Alternate payment methods

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JustinGuy, Mar 13, 2012.

1. I'm not a huge fan of PlaySpan, I've had many encounters with them not delivering my goods due to a failure on their part. Every time I had to make a phone call with them to get my stuff. But yeah it does give a lot of payment options and I will always stick to PayPal anyways :)
  2. http://www.allopass.com/ is quite nice here for europe. You basically can pay through a taxed phonecall/sms and they have a number for each country (60 different countries apparently). This is nice because you are not charged an international call fee, which most of the time end up into ridiculous numbers. I believe all you have to do afterwards is set up the system on EMC's side.

One code is ~3.00€, three will make it 9€ which will be close to 10$. I believe they cover the UK as well, so they have a pounds/code exchange rate. I have already used this service multiple times. It's fast, reliable, and if you have an issue (which I had once where the phone server bugged and told me gibberish) the support team usually answers very fast through email (4 hours for me, sent me a new code).

This is one option you should really consider setting up.
    http://www.allopass.com/fr/country Here you can see the most important countries they cover, which covers America too.
    copherfield likes this.
  3. Yeah I go all with allopass, not only because it supports my country but also because of the payment methods :)
  4. I like how you had to quantify that with (joking) in case one of these lunatics tried it. :)
  5. Yes indeed, I'd like to bring Justin's attention on this specific page : http://www.allopass.com/us/products-services
    As you can see, not all countries have access to all services, however there's always a few. In most Europe countries we get both SMS and Phone call, but also visa/master card. I know they support local credit cards in a few countries because before I got my mastercard, I had what you call a "carte bleue", which only works in France, and Allopass had support for it.
  6. 95% of Greek gamers use paysafecard because is safe mathod and cheap :)
  7. Hey, any answers to this?
  8. I am going through the process of adding Paysafe Card to our payment options :)
    battmeghs likes this.
  9. That's not even a joke, haha. We've had banned players call our houses before.
    will_iamd and battmeghs like this.
  10. Hide yourself! ha! :p
    battmeghs likes this.
  11. :( Yeah that wont work to me neither, just allopass :(
    well i suppose i will have to win the supp contests from now on... xD
  12. Sorry I will try to add more as time goes on :)
    copherfield likes this.
  13. Holy crap thats creepy. ..

*Ring ring*

"Hello?"

*Heavy Breathing* "hi. . ."

"Whos this?"

*pause* "Is this Justin?"

"Um, yeah, but whos this?"

*More heavy breathing* "Leoooooo"

".....Leo.....who?"

"Waaaaaaaaste!.........."

"Cool man, don't call here again or I call the police."

*click*
    Yukon1200, kilmannan, Kells18 and 3 others like this.
  14. Is it just me, or is it that with the dawn of the internet and all that it brings, that there are now a far higher proportion of lunatics and psychopaths in the world than there used to be?
    GameKribJEREMY likes this.
  15. Add iDeal. That's quite popular and very easy around here (the Netherlands)
  16. That is insane anyway. A thing of jerky is like $10.
  17. I'm not a huge fan of jerky, although I do love Slim Jims ever since I got introduced to them by a bunch of US military bods in Afghan. Can't get them over here though. *Cries*
    That was what I sent my food parcel for, we were doing a food exchange. The bugger never sent me anything back though. :(
  18. No, there were always lunatics in the world, the internet just is a way for these lunatics to be made known to the world more effectively.
    kilmannan likes this.