Adults on EMC

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mob_Meal, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Well, after spending some time reading all of this, I guess its my turn. I just turned 40 this year. I started like most my age, atari and nes. In the 10th grade I started playing my first computer games on a 386. Sid Miers Civ, Simcity, Leisure Suit Larry, and a few others like that. After I joined the Army, I started playing games like age of epires online and direct dialup with other people in my unit. Command and Conquer Red Alert got a good bit of my time as well. Then came Diablo. I then found my first MMO that would consume my time for years, yes Evercrack (everquest) for those that never played it. After that I went to wow played that for a few years. Never Winter Nights also got introduced to me and I still play on a server call Torr from time to time. I got introduced to minecraft by a group of my buddies that were in the Airforce Reserves with me. I downloaded it for free, it was free at one point, played on their server for a little bit then quit. Played single player some, but wanted that server game. So I went looking for a server to play on, and after a few tries found EMC and have been here ever since. I have left and come back over the last 5 years, but always come back to EMC. I love it here and will never go to anther server. I do spend a lot of time watching youtube videos to learn how to make a lot of stuff.

And as Paul Harvey would say "The rest of the story"
    TomvanWijnen, 607, iamcavie and 2 others like this.
  2. lol, we are way off topic... I owned a black 1987 version. I put an Edelbrock racing header kit on it, got a chip for it and put 353 rear end gears in the thing. Got quarter mile down to 10.4/10.5 seconds with no nitro.

Well I'm to old to put to many labels on people and as I grow older in ways age becomes less of a difference as much as how people act. I myself still have a young spirit and I like playing video games. I don't want to judge to much else I open myself up to being judged. Though I would have to say technically, you probably don't qualify quite yet based on the title, but its an open thread!

BTW, your post is really an update, you originally posted to this thread on page 1 or 2!
    synth_apparition, 607 and khixan like this.
  3. First, thanks for serving... Man did I love the original Sim City. I never like Civ much until III. Also, did you ever do the original Warcraft/Warcraft 2? I never got in to Evercrack, I did the Asherson's Call to Asheron's Call 2 to Wow deal... Diablo was a fun play. We did play some c&c but I was always bigger in to Starcraft and Age of Mythology. EMC is a good server and brings many good people together from around the world.
  4. OMG, Leisure Suit Larry! I had forgotten that one! rofl :D
    ThaKloned and Mob_Meal like this.
  5. so i guess i almost qualify for this thread. I will be 18 years "old" on August 16th. I grew up in a small city in Indiana and never was much for computers I mainly played Play station 2 mostly NASCAR on it. I do however remember when I was in early Elementary School working my but off for the New DS lite that came out my dad was obsessed with it (my dad is a super big computer "nerd". He knows a ton more then me. He's been messing with them since they came out pretty much) I saved up my money and got the DS and that was my first look into I guess "modern" gaming since I did have a Gameboy Advanced and loved to play the original mario on it and of course TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) (Also just checked still have that gameboy). I didn't play many video games untill about 7th grade when I moved out to the country side in Indiana. I had always been a "city boy". Growing I always ran around town playing with friends until the street lights came on or hung out at each others house and played until parents called saying dinner or bedtime. I discovered Minecraft around December of 2013. I was bored on YouTube out of ideas to watch on stuff and remembered something that a friend had showed me a few years earlier on his computer at his house. At first I couldn't remember the name of the game.... then it just popped into my head. I youtube searched minecraft and the first thing that popped up was Paul Soares Jr. How to survive and Thrive series. I ended up binge watching the whole series up to the current episodes then kept up to date with the out coming episodes. I didn't have enough money to buy the game but I played this one version of it on the website it was like the free demo version or something it resembles almost an alpha version of it. I knew I was going to be addicted to it as soon as I started playing it. I continued to watch all kinds of series on it up until about memorial day weekend 2014. My family went camping and my sister just had to get something from the gift shop. I didn't want anything from the gift shop so my parents agreed to buy my Minecraft since i had been dying to get it since the start of the year / end of december. So we got home and the first thing i did was buy Minecraft. I played it all night and a day or two later I discovered servers and found EMC on a webpage for top economy servers and I've been hooked on EMC and MC since.
    TomvanWijnen and mjnoe70 like this.
  6. Big thanks to CARZOMG for commenting and thus bumping and reviving this thread! It never ceases to amaze me how many adults are here on EMC. Thank you all for contributing and keeping this thread alive!
    jossytheninja and mjnoe70 like this.
  7. That's truly frightening! :D

I couldn't read most of your post, as it is a big block of text. If you want people to be able to read what you write, I'd recommend using the 'Return' or 'Enter' key whenever appropriate.
    This line caught my eye, though. How can you play 'the original mario' on a Game Boy Advance? I didn't think any remakes of the game got released for that system... and I doubt you've got an NES emulator on GBA, as those seem to be quite rare.
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  8. mIRC... the early days of file sharing. I remember going into a room and having to wait in queue of 40 people to download 1 of 30 rar files and that was just part 1 of the movie :D These kids have it so easy now :p
    Mob_Meal likes this.
  9. You're all so oooold
    Jkjk I'll be 18 in 16 months and am already working and all that I'll be quiet.

....you guys are still old but great stories! And I love you all anyway! <3 :p
    CARZOMG, mjnoe70 and 607 like this.
  10. Huh, I had estimated you to be in your mid twenties. :p
  11. I am a sneaky chameleon. Who is 16. Hehe
    607 likes this.
  12. Can you morph into a wrinkled skin and look 60? :)
    TomvanWijnen likes this.