An idea that could maybe bring back auctions.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mrlegitislegit, Mar 31, 2012.

?

Do you think this could work

yes 4 vote(s) 57.1%
no 3 vote(s) 42.9%
  1. As we all know, forum auctions have be banned for the time being. When I looked at the thread, I got a idea on how they could possibly come back. This is the main part of the idea, an auction code. Every item that is allowed to be auctioned on the forums would be given a code. This would be so you could claim it if you win, even if the owner is not on. You would first have to pay the auctioneer the sum of rupees you won with. When that is done, you would go to their lot, say /claim (Code) and then you would have it! This would take awhile to make, and also to fix some bugs that it would bring with it, but would be good for the long run!
  2. This would be too much work and what about cross-server? or having the problem of someone not paying how would you get the item back?
  3. This would take awhile to make, and also to fix some bugs that it would bring with it, but would be good for the long run!

I already know that.
  4. Auctions r banned?
  5. In game, no, on forums, yes.
  6. Really?
    Even on enchanted items?
  7. Yes. Scamming has gone up and people are turning their auctions into buy-outs, so Justin banned them for now.
  8. http://empireminecraft.com/threads/auctions-currently-disallowed.5027/
    Yes we had a few major issues with sellers changing conditions during auctions, changing times and numerous other things. They were unfortunately just becoming more and more trouble then they were worth. You are still welcome to post a thread in the marketplace forum letting players know of items to be auctioned/sold on your lot. :)
  9. =(
  10. And how about /claim would make you pay the rupees, if you do not have enough rupees you can't claim.

The command would probaly have to be /claim item XXXX or /claim auction XXXX not just /claim XXXX because that is the command for claiming a res.
  11. /claim is used to claim residences
    so /claim auction is better
  12. Interesting Too Bad For Forum Auctioneers ( D3r3k_Fawns)
  13. how bout /obtain
  14. Well i thought /claim item (insert auction code here) would be easier to type but yeah either one would work
  15. :p
  16. Guys keep this thread alive so an Admin can see it!