Alt accounts

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by PetuniaFigtree, Jun 12, 2022.

1. I have a number of alts, I was wondering if they have changed the system so that it's possible to register them all onto the same email? I have actually purchased the game multiple times and I do not even maintain the other email accounts so it sometimes gets messy if I have to log in again for any reason (like now with this update).
    607 likes this.
  2. As of right now, no. Microsoft Accounts are required for every individual alt for Minecraft.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  3. you will need every single microsoft account for every single account. how cringe it is.
    also beware your one of microsoft account may got locked due to violate microsoft tos
    FadedMartian likes this.
  4. Yes, this is possible. You need one Microsoft account for each Minecraft account, after migration (which is mandatory), but you can set them all to use the same email address.
    What is this about?
    HazardousCode likes this.
  5. buy/sell/transfer ownership in this account is prohibited under microsoft tos.
  6. It was stated that the game has been bought multiple multiple times, FROM MOJANG. So no problem here. :)
    FadedMartian, UltiPig, 607 and 4 others like this.
  7. For clarification: this is untrivial, sorry that I didn't mention right away. If you try to create multiple Microsoft accounts with the same email address, it says an account with that address already exists. Try adding a period or two to your email address and see if you receive the confirmation email. With Gmail, this is no problem; I don't know about other email services.
  8. I was not able to get that to work anywhere but the forums so I have actually a separate email for all of my fully purchased and owned accounts
    /Petunia gang
  9. For any site actually

if you have an email

tuqueque@gmail.com

you can trick all other sites to have unique emails by doing

tuqueque+1@gmail.com
    tuqueque+2@gmail.com
    or any alphanumeric string such as
    tuqueque+minecraft1@gmail.com

Most sites consider these emails unique but for google, these are all the same gmail, and you will receive mails sent to the same account

just a tip for everyone who does not know :)
    HazardousCode and Fred_TWK like this.
  10. Wait, you're still talking only about Gmail?
    In any case, this might be more convenient to some than the period method, so good addition. :)
  11. Thanks, works to register on the forum like that but to create minecraft account it didn't accept it, had to create a new email .. sigh