[AKA] Ask Krysyy Anything 10/9/17

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Krysyy, Oct 9, 2017.

1. AKA. Ask Krysyy Anything.

Hi, I'm Krysyy and I am your Community Manager, one of the 2 admins of EMC.

An awesome player by the name of neonkillah reminded me that we haven't done one of these in a while, so here we are.

Feel free to ask me random questions that you think of and I'll give an answer. I do reserve the right to not answer some questions.
    I'm not gonna go around sharing confidential or sensitive information y'all :rolleyes:

3, 2, 1.....GO!
  2. What's your favorite professional football team?
    Equinox_Boss and ChespinLover77 like this.
  3. I don't really watch professional football anymore. I'm more of a college football maniac.

Now, that being said, I used to be a die-hard Tennessee Titans fan. Houston Texans too, a long time ago.
    Equinox_Boss and PackerFan like this.
  4. Heard Austin is a great city but I have never gone. What is your feeling and what is your favorite thing to do there.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. What's your favourite thing that has ever happened on EMC?
    Equinox_Boss, ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  6. Well, due to being a local for most of my life, Austin doesn't really hold the charm that others seem to see with regards to novelty. I actually enjoy the outskirts of Austin more so than the city itself. I've never been one for large cities in particular.

The hill country to the north east of Austin is simply magnificent though. I was fortunate enough to move out there with my family when I was in 8th grade and my dad still lives there. I swear I was a mermaid in another life because I practically lived in the lake out that way growing up, and still enjoy visiting often. It's a completely different world than Austin proper.

Regarding the city of Austin itself though, I'd have to say my favorite thing to do is to go see some type of fine arts performance during the wintertime, then walk around the streets with a group of friends, usually stopping by this amazing place with build-your-own-smores as a menu item. Great friends, food, and culture =)
    Equinox_Boss and God_Of_Gods like this.
  7. Asking the hard questions there. You'll have to be more specific in order for me to even begin to think of an answer.
    Equinox_Boss and ShelLuser like this.
  8. Heya
    What's your fav promo
    And do u miss being a "white" player lol
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  9. I was only a 'white' player for about a month tbh. Moose and I decided early on that this was the server for us and became supporters quite quickly.

As for my favorite promo: I think we have yet to release one that I would label a favorite. I thoroughly enjoy many of the promos, but none of them are quite my 'favorite' YET. The top ones in my mind so far are definitely, in no particular order:
    Cupid's Bow
    Meteor Bow
    Flaming Mob Launcher
    Maxarian Head
    Pot of Gold
  10. What has happened on EMC that you enjoyed the most or now look most fondly upon? Can be events/contests, news, updates, goals achieved, or just happy moments while playing
    e.g. in-game wedding, building the tardis, claiming newbie staff souls, moose giving you dragon egg, etc. Cop-outs like "joining" are forbidden ;D
  11. Are you ever going to release a doctor who themed promo?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. Do you miss playing your alt HKR or are you enjoying your new one more ?
    NathanRP, Equinox_Boss, CDJS and 3 others like this.
  13. Most is a rough word :p So I'll give you a few.

The Blue Ribbon Hotel. Back then it wasn't the norm to have these multi-residence builds, and people rightfully thought Moose and I were insane for attempting it. The memories of the design process, the physical building, and the sense of accomplishment I have from that project still make me smile. AND I did it all with my amazing husband, who wasn't my husband back then. So bonus points.

The sheep farm. Another instance of people thinking I was crazy. I started a sheep shearing business with only a few employees and a TON of sheep. Back then you couldn't control breeding so visiting shearers would over-breed the sheep and at one time there were more than 1300 on one res.... Yeah there's a reason we have limits now.

The TARDIS. OMG that TARDIS shop. I had this bright idea to make a shop into the shape of a TARDIS. Worked tirelessly designing the inside to make it where you wouldn't need to read any signs to get to where you needed to buy/sell your stuff. EVERYTHING was pixel art and everything was themed, etc. I'll have to dig out the pics of my sheep room. Was a little creepy to have 16 heads of sheep lining all walls, not that I think about it. However, that shop was one of the hardest things to keep in stock. This was also way back when you, I and leowaste had the only shops on the server Alex. SMP2 was the economic giant and megamalls were this new and crazy idea that people wondered how we made. Gosh, I still remember in the design process having to plan for the teleports (because there weren't any). We had just holes in the floor to each of the different floors.

Alright, I think that's enough for one answer ;)
  14. I never say never. However, if you count Sarah Jane's Warpstar, then I already have =P

Actual /promo ones, maybe some day in the future. Though it would have to be a really good reason.
    Equinox_Boss, RainbowChin and 607 like this.
  15. For those that are completely lost when reading this, DarkModFallen is an old staff of ours. The staff are convinced that an old player of ours was my alt. I do have an alt that they do not know about and they try to guess on occasion. They have yet to be right though :p
  16. Once Dragon Tombs gets added, and your roadmap is free, will you ever work on pets?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  17. That would be a question for a developer. That's not my area of expertise, sorry.
    Equinox_Boss, 607 and WardleDeBoss like this.
  18. What is your favorite unreleased promo
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. My Timelord Armor and weapons of course (out of the ones I can tell you about).
    Equinox_Boss, ChespinLover77 and 607 like this.
  20. How'd you get into doctor who
    Equinox_Boss likes this.