An outpost idea

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by 72Volt, Jan 17, 2015.

1. We recruit 7000 new members a month. 2000 of them stick around.
    Lets say you could break it down like this (super rough guesstimates):
    2% griefers
    20% take anything not locked down
    30% mess things up when they use it (missing blocks, leave pillars)
    40% leave creeper holes and don't repair
    50% do not understand lighting, slabbing or in general protecting land in survival

If thats the case, the other 50% is going to be working really hard to create and maintain a clean town. I'm all for community projects and donating to help people get the hang of survival, just if you created something like this, few people would be working buns off to support the majority.
  2. I've been really bored of EMC lately, and I think something like this would be the perfect thing to bring some life back into the experience!
    +1
    kevmeup likes this.
  3. In that case, I will eat that bowl of brussel sprouts.
  4. Quite well-known, but for the wrong reasons.
    Maybe others are more well-known, but I'm still quite well-known for the wrong reasons.
  5. So, if this is going to work, restrictions will be needed on running for office.
    People should need to:
    Pick a political party.
    State their aims in no less than one paragraph.
    Pay a certain amount of money to a treasury.
    ---
    Otherwise, a popularity contest will ensure, and Randomtown School Council diagram will become the exact way of electing people into power.
  6. So, will anyone try this?
    Like I said, I can manage a website and forums for it.
  7. LLo members and ones who started it are prolly humblest people out there. Are motivation to build a Community out there because group of friends having a good time and not have a goal on who runs things and in charged. Also Pen.. most of Former LLo members became part of wiki, build, contributor and Staff.
    Pab10S, penfoldex and kitten3101 like this.
  8. Um, copherfield? ;)
    Brussels sprouts are tasty, by the way.

Why would we need that? We have emc.gs, right?
  9. Yes, but it's important that places can be organised.
    Eg: One forum for asking people to do jobs, one forum for showing off your builds in the "nation", and so on.
  10. Wait, are you saying it's not meant to be like this?
  11. No. I'm just saying you need regulations to make a working and functioning government that doesn't shut itself down like the U.S one.
  12. I think so far this is working perfectly. 2 pages of discussion, not 1 block built. Sounds like government to me :)
    kitten3101, L3A8 and mba2012 like this.
  13. I just set this up here. Check it out.
  14. Ya know... Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

Theres now location decided (and smp, 5, yuk ;), transportation built, structures places, signs posted and rules all done without any vote. So the voting policy starts next week?
  15. Voting starts now. I have temporary power to establish the base. Players are free to set up their own paths and vote to change anything I have done.
    kevmeup likes this.
  16. Set yourself up for success:

Set an Owner and 2 backup Co-Owners (they can be changed later by vote).
    Establish the Outpost.
    Call this a charity/community project so people know what they are getting into.
    Enlist help from volunteers:
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/operation-give-back-to-the-community.45548/
    Reserve the right to refuse service based off the rules of the outpost.

This way, staff can be involved if someone is abusive or does not follow the outpost rules.
    You'll also be able to use future protection and teleport features.
    Having an owner and co-owner lets you have someone establish base rules until future ones can be voted on. It keeps things moving, you can always vote on and change any decision within a week.
  17. And also the fact that quite a lot of people who play in-game and choose not to make their presence known the forums are younger than 13. My knowledge of politics was extremely limited back when I was 11 (I was also only just learning about Science-y related stuff that now plays a central role in my interests), and I never thought I'd find an interest in them and never thought I'd care about who ran my country at all. Now, almost four years later, I really do.

My point is; most people on EMC aren't old enough to understand basic politics and they most likely don't care about who owns the country in which they live - and thank his holy spaghetti monster that they don't, because that stuff irritates you more and more with each passing day - so complex politics that people like 72Volt want to establish outposts based around probably won't interest them.

I for one like the idea of people playing with politics in EMC Outposts - but when things begin revolving around big, complex ideas like communism, capitalism etc., it's probably gone a little bit too far.

I have no idea what this post is. I have an ear-ache, a migraine, and have just finished a whole day of tests and writing some kind of novel thing, so this thing probably makes little to no sense at all.

Please share a video of you eating said sprouts for proof or else you'll end up higher on the list ;)
    607 and kevmeup like this.
  18. i vote it happens on smp7
    kevmeup likes this.
  19. This comes down to the community and how things go. I will put a vote on some basic rules and see if others want to add other rules to be voted on. I won't do anything big and only plan on establishing a basis for the system. How things go will mostly be in the hands of the community. I am hoping some people here will give it a try and come on out or take part in the voting at least.
  20. As it is right now, I could place a turd sculpture (called "Turd Fergeson", cuz it's a funny name) in the center of town, and no matter how many people voted, I would be able to report you for removing it, and I could replace it. You'd also have to get approval from me if you ever wanted to establish the base, since my turd is within 3000 blocks. EMC is made for established outposts and theres is zero support for voting or policy outside of that.