Admins

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by LLSKYWALKER, Feb 8, 2017.

1. I have a question for you guys, does this server have active admins who control bad language if so please confirm. I know you guys mention it in the tutorial but I just want to double check for my little sister.

Thanks,
    LLskywalker
  2. I believe there are programs that block certain words, not a physical person.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. There are certain words that are blocked, and this is not a concern for the admins. Moderators are more the ones who handle, and they are able to see chat without being on the server. Also if the language is bad and they continue someone can report them, and the usual result of bad language is a chat Mute.
    ShelLuser and Equinox_Boss like this.
  4. There's a chat filter in place, but if someone bypasses it somehow or finds an offensive word that isn't blocked, use /report (playername) (reason) :) A moderator will help you as soon as possible. But in general, most swears are blocked.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. We are officially EMC, not PG. I forgot what EMC stands for but that is our maturity rating.

EDIT: Extremely Mild Chat. Def a forced acronym but it works. :p
    Unoski, gladranger7 and kaptrix like this.
  6. yeah its good for the most part... they are a few people who are friends with mods so they simply say whatever but for the most part your good.
    Equinox_Boss and ShelLuser like this.
  7. Apart what has been said above there's also something else: the community itself. Now, obviously not always perfect because we all like goof every once in a while but generally speaking it's safe to say that whenever someone really steps out of line the community will pretty much always react by /report'ing them. Affectively alerting the staff to their behavior so that they can step in (if required).

In general I think EMC is a good place for little children. Certain (more adult) topics are a major no no here because they simply have no place here.

However... Please keep well in mind that chat filters and even active staff members only go so far. Sometimes people goof and that can result in chat and comments which may be appropriate (or appreciated) by some and not by others. No chat filter or anything is going to change that.

But I can honestly say from my past 2 years experience on the Empire that chat in general is quite innocent and also very well suited for younger children. Fun fact: I know of some underaged players who can't even fully read and who are still enjoying this server from time to time (with their parents keeping an eye out for them of course).

But you may want to be careful around SMP8 :D

(it's a little bit of a jest, but also has some truth to it, see this thread).
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. It's a nice way of saying PG.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. But OfFicallY
    Unoski likes this.
  10. *a cheesy/overly extra way of saying PG
    Equinox_Boss likes this.