load it back into the game?
  10. you may not get what you want it to look like, each starting map is different and you can't change where river mouths are/can't change really anything with the layout of the island itself until you're at 3 stars and get the tarraform app. until then you're locked to the land... and moving buildings is 50k each. lol
    so be careful lol

because i get severely bored with literally nothing to do. you pay off your entire house upgrades.. you tarraform your island how you want.... you're a millionaire by then with no drive for anything.
    607 and Elaeriic like this.
  11. What is amazing to me about the popularity of the game is that the appeal of it seems to be that nothing really happens? :p I guess it's sort of similar to Story of Seasons in that way, though, and Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town is actually one of my most played games, and I am planning on getting the remake. But at least time moves quicker in that game, and you can complete a day within 30 minutes, instead of it taking an actual day. :p