[AMA] 2nd Year Anniversary Coming Up!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Slvr, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Totally not inspired to do this because I've seen countless of these and Synth's finally convinced me to give it a try but... Why not, eh?! I've been here for almost 2 years and have never posted an introduce yourself or AMA thread, at least not to my remembrance (I'm sure I'd remember something like that... right?).

Okay, so if you've NEVER seen me before, I am from SMP8 and spend about 99% of my time on EMC there unless mod duty or conventional reasons make me decide to go to Utopia for their wastelands or something. It's this limited interaction that I'm hoping to end. I want to get involved with everyone! And until I can get my residences in order, this is the way I wanna do it.

Ask me things. Ask me anything you want. Because I love to talk, and I will answer no matter what it is, I'm sure; if it's too personal or if I don't feel like saying it publicly, I'll tell you so (if I say the latter, feel free to ask me to PM you - usually I'll be fine telling you privately if I won't say so publicly). Honestly, I feel like the way I've made connections on here is just to accept the nutter that I am and be fortunate enough to have other people willing to accept the nutter that I am.

So... do yall have questions for Slvr? :eek:
  2. Grats on 2 years (nearly)
    My questions:
    What kept you playing for so long?
    Do you like eggs?
  3. I found EMC in summer of 2015, so I was 14 at the time. I was having a pretty down summer, I wanted a more thrilling Minecraft experience, but I didn't want to feel under constant threat *cough cough, the faction servers I'd seen my brother watching on YouTube*. So I searched up no PVP Minecraft servers, found EMC, and why did I stay... at first, I think I stayed because I was looking for something I wasn't sure of yet. Then I came to know a lot of people on EMC, and realized how much I loved the innerworkings of it, the little jokes, the insanity of smp8 town chat. I stayed because I love the people and I love the community, and without them I don't know where I'd be. Certainly not here.

Eggs? Well, I do like you Sachrock! :p In all seriousness, yes. I eat eggs rather often irl and in-game, I use them to farm chickens more than I do actually breeding them.
    Sachrock likes this.
  4. Congratz Slvr!! :D

Questions: 1: What smp is this best? 2: Dark or milk chocolate 3: DC or Marvel 4: Would you like some chorus fruits?
  5. 1. Well I may be a bit biased on this but... SMP8 :p
    2. Milk chocolate. Dark chocolate is ok but not as good imo.
    3. No idea because I don't care about what company a superhero comes from, I just watch the superhero movies if they catch my attention.
    4. ...Maybe...
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  6. Congrats on two years... I'll be hitting that landmark come October. I remember my first interaction with you. Back before when your name was a little bit longer. :D You and another member connected a nether rail to an outpost I'm a part of. I reached out to you to solve the problem of this since the rail that got connected took me to your outpost now and no longer would take me to my own. lol

Sounds like we have similar reasons for joining this great server. No pvp, no factions... That's exactly what I was looking for.

Question: Does silver have any meaning to you? Seeing as it's always part of your name.
    Slvr likes this.
  7. Congratulations on 2 years! My question, what is the scariest creature you've heard of?
    Slvr likes this.
  8. Ah! I remember that yes! Hehe. That was an error on our behalf, hehe, and a mixup with an old friend. Silver has no specific meaning to me but it was more of a spur of the moment thing. In my spare time I oftentimes write, and at the time I was developing a character whose name was Silver. She was a dragoness who had a sleek, aerodynamic body. Funnily enough, Silver never made it into a story as herself. Silver evolved into a character called Jolie, an ice dragoness entirely different from the original character of Silver. But I've just decided to stick with it, because I like it. :)

I'd have to say the Wendigo. As I've explained before, it is a creature that has no real definitive visual representation and can be as childish an interpretation as you choose to as nightmarishly terrifying as you can imagine. However, I must say that I watched Krampus recently and.... yeah. ;)
    AncientTower and Shadow_Dcord like this.
  9. Nothing beats good ol child eating Santa Claus.
    Slvr likes this.
  10. Happy 2 years on EMC Slvr I hope to see 2 more in the future!!! ;)

My question to you is this Do you love skeletons as much as endermen?

With that aside real question time. What is your favorite memory on EMC before you became staff?
    Slvr likes this.
  11. Of course! My character was raised by them, after all...

Before I became staff? Hmm. I'd have to say it was a say when a player came to buy some written books from me (they're signed by SilvrBuildBlocks. And old. And horrible. If you have them just never read them again. For your sake and mine) and we ended up talking for hours. I was still new, still an smp2er. I didn't talk to anybody but when she showed up I decided to chance it. Now she and I have been great friends since then, and you probably see us together pretty often. Fishcat is the player in question. I love that moment because that was when I realized how truly great this community was, and that I was determined to get more into it. :D
    crystaldragon13 and SkeleTin007 like this.
  12. Bump... Ask me things people :cool:
  13. Hi Slvr. Nice to meet you and congrats on two years. :)
    Slvr likes this.
  14. Thank you! :D Nice to meet you too.
  15. Do you have any goals for a future career?
  16. This is a tricky one. There are two career paths I'm interested in pursuing - veterinary and computer software/other computer sciences, but there are practical "pros and cons" for both, I suppose is the best way to say it. I'm not afraid t say that financially speaking, I have nothing saved for college or further education after high school. My parents had no way of doing it (or so they claim) and I'm not going to be able to save much through my high school years. That said, that would mean following veterinary, while possible, would probably be an incredible financial burden whereas following computers would not be quite so detrimental. Furthermore, veterinary will also take a lot more time to complete. With all of that said, though, I love both, but I think veterinary would satisfy me more. I have always lived around animals, and especially have a soft spot for cats (there are so many people who already love dogs, cats could use a few more loving arms), particularly the enormous problem of feral/unfixed cats that wander freely. I love computers, and I have fun messing with them and doing things with it, but I think that's more of an in-the-moment high whereas veterinary would satisfy me in the long-term.

So, that was my long-winded version of "I don't know yet." Haha!
    ShiitakeBros and crystaldragon13 like this.
  17. Congrats on 2 years Slvr! It has definitely been a joy working with you on the staff team, and I look forward to seeing you here for a while yet. :)

I am a year out from graduating from college with a Bachelor's degree, and I still am at "I don't know yet."

When I was in high school, my whole 10th grade year I was set on wanting to become a US Ambassador. Strange choice of occupation, not many kids say that growing up, I am sure :rolleyes: But, it stemmed from my love of learning new languages. I have always enjoyed grammar ( :eek: ), writing papers, sentence structure, and wording. So, I was determined to become fluent in most major world languages and fulfill my duties traveling the world, representing the US.

Fast forward, I am not studying to become a computer programmer :confused: While it seems like a drastic change in occupations, it really isn't: to become a computer programmer, you normally have to be familiar with multiple programming 'languages.' Typically, the more you know the more capable you are as a developer. (Not always true, there are many very good developers who only know one or two languages). My love of learning new languages, grammar, wording, etc, it all feeds into my desire to do computer programming. Which is more in line with what I want to do, than becoming a US Ambassador.

Basically, as you work your way through High School, you will learn more and more what it is you enjoy doing (and what you don't enjoy doing ;)). Eventually, you will find something that fulfills what it is that you enjoy doing the most. Don't think of it so much as a "this or that" decision, but consider how doing one could eventually lead into also doing the other.

Now that I have talked your ear off :p, for my questions:
    What is your favorite EMC Event?
    What is your favorite thing to do on EMC/Minecraft?
    If you had to choose 2 other staff members to be stuck on a deserted island with for one month, who would you choose?
    Slvr likes this.
  18. Hello Slvr, I just wanna say that I'm so glad you joined the team because I mostly stay on smp1, and I'm not sure I would have had the opportunity to get to know you better! I think you are so tremendously bright, funny, enthusiastic, and insightful. oh yes .. congratz on the almost 2 years. =D

hmm... was hoping I'd think of a question while I was typing ... hmm

a silly one .. maybe >_> .. pancakes or waffles?

On a more serious note.. What's you favorite way to prepare a potato?

Which type of water would you rather be closest to? (ocean, creek, river, etc)
    Slvr likes this.
  19. Thank you for that! An earful or not it was appreciated. :D

My favorite events, by far, have to be the impromptu death thingies I've been to in the past (for example, the Blizz Ard Massacre of 2016! haha). Impromptu things just have a certain air to them that make them great fun. But of official named events, probably Miner Mania and variants. Though they do encourage mining, they're just great events to get together with people, chat, have some fun. It's like a house party but in-game.

My favorite thing to do in Minecraft in general is typically to mess with mobs. This jumps to a whole new level on EMC... For example, I have a pack of over 80+ named wolves at an unofficial frontier base, a giant squid tank on my second residence, and two parrots that I have only taken off my shoulders to let people see their names in-game (and I make sure they always go back on the right way too... gray and yellow first, then blue!). Oh, and I also moved an Elder Guardian several hundred blocks by punching and splashing it into a box so that I could later build it a tank as well. Yes, there will be many, many cows and milk dispensers nearby. :p

Hmm... This will be nothing personal but just because I have problems with new people, like, enormous problems (especially irl...) I'd probably have to say you and crystaldragon13. Granted I think you'd both end up trying to eat me if you went crazy from hunger or something, because lolI'mhugeevenifImworkingonit, but it'd still be fun to try! JD would make up games that would later make us question his sanity as it deteriorated, and crystal would keep us all in check... Meanwhile I'd be the idiot who ate all the rations too quickly! It would be so much fun! Takes notes to write future story.

Thank you! It's been a real pleasure getting to know you too. My only interaction with you prior to the Greening of Jan 2017 was when I called you out to look at something funny going on in the End (iron bars getting auto protected even after getting regenned with a new dragon... I wonder if that was ever fixed too... hmm). Anyway, it has been great to get to know you lot and you especially. If you are to take anything away from this long reply, just know that I think you have a very big heart and an almost unreal sense of right and wrong. Unreal in that it amazes me all the time.

Now onto those questions... Waffles! More nooks and crannies to catch the peanut butter and syrup with... I love baked potatoes especially. Before I went on my low-carb diet, I have a feeling they were singlehandedly causing me to gain weight so bad. I loved them too much :oops:. After baking said potato(es), I'd then load them with cheese, sour cream, butter, ranch, bacon bits... A little bit of everything, lol! As for the last question, I'd have to say a river. I've always been around rivers anyway but they're just fun to be around. Creeks in my experience usually smell awful and oceans... I dunno, heard too many horror stories about flooding, and they attract people (hiss! I mean, erm... never mind). So I'd have to say river for sure. :D
  20. Congrats!

Can you mail me your head?
    If not, can I kill you in PvP for it?