Allow All Senior Staff To Redeem Supporter Vouchers

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by fighter_Ethan, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Currently, only the Community Manager (Krysyy) can redeem Supporter Vouchers. She is busy, however, with IRL things and cannot actively redeem. As such, I propose that all Senior Staff be able to redeem these vouchers to ease pressure off of Krysyy. This would lower the current average waiting time, which went from 1-2 days in 2019 to 1-2 weeks currently.

Esrik, __Devil_, DrasLeona247 and 4 others like this.
  2. We all know the answer to this

Since the dawn of time we have been suggesting it and since the dawn of time it has been denied.

But if things are willing to change im all for it
    KatydidBuild and UltiPig like this.
  3. I’ll take one for the team and ask to become a co-Community Manager with the only responsibility of redeeming players vouchers.
    KatydidBuild, Dufne, Kryarias and 8 others like this.
  4. Kryarias likes this.
  5. Okay, but what if we look at the bigger picture here...
    If the server is fully custom coded, then surely it's possible, and someone has the skill, for them to just have the process automatic?
  6. They have said they would do that for a very long time but like other stuff not got round to it
  7. Last update was that Aikar was *working* on a process to make the voucher redemption automatic. The sticky point being that real monies were used to buy the vouchers (in the beginning) and so they must be verified.

The most recent schedule of redemptions for only on Monday- Wednesday- Friday was supposed to fix the timing issue. There seems to be a hold-up somewhere in the line and frustrations are mounting simply from not being communicated with (players).

I have only the observation of this, obviously I cannot fix it. But I join the others who say that there needs to be a plan. A plan that can be followed through. Just a plan will not do anything.

If the answer was that vouchers are only redeemed once a week, then at least we could expect that timing.
  8. I had a feeling it may have been an issue of legitimacy.

I haven't coded in over a year, but it doesn't seem like a terribly difficult thing to implement. Surely they could have, for example, a way of identifying vouchers. Perhaps an algorithm that gives each voucher a unique, but identifyable and predictable alphanumeric string? That way if somehow someone duplicated a voucher, it would be void as another voucher with that same string exists.

Then maybe a plugin that stored the location of every voucher in containers or inventories when the vouchers are moved, alongside their unique identifier, and then throws up a red flag if multiple with the same tag are found?

A problem with this might be pre-existing vouchers which would need to be phased out.

But this is just my view on it, I'm sure there's lots of otherthings I have overlooked.
    EfficiencyV and fighter_Ethan like this.
  9. Very insightful. I could easily see how this could be implemented. If they truly needed to rid themselves of pre-existing vouchers, they could void the old vouchers and the automatic ones could be the ones that are valid. Everyone with vouchers would be given an opportunity to submit a request to be compensated on however many they currently have. i dunno, just a thought.
    EfficiencyV and KatydidBuild like this.