Aikar why do you break vanilla aspects of the game.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SkareCboi, Feb 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. just because it works on SP does not mean it will on a server, Spigot will change many factors of the code to make the way certain spawns work with mobs, work differently.
    RainbowChin and tuqueque like this.
  2. There is thousands of bugs it's why it takes time to fix...
  3. yes, but they focus on the more major ones, before they get to the smaller ones, that's what my whole point is...
    Dektirok likes this.
  4. It works on EMC. I have a working version in the smp3 nether fronteir.
  5. ^ This is Aikar, professionally closing his laptop to go watch TV in a mature manner instead of walking away with his fingers in his ears. :)

Sure, this comment may have been unnecessary, but so were many of his.
  6. yes, but Spigot can still change aspects to it, or even Mojang.... Look at the Iron Farms for example,
  7. Welp, Shel replied on my comment. Time to jump ship and leave this thread. No sense in even thinking about replying now or even posting another comment.

Go ahead and blindly back up Aikar as much as you want. I'm done because I know trying to get through to either of you is all for naught. I'd have as much fun, if not more fun, arguing with a brick wall. And I'd probably accomplish more that way, too.
    TrapThem, Dufne, Rhythmically and 4 others like this.
  8. I think some people need just step back and take a breather on this subject before say something you might regret in the morning. Anyways Happy Valetines everyone!
  9. If they don't play their game, at least they listen to their community.
    For example, Iron farms, in the 1.8 version,
    Mojang wanted to break these farms but all the community complained about it so they removed the idea.

It's what Aikar should do right now.
  10. Not entirely sure what you mean about the spigot part. I've tested this thing on many different spigot servers. If an update is released the changes the farm mechanics, then I'll modify the farm to work with those changes.
    Rhythmically likes this.
  11. I did not see that post as it switched pages as I was writing my last big one.

My point was that other servers don't go fixing those kind of things because they don't know how. they depend on mojang. I don't depend on Mojang was the point I was trying to make. When something affects us, I can fix it.

And I also do "play" some, to experience the creation from a players view. That's where a lot of the Quality of Life updates come from. What I meant by "I'm not a player", is that I'm not playing for long term character building as the players do.

I understand why people make the farms. Before I became the head around EMC, I too built redstone things. I understand it, I really do.

the issue comes with how they are abused and how it impacts the economy. We've been battling this deflation issue on farmed goods for years now. We can't let things go "uncapped", or then your stuck with a problem with no clean solution.

As I said, I'm not straight out banning them, it's not my goal to make them 100% useless. That's where the difference of my personal thoughts and the realistic goals of providing this service to the players comes in.

While I personally disagree with them, I know we can't take them away completely.

I just want them to at least follow a baseline of expectations (which is backed up by the fact of how mojang wants XP to be rewarded too)
  12. Wow.. it took awhile to figure out after I read all this if I had just finished watching the LEGO movie or not.
    Rhythmically and SkareCboi like this.
  13. 'Us'. Who does this consist of? I have an idea... Lets have a poll on the forums and the community will vote. If many people like the change, then its said.. Have the community decide on this issue as it is a community 'issue'.
  14. Yes, make the thread.
    Rhythmically likes this.
  15. SOLUTION: Get rid of the economy! You can thank me later.

Please don't nerf farms to the point of uselessness. You'd be driving away a huge part of your player base. EMC has been fine with farms for so long that it's not something that's just changeable. So many players have built huge farms on multiple servers, and wild bases centered around farms. Take that away and you're taking away what some players have worked 4+ years on.
  16. US is the EMC comminity so you, me, aikar and other people that have logged to EMC. btw "I got affected" could be in a positive manner.(the word affected in general)
  17. Again, not nerfing farms... I closed an exploit that one specific farm was using to get XP w/o hitting mobs.

On the note of the dog version mentioned above.... It's now on Track to be fixed too.
  18. HAHAHAHA! Servers rely on Mojang to release bug fixes because they don't know how to fix a bug? PLease, you're making me laugh. Considering that I really could care less about Minecraft, I'm going to mention the names of servers that are superior to EMC in any way possible:

And many more that possess the capability of fixing a bug that you and your dev team lack. Now I'm not a coder, but I'm pretty sure that if you're going to code a server or any game, you should know how to fix a minor bug
    xHaro_Der, SkareCboi and Roslyn like this.
  19. To be completely honest aikar alot of people couldn't care less about the economy they care mostly about the community feel also hoe about you play as a normal player for a bit start with nothing and work your way up your views may very well change. Who knows though. Pretty sure some though don't care and alot of people don't care emc has become such a part of their life where cutting it out is almost impossible which is just sad i don't care if what i say is brutal as long as i know it's my honest opinion...
    xHaro_Der, PenguinDJ and SkareCboi like this.
  20. No listing other servers. But I was not referencing other servers that are professionally developed. This bug doesn't even affect those servers.

I meant the other cookie cutter servers who don't have developers. But the rest of your reply doesn't make any sense.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.