All Under 16 Year Olds Should Be Banned From Games?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nfell2009, Jan 9, 2013.

?

Agree?

Yes 7 vote(s) 6.2%
No!! 106 vote(s) 93.8%
  1. MindBlownApps, you can find us on google, or by adding a .com after our name, just be sure you have flash for optimal viewing.
  2. That is cool. How old are you?
  3. yeah when i was 11 alot of people thought i was 7... it helps getting the ladies to look young and cute.
  4. So glad other people commented on this. I don't like this idea of people below the age of 16 not being able to play games. I am a 14 year old game lover and always will be.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  5. If people think you are 7, and you're 11, that's a bad thing...
    Lol, you need to choose your words better :p I read that as
    "I'm a 14 year old gamer. I'll always game, and i'll always be 14" :p
    mba2012 likes this.
  6. Fourteen
    mba2012 likes this.
  7. That is some cool app you have on your site. I will try fining it some time.
  8. I know who this is ;) I don't mind him sometimes put he comes out with stupid stuff and spams sometimes
    RainbowChin and nfell2009 like this.
  9. I think this thread needs to be closed.
  10. I completely disagree. Like everybody else has been saying, the basis for banning people from games should never be age. Maturity is all that really matters, and the people that act up are the ones who get banned. I think that's punishment enough, so there is absolutely no reason to take the option to play video games away from everybody under 16. A great example would be Notch. (For those of you who don't know, he's the guy that started development on Minecraft.) He began coding around the time he was 8, and had he not been allowed to play games until he was 16 he probably would have never gotten into coding. If that were the case, we wouldn't have Minecraft today.
    mba2012 likes this.
  11. I started games at the age of 3 (Pokemon) and they actually taught me how to read at an earlier age. I didn't really start violent gaming until i was about 10, at which point i believe that i was way over the maturity needed to play games. Honestly, i have never met a kid who let a simple form of entertainment change them to the point where anything violent happens. If the person was violent in the first place, they will remain violent. If another person was a good, law-abiding citizen, playing a game isn't going to make them stab someone. In fact, its a form of stress release, it could prevent violent crimes.
  12. I had it figured out pretty quick.
    Just so I know were talking about the same guy; is the most recent post on his profile; "trollin"?
    It is rather rude to ask for somebody else's thread to be closed.
    It's like walking up to two people talking and shouting "Stop talking now!"
    Can you see what I mean by this?
  13. Rainbow's right the moderators can decide when a thread gets outa hand. I don't think it's gotten to the point where a mod will shut this down. But either way a mod already weighed in and said there will NEVER be a age restriction.
    RainbowChin likes this.
  14. Pokemon is the main way/reason learned English.
  15. some people can be immature but some people under 16 are mature enough to not act like a complete child. So i agree with 1/2 of what he/she's saying
  16. I don't know if that's necessarily a bad thing in some cases. Some people just assume things.

I usually stayed/stay quiet, only talking every now and then because that's just how I am at some games. There used to be a 14yr old kid on SMP7 oreoninja25(he's banned, I believe we're able to say names), who would come to my res every day that he logged in and would ask me a ton of questions. I didn't mind until I would be trying to make the gen I saw on youtube or something. He would hop in the way and grab the part that I had just broken to pick up. He did this until one day
    he started asking personal stuff and it went sort of like this in town chat:

"Do you have a boyfriend?"
    Me: "No, but I have a husband."
    "A husband!?!?! How old are you!?"
    Me: "23. How old did you think I was?"
    "16. HAVE I BEEN TROLLED? I'VE BEEN TROLLED HAVEN'T I?"
    Hayley: No, trolled would be if she were lying and leading you on. You just didn't have all the right information.

From that day forward he made sure my life was a living hell. He would login to EMC and ask inappropriate things, troll people, iSMOOCH and NurseKilljoy had to kick him several times until one night he logged in and started on everyone and I had to alert iSMOOCH and people were reporting like crazy. He then hunted me down on Twitter/skype/youtube and would message me and lie about things and wouldn't leave me alone. Nearly had a mental breakdown.
  17. Well I think this is one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever heard. I mean seriously, they make E games for a reason. Also, I'm 13, and I maybe have gotten scolded once for immaturity in Minecraft. I think that the people that say "Twelve year olds are so annoying and immature!" are more immature than a lot of twelve year olds. The person that proposed this is an example.
  18. People can be annoying or disrespectful because they are young kids. But 15 year olds are already mature. Some kids are already mature and there is no point banning these people. Half of EMC players are under 15 I believe.
    mba2012 likes this.
  19. What do you define as 'young'?
  20. I define Young as 10-1, Its because my brother is 11 and he is mature than me.. I fool around a ton and hes just a straight forward guy. If he can be so mature and smart, others can.