A SUPER [Turkey] Adventure in September??

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by RidgeBeam, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Last weekend Antimattermatt and I set out to find some treasure within a woodlands adventure map and found something, much different!

We heard gobbling from 8 chunks away... we thought to ourselves, no way a super turkey survived from last Thanksgiving event!!

We went a-huntin' for that Gobling' thinking it would be hilarious if a Super-Turkey survived for nearly a year without being despawned, hunted down, or killed already.

We found the super-turkey underground... in a cave... well hidden from your average top-side adventurer:

The Turkey glared at us with an inquisitive look; are we in the wrong for being in its lair?

The lair of the Super-Turkey was found extremely close to a underwater temple swarming with guardians ready to protect there kingdom at all cost. We contemplated raiding the temple... but miners fatigue was a real burden.

In-fact miners fatigue was a real factor in the destruction of our Super-Turkey foe; Using an ax or sword was slow and hardly effective. We equipped our powerful bows and took aim:

The Turkey acted as if it been prepared for months to shuffle off this mortal coil. It hardly moved and when it did... it positioned itself in a precarious spot with no escape other than the fiery release Antimattermatt and I were so poised to give it.

We had a good laugh and a great time running into this Super-Turkey in the Month of September and the year 2017. I wanted to share with the community the fun we had, and ask a question:

Have you found a super turkey well out of season? Was this a less rare sighting than Matt and I thought it might be?

None-the-less, we had a great time!
  2. I do know of people who have trapped some at their outposts but I don't think I have seen any "loose" ones. good catch :)

This makes me wanna go adventuring to see if there's any left in me and my friends old outpost xD
    FoxyRavenger and RidgeBeam like this.
  3. Awesome, Jossy! Let me know if you find any!!
  4. most epic story of a super chicken ever
  5. dat turk is ugleee
  6. There was one trapped in a protected area underground on smp4. However with that glitch that occurred earlier this year, its since vanished.
    RidgeBeam likes this.
  7. Interesting, AncientTower... I am glad our Turkey friend stuck around for the slaying it received from Matt and I!

We lived it, didn't we Matt! :)
  8. Updated: I found another Super Turkey... randomly, without seeing the message about "gobbling nearby". I was on my horse (dasher), in the wild... heading back from a long adventure... And I just ran right into another Super Turkey on (SMP 7) out in the vast /Wild N

Side note, on the way home... I was running on a long and narrow bridge to the protected area... on Dasher... he was so quick blocks didn't load as fast as we were moving... some blocks on the bridge were blown out... Dasher went into the drink... I panicked. I did all I could to save him...

Ultimately Dasher went down like Artax and I felt like Atreyu from The Never Ending Story. Sad.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.