All item sorter (400+ different different things)

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by DaddyDNon, Apr 23, 2020.

1. I went yeet and i want a organized way to clean my res soooo... donate hoppers and chests if ya want. It very ambitious and its gonna take alot of iron and wood. Ill show anyone that wants to see it after
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  2. Uh-oh... hoppers? :rolleyes:
    Especially in town, this seems undesired, sorry to say. Unless the lag issues caused by hoppers have been resolved, but I think I would've heard of that...
    But maybe it's not as bad as I think, I would be glad to hear. :)
    white_trash_dna likes this.
  3. Dude noracane260 on smp7 has the same thing and her res if fine lol.
    if it laggs too much ill take it down
  4. Lagg improvement is widly more complcated than that. You could use a system that powers the hoppers, elimiating most server-side lagg they produce, jet keeping the client-side lagg. I use this in my 752/753 a lot, and even more in the sorting system of my outpost, as that had a lot more opportunities for such redstone.

I have been working on a thread on lagg prefention, busting a lot of the myths that go around, and sharing some genuine insights in what you can do about it, and what different types of lagg you might (not) want to focuss on preventing, including information on a lot of important related topics... It's over 6000 words currently (written in one go,) so I hope I'm ging to be able to edit it into something readable.

DaddyNNon, I sugegst you use a system like TangoTek's sotorage system: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsNV9Mo00Gw This will prevent ou from having to use a normal item sorter for all different types of items, which would be, even for someone like me, exessive and unnesecairy. Aditionally, I would use a system that uses water streams instead of hoppers to get the items around, both for client and server side lagg prevention. These are not trivial on EMC because of item stacking mechenics, luckily, I made a tutoprial on them here: https://empireminecraft.com/threads...n-emc-better-than-hopper-based-systems.80092/ This post also contains some general insights on sorting systems by someone who has been playing minecraft for roughly ten years, and on this server for more than eight of them. I hope that would be helpfull.

No, that is not fine. With the 1.15.2 update (This server updated from 1.12.2 to 1.15.2 directly) came a lot of server preformance issues, which have to do with the code of minecraft itself. Because of that, it is advized to be more carefull when creatings structures that might cause lagg. It's not a single structure that will kill the server (Though I have been guilty of that, with projects far more out-there than a storgae system,) The problem is the accumilated lagg causing structures, that do nothing on their own. All of us need to collectivly try to prevent lagg from happening, which definitly includes people's storgae areas.
    607 and BenMA like this.