An Open Letter to the Community

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kephras, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. this is horribly unrelated but I remember, back in October of 2011, how you would update your status daily with the goings-on in your life.

Even if I never knew you very well, you were always one of my favorite people on EMC.
    ISMOOCH and IcecreamCow like this.
  2. I'm glad to hear things are going better for you in real life :) Good luck with your studies and your family life :)
    Twitch1 likes this.
  3. This post really gets down to the heart of the matter, that people just need to move on. Here is one of the quotes that I made up myself:
    Don't let the past weigh you down, let the future raise you up.
    ~Tricksh0t5, 2014
  4. Completely agree. We've been trying to get this going for some time and I'm glad it's finally going. The end of the story was simply, Aikar has a different vision for what a Minecraft server should be than we did. They are both very separate visions that will both succeed, because both teams have the knowledge and determination to make both visions prosper. The future for both EMC and bananas are very bright.
    GRE4T3R, ninjaboy5656 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  5. well said man

6. :confused: It's how I write. I'm sorry you found it grating & stilted, but judging by most of the responses here, it seems I've at least gotten the point across - that being, it's long past time we put petty squabbles and nastiness behind us. I know people are exceptionally imperfect creatures and we're not always going to get along, but it's imperative that we all treat each other with respect, even when we don't agree. Not an easy thing to ask, but necessary.
    MrUnknownian likes this.
  7. This makes me not want to come back, the way the community is described.
    Twitch1 and Silken_thread like this.
  8. There are still a lot of good people here. You could try and see if it's for you, if it's not then you could leave again.

The thread was to address friction in the community and a message that everyone needs to wake up and realize how childish they are being and to drop the petty drama, accusations of things, name calling, insulting etc. It's not just people on EMC, or just people on "bananas" I guess we're calling it, it's from both sides sometimes. To make it worse, it's sad that this has gone on for a month. It has seemed to die down from most, but there are still the few who want to pick at the wound and just make it worse so to speak, when others want it to heal.
  9. EMC is fun, at least for me and always has been. I've been playing on here for awhile, not as long as some of you, but I've seen really popular players leave before (nothing like what happened recently though) and when popular players leave there are always other players who want to leave because of that but new players replace them and we continue having fun.

I honestly think it might be better if both sides just completely cut off ties with one another and move on, like truly move on and not just say they're moving on and yet keep lingering around. It's like breaking up with your girlfriend and then continuing to hang out with one another, it doesn't work unless you have the right personalities and obviously we don't have the right personalities involved here imo.
  10. I do not want to agree with this, but it is true. We would loose a lot of friends, but I think this is right. If this was not a regular server without such high community values, I would argue differently. The problem is we were not just friends, we were more like family.

I do not think we completely cut off ties, but I do not think it is healthy to have two homes, unless you really want to.

Ignore. Wise words from deathtomb below

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
  11. This is where I disagree with the cutting of ties aspect. I think that players that harbor hate towards EMC should, to let the drama die off. If they don’t feel they can let issues lay in the past. As of player like myself and few other there is no reason in the world why I shouldn’t be able to have fun in both communities.

But the drama does need to stop on all sides if you can't have fun and leave issues be. Then quite simply go away and let the people that wish to have fun do so. There have been players on both sides guilty of doing this.

Edit: Fixed my spelling as I typed this up in a rush, the little one was acting up :p
    jkjkjk182, Twitch1, Olaf_C and 2 others like this.
  12. You have just made me cry with these words I've never cried about something like this but it was truly inspiring
    bloodra1n and Olaf_C like this.
  13. Our past is our past EMC doesn't look to the past we choose to look to the future we don't want to keep the bad memories with us we wish only to keep the happy exciting memories to all to everyone to all EMC I say let us move forward let us forget the bad stuff in the past
  14. Edit: Aikar asked me to remove this. So, I did.
    Twitch1, Seffychan and MrUnknownian like this.
  15. I did wrong and I admit it. I was angry, and I was rude at unimaginable levels. It is ironic that I am the one posting this, but here is this:
    Eclipsys likes this.
  16. Who did you reply to? The thread or to the message i made?
  17. Was to wkramer. I see he joined Oct '13, so I was catching him up on why a simple, split wouldn't be as easy as he thinks.
  18. Can we kinda... not get into details? Players can look this all up if they wish to, but the whole point and purpose here is to let the past and the history be exactly that. I really don't want anyone to go looking for an excuse to dredge up specifics and make this thread into another battleground.

EDIT: Or at the very least, keep such things to a PM if they warrant a reply.
    wisepsn, PandasEatRamen and Olaf_C like this.
  19. Yeah, I left any dirty details out. Just letting him know that the people involved aren't simply players who don't have ties to the community. :)
    MrUnknownian likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.