Against rules to transfer accounts?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by sgx2000, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Is there a way to transfer a Minecraft account to another player that doesn't break EMC or Minecraft rules?
  2. As far as I know, as long as you basically don't do it via EMC (use ruppees) it should be legal. So, if you send the way to log in to a parson, and that pesron pays you an amount of real life money (or you want to give it, of course) (to let that other person change the email adress and the password) it should be fine, since EMC does not get involved in to this. You can request a full accound reset by Kryssy I beleve.
    Only, When you start using ruppees to get the accound itself over, that is not allowed on EMC, I think that is so that people don't sell real life things for ruppees, to basically protect them from doing so. You can, as far as I know, use ruppees to pay back for the things that are on that accound, (buildings on res's and such) I anyway don't see why not.
    I also want to say that if this is an accound of a real life friend of yours, and you just want that accound to use on emc, that is legal anyway.
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  3. It's technically against Mojang's ToS, but that's rarely if ever enforced over one account.
    607 likes this.
  4. Considering that you mentioned breaking the rules... It's obviously not possible to sell a banned account to someone else, and then more or less expect or "demand" (used loosely) access to EMC again just because you allegedly sold the account. That's because there would be no solid way for EMC staff to confirm (or dispute) that the account actually changed owners.
    607 likes this.
  5. IP's
  6. Some connections use dynamic IP's, so they'd get a different IP all the time. An IP can definitely be an indication, but it is by no means solid proof.

(edit)

It could also be open to abuse, think about VPN use.
    607 and NuclearBobomb like this.
  7. If an IP matches the one of another player on EMC, then it is probably that other player.
  8. Yeah this isn't a banned account or anything. No nefarious things going on here, I just have an account I no longer use and I saw a player in chat saying they wish they had an alt and I figured I could do a nice thing and give it to them if it wasn't against some rules.

If it's against Mojang's ToS though it would seem it is against the rules. I logged into the account on the Mojang website and I figured I could change the username, password, and email address and then hand it over.

However, someone here mentioned that Krysyy could reset the account. I imagine that would reset the vote count and that would allow someone to get the voters gear again. Surely that is not something they would want to have happen, right?
    607 likes this.
  9. It depends, but I'm not fully sure. See: assuming they'd complete the whole voting streak then it's only fair that the player gets a reward for that. Within that context this is no different from getting an alt through Mojang and then starting a vote streak that way, that's perfectly within the rules and something EMC doesn't mind.

But it becomes a different issue if you would give your voters gear away to the same player, then the reset happens and then they start voting. That would basically result in them getting 2 identical copies of the voters gear, which would be close to scamming.

My advice would be to contact Krysyy about this. If you can produce the voters gear and then make sure this gets included with the reset (for example: by putting it into your first vault page so that senior staff can confirm its existence and its deletion) then I don't see a reason why they might refuse. Of course; I don't speak from first hand experience so my guess is as good as yours, but generally speaking fair play is usually considered the most important aspect in these things.

Hope this can help.
  10. Why are you making this so complicated? It's a MC account, if you want to give it to someone, then do it. Give them the log in and email, ask them to change it and the account is theirs. There is no need to contact anyone just because you feel like giving an account to someone.
  11. Okay, so the answer you are looking for is a tad more complex than others may believe. I want to make sure you have a clear answer to reference.

Mojang says it is not allowed, but that's not at all enforced. However, their support system will do little to nothing to help you if this is how you obtain an account. So beware about that.

And here's why:
    Say there are two players. We'll call them Bob and Tim. Well Bob has an extra account and he gives it to Tim to play. He changes the account details into Tim's email and gives Tim the information so that Tim may change the password and go from there.

Later on, Tim loses his password and can't think of what email he used. He contacts customer support through Mojang. Support tells him that they can't help because they can't release sensitive information, this being the email address, without proof that the account is his. For this proof, they ask for Tim to send him the purchase confirmation from when the account was bought. They then reset the information to BOB's email because Bob was the one that purchased the account in the first place and what it is registered to. Tim now has to contact Bob, but Bob is no longer in communication with Tim. Tim loses 'his' account forever.

There is a reason that Mojang does this. There are hackers out there. These hackers will gain access to your account if your password security is terrible or is compromised. They can then change those email details to whatever they wish. Mojang support is only focused on helping the original purchaser of an account reclaim their data. If you didn't purchase through them, then tough cookies is basically what they'll say if this happens to you. I've seen far too much of it.

So what about EMC?
    On EMC I'm not going to know if you bought an account or are using one that someone sent you. However, if someone other than you has the ability to lock you out of your account, then they have the ability to log in with those details and destroy your items on EMC as well. If the hacker in this case were to for some reason log into EMC, see that the account already had a plot, and sell all your stuff. Well, I can't help you really because there isn't much proof on our side of who is who. We can lock down the account until it is secured. That's about it.

Now....about the resets.
    We have the ability to purge an account. This is usually used for players that have been given a chance after a ban on the server. You start like a new player starts, in the tutorial and all. This DOES NOT reset your vote bonus. That is a feature that we do NOT have the ability to do without direct access to the database logs, which I don't have. ONLY AIKAR has this and he does not reset bonuses unless absolutely necessary, because it's tedious and he's got things to code.

I hope that this cleared some answers up for you. It's nice and all to offer your account to another player (free of charge because the SALE of it on EMC is strictly prohibited), but they need to know the risks.

Please message me on the forums if you have any further questions.
  12. Maybe the new account owners would want to have a fresh start, some may not but either way Shel was trying to help him out in case he did want to do that since he didn't specify....
    NuclearBobomb likes this.
  13. It's 100% clear from OP that the "new" account owner already plays on EMC. /thread
  14. Maybe the new account owner stills wants a fresh start on the account that is being given
    This isnt your thread who are you to say what is and isn't helpful? I didn't see you asking about it, and Shel was only trying to help and perhaps clear some confusion
  15. Qkazooo likes this.
  16. I'm not the one being rude about others trying ti help

17. Damn you got me.
    Qkazooo and NuclearBobomb like this.
  18. I thought you had left.
  19. Then what're you doin
    Merek_Shadower likes this.