[AMA/GIVEAWAY] My 4000th post!

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by 607, Sep 27, 2017.

?

Have you used the hexadecimal counting system before?

Yes, rarely to frequently. 2 vote(s) 16.7%
I guess maybe once or twice. 3 vote(s) 25.0%
No, not at all. 7 vote(s) 58.3%
  1. Hi, it's me again!

Right after posting this, I will have exactly 4000 publicly available forum posts under this account! :D In hexadecimal, that is.
    I'll be giving away 3 identical written books (in Minecraft) commemorative of this milestone. It'll be a long while before the next milestone as big as this one: after all, this number is also a power of 2.
    The book will be signed by me, and it will be allowed to have its ownership transferred, if you so desire.

To sign up, you've got to complete a task, however: you've got to ask a question that is forum-related. It doesn't have to be EMC-related, but it has to have got something to do with forums (of fora, if you prefer). Of course it can be EMC-related, but What's your favourite promo doesn't count as forum-related.
    There won't be any number-picking; instead, I'll simply include everyone joining into a raffle. I did consider getting some number-picking action going, but of course I'd want to do it in hexadecimal or binary for this occasion, and I'm not sure if everyone would like that... ;)

Thanks for being a part of my EMC experience: I've been enjoying my time here! ^.^
    ShelLuser and Sachrock like this.
  2. What is your favourite forum game?
    607 likes this.
  3. Y u post so much m8?
    607 likes this.
  4. When it's time for Piwi day you change your avatar. Do you plan ahead for that, and if so how long? :)
    mjnoe70 and 607 like this.
  5. How many forum games have you designed then scrapped that you haven't told anyone about?
    607 likes this.
  6. I really liked my Family Feud game. It's a shame I never got to finish the last round, as the special scoring questions were too complicated for me to calculate. I especially liked it because I also got some other people to host a round.
    I also really like The Rubber Ducky, because it brought me into a lot of fun situations, trying to get new pictures.
    Currently, I'm still quite enjoying The Association Thread and Counting with Pictures.
    Hm, these are all my own... I wonder if I can think of any by other people? :p
    There have been some creative games by other people I might once want to revive. :) (by making a new thread for them, not by necroposting.)
    Something I miss is the RPG's... I used to enjoy reading those, and later started participating in them myself as well. The political RPG's are interesting, but I preferred the less realistic, more personal RPG's. But most people playing aren't really active anymore: Alice, jtc0999, princebee...
    I just realised I still didn't answer: what's my favourite forum game. :p
    That's a tough question, but I think I'd go with Counting with Pictures for now, as it's been going on for so long, and it's really formed a bit of a sub-community, I feel like, with in-jokes and references and such. :)

I will answer to other questions later!
    I still need to actually write the book, too. :p (and potentially gather supplies, even. :rolleyes:)
    Sachrock likes this.
  7. What is the current Forum game you might do?
  8. (just to clarify this before I get to answering it) How do you mean?
  9. Because I enjoy doing it. ;) And in some cases, because I want to represent my opinion. Sometimes I'll see threads where I think "Ugh, this is going to take some time to go through... but I want to make my point." In such cases, I am glad when I see ShelLuser, Kephras or someone else already made the point I had wanted to make. :p
    ShelLuser and FadedMartian like this.
  10. What colour is your forums set to? Mine is default orange (idk if this question even counts).
    607 likes this.
  11. That's a good question! :) I think that all the Piwi avatars we've had so far used photos taken before I started using Piwi as my avatar. Namely around late 2013/early 2014, I think.
    When I first set Piwi as my avatar, I hadn't yet thought of the idea of changing it yearly, I think. I wouldn't know when I did get that idea, but I had had it for a little while, when the first Piwi Day was coming up. However, the idea of Piwi Day came up quite shortly before the first Piwi Day. Jelle68, AyanamiKun and you made for the motivation to create a Piwi Day giveaway. :)
    Anyway: after getting the idea of changing up the picture yearly, I started taking other Piwi photos with Piwi Day in mind.
    Bride Piwi is the last of the spontaneous Piwi pictures. The first four were all taken at most a couple of minutes after getting the idea; the upcoming pictures were all taken at the least a day or two after getting the original idea.
    I do think that might make a difference composition-wise, as for example, my current profile picture is has got quite a messy back-drop, while future ones will have it carefully organised. :)
    To answer the second question fully, here's a censored list of the official pictures that have been made, in chronological order (I think; I'm doing this all from memory).

-Piwi
    -Cool Piwi
    -Lion King Piwi
    -Bride Piwi
    -[censored] Piwi
    -[censored] Piwi
    -Reindeer Piwi
    -Piwi, King of Posts and Threads
    -[censored] Piwi
    -[censored] Piwi

So I've got pictures in store up to Piwi Day 2021! Wow, that seems a way off... but it's actually not too long from now. :eek:
  12. How do you handle negative feedback or positive feedback here on the forums?
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  13. Hexadecimal... really? Base-12 is better, it might not be for coding, but it's amazing for doing fast calculations in your head actually, that's the reason I like it :p
    Annyway mr. Piwi, We have talked quite a lot alredey, some things too personal for the forums, so, I haven't really got a question.
    No, I do :p
    There is one thing you didn't tell me and I never really thought about, but how did I inspire you to do the Piwi days? I mean, I have never talked to you about it or anything... The only thing that might be it is that I sometimes behave a little childisch? I don't know :p
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  14. Hm, not too sure... I generally don't scrap too much. I either create them, or put them off. But there have been some forum games that I couldn't execute, because there was no reason to encourage fair play, or because there was no point to them. But those would've been created in periods where I was actively thinking for new ideas... and lately, I've got a lot of forum games going already, and I've got ideas for more, that I don't have the time for to execute. :p

If you mean ideas that are in my head but I can't yet realise: there are two. Perhaps you shouldn't use them yourself any time soon, though, as I might like to get to them myself. ;)
    One revolves around lists of questions to answer. People can create lists and answer others' lists, and I'll create a list myself to start us off.
    The other is a lot more complicated, and is basically like a text-based adventure game. There's a Minecraft-like world, and players can choose to move in any of four directions each move. I tell them the result of their move, and if they're smart they'll note down where they are somewhere. Because it's public, you can also get information from other people's actions, as everyone's playing in a copy of the same map.
    I think this could be really cool, but it will take quite a bit of time and effort. First off: designing a good world. Secondly: making the thread, of course, and getting people to join. Lastly: keeping up with the game. I think I'll give players 48 hours for each move. After the 48 hours, I'll post the results as soon as reasonably possible, and the next 48 hours start. Before the game starts, I'll also wait a while until I get a good number of players. Players can jump in later, if they want: even though they will have to start from zero themselves, they will be able to read back the existing posts in the thread, and get to know a bit of their surroundings without having experienced anything for themselves.
  15. 607 made a grammatical error :eek:
  16. Read it again, it's actually not wrong. :p ("... and I've got ideas for more, that I don't have the time for space to execute.")

I'll reply properly probably tomorrow. :)
    607 likes this.
  17. I don't see one. :p

For a while, I used Dark - Orange, as it is the default. At some point, however, somebody created a thread about the different themes, and I decided to try out all themes, one each day. I quickly discovered I wasn't going to stick with Orange: there were multiple themes I liked better.
    In the end, I had to decide between Blue, Green and Purple. I went with Purple, as that's my favourite colour. :)
  18. Hm... I'm not sure. I don't get a lot.

I've been trying to find the post...

Found it! This was the 'aanleiding'! ^.^
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  19. the what?

but I remember that!! lolol, i was super excited b/c some1 donated and shell was like "huh? who is he?" :D

was a cool event, many ppl liked their presents ^.^
    607 likes this.
  20. As the current Piwi representative, I will be expecting my own signed book anyway... :) uh ;) um :eek: oh my :oops: ...and I have seen a bit of negative feedback on occasion, though not sure I agreed with it, but from the outside you just roll with things. And while everyone has a right to chose, you realize 90% or more of people use the base colors so you are bound to have more visual issues than the norm when in the forums, right? Whoa, is that my questions, no, it was meant to be rhetorical.

So, we know you are quite the poster. Leads me in to a multi-part question... Does this same type of person exist in real life or is the 607 we know not as outgoing and social in real life? You have been quite creative and unique in your approach to both forum games and your avatar, so what does a person with this much creativity plan/want to do for a career?
    607 and AyanamiKun like this.