Addiction and Minecraft

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by AdinD, Feb 21, 2017.

1. So I quit Minecraft around 2014 and started playing CSGO. I quit CSGO around the summer of 2016 for League Of Legends. A few days ago I booted up Minecraft for the first time in a few years and started playing again. I've never had any problems with addiction for any other game afaik.

After I played Minecraft again it's all I can think about. I don't even have true fun when playing it but for some reason I can't get my mind off of it and during school/work I find myself zoning out thinking about how much I want to be playing.

Does anyone else have this problem? If you've solved it how did you do it?

E: when I played CSGO I played ~3000 hours in the course of 1.5 years. When I played League I played ~1200 hours in 1/2 a year. I had between a 3-3.9 GPA during these times.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. I personally just focus on other things and don't really get addicted to games. I'm not exactly sure how you can fix your problem, but you can look some stuff up.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. I feel what you're going through. I had some similar problems myself. Especially with league. The best way to overcome any addiction is to find something else that is meaningful and have that replace your addiction. Whether you are president of a new club or you have a boy/girlfriend, those things may help you lessen the magnitude of your addiction.
  4. I think we are all addicted to EMC and minecraft
    Scarmanzer and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. the worst thing you can do is quit minecraft again. time off of an addiction does NOT help. it makes you think about it even more. if you want to think about it less, try to occupy yourself with other things, or slowly adjust into playing minecraft less. you don't need to quit, but just adjust into a new schedule.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.