An Open Letter to the Community

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kephras, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If you were not directly involved, then it is easier to just ignore this. The Empire is as it always has been, a close-knit community of players that play minecraft together and foster an environment of acceptance regardless of any differences we may or may not have.
    This will never change.
    mba2012, jkjkjk182, Kephras and 2 others like this.
  2. I love that song, lol.
  3. Cats. The reason for everything.
    bloodra1n and Seffychan like this.
  4. Let the idiots talk. Then we know who to avoid.

While I am not saying that what you have told us and what you are motivating us to do is wrong, but each case is unique. Some people you may be able to encourage enough to prevent some of this malicious behavior, but others just want to watch the world burn and aren't Maxarias. If you let them continue but don't pay heed to their words, they slowly build higher and higher, worse and worse language, to a point that it is so blatantly trying to offend a party that there is no blurred line to see if they are joking or not and at that point action can be taken. Even if you feel that you can not continue beyond the insults or that you can not simply let them slide, bite your tongue and ignore what they say. Others will come along at the commotion, as people are prone to do in any form of commotion, and they will help. If not, you are surrounded by the wrong people and everyone is to blame absolutely. Them for their behavior and you for your decision. But you have the easy part to escape. So again:

Let the idiots talk. They will only dig their own graves.

Play it off as a joke, assume they aren't talking to you, think of them as a giant potato, do whatever you need to reduce the power of their words (though preferably not the second, as while passing off malevolence is not a perfect machine, about 90% of the pain gets passed along). Do not join in or purposefully do it to others as if you burn down the world, there will be no crops to live off of, no wood to build a shelter, nobody to aid you if you hurt yourself. Pain leads to pain, violence begets violence. So I hope anybody not convinced by Kephras's words will heed mine.

Life continues with or without you. True friends will wait, however.

Countless times I've seen complete strangers saying how bad of a day they had. Sometimes I'm intrigued, other times I'm too busy or can't be bothered. I bring this up as a lot of people may play on a server with great community but don't have friends to play with. Now, I'm not saying give them a stack of diamond blocks and admin flag to your res, but at least help them and let them know somebody is there. You don't know their background so why should you judge? Now, you don't have to befriend everybody. There are going to be grudges that you can't instantly let go, there are going to be people who frankly annoy you to oblivion, there are going to be people out to harm you, but at least try to help a few people, even if you just say "hi" when they log on or give them some items they need for free. Player economy be damned if it makes somebody's day slightly more bearable. People will become less malevolent and outspoken, out to harm you, if you show compassion. Hate comes from experiencing neglect. Neglect comes from being around hate. It goes in an infinite loop if you can't get over the fact that the most outspoken people are prone to that kind of malicious behavior, but a majority of people are good. Now I ask you:

Can kindness come from anger if you just took the time to type 2 letters into chat? Can you say that people are evil by nature if you have too much sloth in you to type that when you're doing absolutely nothing?

I myself do not follow my own advice much. I often want to do it but seem to have terrible timing with it all. I do not ask of every person to do this, but for one person to speak out if no others will. Please, for the love of things relating to the being put highest in your religious beliefs, just, at least once, reach out to someone and tell them that someone is there. The rage which people are seeing so much of is based on whether or not they feel neglected. People trying to get attention for the sake of it and those who need it are defined only by how desperate they are. People who need it will try to mask how desperate they are while those who want it overdo it. Try to weed out those who need attention and be drama queens from those who you should help. I know, it is an impossible task. Just try.
    bloodra1n likes this.
  5. *reads letter*
    Interesting.
    *eats Cheetos*
    Kephras likes this.
  6. Aikar said this thread is now about cats, you guys are off-topic.

Fix'd.
    Seffychan and southpark347 like this.
  7. Not sure if should bring back an old member due to this, or just sit back and continue eating cake..
    JabrZer0 likes this.
  8. Cake Either Way.
    meerkatman1 and roblikescake like this.
  9. no bananas :rolleyes:
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  10. I'm not understand where you pulled that i was ignoring someones advice and calling them a hater. I never did that, i just mentioned that there are those who want to see EMC to burn, and not to feed them. I never singled out an individual, nor a group.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.