A small announcement.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rhyblet, Nov 6, 2018.

1. A little bit of music to set the mood for this post. Feel free to listen to it before, while, or after you read this.

I know this technically isn't an introduction, but the description of this subforum says "Let everyone know who you are", and that's close enough to the subject of this thread for me.

Hello there. I'm Rhy, or Qwerty, or that one guy who changes his name every month or so and is decent at firefloor and is always bugging Krysyy about stairway. Most of you have probably seen me around once or twice, but that's not the point of this thread.

Way back in 2012, I got a Minecraft account for my 11th birthday. At this time, I was in sixth grade, and didn't have a whole lot of friends. However, my Minecraft account led me to discover a wonderful place known as Empire Minecraft, full of new people and unlimited potential. For quite a while, I would come home from school every day and get on, eager to interact with all these great people that I had met. Eventually, I began to form stronger and stronger friendships, and EMC began to supply me with the friends that real life hadn't. I felt at home here, and although it wasn't as good as real life friends, this server did me a world of good. I finally felt accepted somewhere, and although I didn't realize this at the time, EMC most likely prevented me from gaining any long-term issues that would have been caused by the loneliness that I would have had if I had not discovered you guys.

However, friends come and go. Most of my closest friends on EMC started to become less active, whether it be due to a loss of interest, real-life obligations, or because of promotions to the staff team which caused most of their in-game time to be devoted to being greenies. Regardless of the reason, the end result was that I began to lose ties to the server. Don't get me wrong, I still had lots of reasons to stay, but these lost ties began to build up to where we are now.

During the summer leading to my junior year of high school, my parents decided to stop limiting the amount of time I spent online. I honestly don't blame them for this decision, as it was very difficult for them to get me off of the computer when my "screen time" for the day was up. However, this had an unintended consequence: The thing that I most coveted was now available to me without limits, so of course, I took every opportunity I could get to come online. I would arrive home from school at 3, play on EMC for hours on end, only stopping to eat dinner and get snacks every now and then, and eventually force myself to get off of the computer to do my homework, typically way later than I should have.

This delay to the start of my homework time began to have severe impacts on my life. One of my many personality quirks is that I force myself to finish all of my homework, regardless of how much sleep I lose because of it. Because the amount of time I was going to spend doing homework each night was fixed, the extra time that I spent online came directly out of my sleep that night. I began to get less and less sleep; during freshman year, I averaged around 9 hours a night, which fell to 8 sophomore year, then to 7 in my junior year, and in what I've had so far of my senior year, this number has fallen to around 5.5 hours a night, which just isn't healthy, no matter how you look at it. I've been trying to force myself to start homework earlier, but no matter what I try, I just can't seem to do it.

Back to talking about EMC. As I've gotten older, I've had lots of time to evaluate what's important in my life. Sure, games are great, but at the end of the day, there are so many things that are more important. I'm sad to say that it took me this long to realize what is truly valuable in this world, but I'm just thankful that I eventually realized my priorities, and I think that I can truthfully say that EMC is no longer one of them. I am so thankful that you guys have given me a safe haven that I could turn to when I needed it the most, and that I have had this safety net for over a third of my life. Sometime within the next few days, I'm going to redeem one of my permanent derelict vouchers so that I'll have something to come back to if I ever need it again, but I will be discontinuing the gold supportership that I have had for around five years.

Now, for some house cleaning. I don't know what I'm going to do with my money or promos, but I know for sure that I won't be doing a drop party, giveaway, or anything of that sort. I might auction everything off and give the money away in a similar way that Equable has been, I might keep them, or I might give them away to some of my few close friends that still play; I haven't decided yet. I'm going to finish up this round of The First Loser, at which point I know 607 was planning to host a round. After his round, who knows? I may host a few more or I may not, we'll have to see. I'm not going to be active in-game any more, with the exception of hopping on for some of the larger events, but I've been doing this for a while now, so this isn't anything new. I don't know how my activity on the forums is going to change, and I'll remain in the EMC discord channel; not actively, but if you ping me, I will notice and get back to you within a day or two.

Now, of course, for some shoutouts:
    • First and foremost, Dufne. I'm not going to go into detail here, but you have easily been the best friend that I have ever had, both inside and outside of EMC. You know how I feel about you. <3
    • 8comimi, jacob5089, AverageWalrus, Hashhog, and AmusedStew. We had some great times together, and I think each and every one of you for taking the time to get to know me. You guys are the greatest.
    • To all the EMC staff, you guys have put up with so much from me over the years. Thank you for giving me countless warning kicks and for doing everything that you do for EMC.
    • To all of the people in Moople's art discord, you guys have allowed a new side of myself to blossom, and quite frankly, I never expected the love and support that you guys have shown me, both for my art and for the countless other parts of my life that I have shared with you.
    • To the countless people who I have had the pleasure of meeting over the years. There are so many of you that I couldn't even begin to come close to naming you all; just know that each and every one has contributed something to my life and that each and every one of you has touched me in some way.
    • To the entirety of EMC. There is no way I would have stuck around this long without this beautiful community, and all of you help contribute to the success of the server.
    Thank you for allowing me to stay as long as you did. You were with me in the time of my life when I needed it the most, and I will never forget this place or you people.
    ~Michael

tl;dr: I know long posts can be intimidating, but please take the time to read this. This is quite possibly the most important post that I ever have or ever will make here, so I would appreciate if you took a moment out of your busy lives to hear my story. Part of my soul has been left in this post, so please treat it as you would want your own to be treated.
  2. I took the time to read everything....

ugh, painful. Good luck out there - if you ever need anything I'm just a discord dm away
    top_benny, Kabloofne, Hashhog and 6 others like this.
  3. Aww, I respect your decision, Rhy. I'm glad that you are prioritizing real life, and I hope everything there works out well for you! :)

I've enjoyed chatting with you and seeing your art on my discord server, and I hope you'll still pop in and keep us updated. You're always welcome to message me on discord :D

Best of luck to you as you move on from EMC. Gonna miss ya <3 (make sure to poke at Krysyy about Stairway or something every once in a while! ;))

Kabloofne, 607, FadedMartian and 4 others like this.
  4. Aw, I feel like you took a part of me with you. I felt the same way about the game before the Survival 2.0 release on EMC. Of course, once it was released, my tone changed and got me back into the game. I'm very sad to see you go. You do have a point about growing up, and I agree with you in that regards. We're all going to get there sooner or later, some just get there quicker than others.

I'm sure a lot of people are going to miss you! I really hope that you visit us in game sometime! I also hope to see you occasionally on the forums and/or the EMC Discord! :)
    Kabloofne, Harp4Christ, Elite and 2 others like this.
  5. Aww.. We'll miss ya!! I hope things work out for you!
    607, Kabloofne, Elite and 3 others like this.
  6. My little loaf of rhy bread,

Good luck in whatever shows up along your futuristic road. I think the most important thing that you pointed out is - this is a game - your endeavors and goals should always come first, and make that your priority to strive for them. However, hold onto those memories, as they will build upon who you will become.

Above all though, come back soon :)

P.S) I went away for over 2 years to find myself, start dating, working a job, etc, and getting away from my computer - Which I was glued to for years and years. After my last breakup, I ended up coming back to EMC. It was one of those things that comforted me in the past, and helped me move forward again. So if it's any consolation, the doors are always open to welcome you back.
    607, Kabloofne, jacob5089 and 4 others like this.
  7. Dude, between this and the Life Changes writings thread being posted (which I haven't replied to yet, but planning to soon), EMC is hitting me hard with the feels. By the way, you managed to add another song to my playlist, so congrats on that as well.

I know I speak for many people here when I say that you've been a bright light in this server over the years. I hope you continue to come around occasionally, even if just for events as you claim, since I would truly miss seeing you. However, I acknowledge that you need to put your irl priorities first right now, and I respect that choice. You need to do whatever you need to do in order to take care of yourself.

Best wishes to you. It's been a pleasure and privilege getting to know you, Rhy.
    607, Kabloofne, Elite and 6 others like this.
  8. Maaan... way to make me feel mushy and emotional. It's never been a dull moment with you around and you're pretty cool! You're definitely gonna be missed by many, Rhy. Hopefully we will still see you around, even if it's only occasionally for those events, or just an occasional pop in to update us on how things've been. But, y'know, even if not, real life comes first and you gotta take care yourself! Gotta do what's best for you, 'cause it's important and you come first in your life! We'll always be rooting for ya, and we'll miss you, dude. And maybe when things calm down, or just whenever you have time, we'll see you again a little more. You'll always have a place around here regardless! Take care, alright?

9. Good luck in the future. Farewell, Firefloor king.
    Kabloofne and Elite like this.
  10. Posts like these make me feel so many emotions that is hard to express them all. Rhy, you've been an integral part of the community that I've interacted with for a long time now. You never seem to miss any of my events so I've had the privilege of watching you grow up and to see glimpses into the person you will be in the future. I cannot express enough what that means and the impact that has on me, as I see you mature and take the next steps in life. It's strange to say, but I'm so proud of you!

Of course I'll miss you, and I hope you come back to visit. I still plan on making that stairway event now that my own life has settled down more. You know you can't miss that! ;) Until then, catch me in pm. I'd love to hear how you're doing from time to time.
    607, Sefl51, Kabloofne and 6 others like this.
  11. You're a legend. Make sure you stay that way in real life as well.
    607, Sefl51, Kabloofne and 3 others like this.
  12. My dood Rhy... I am going to miss you ton, but I applaud your decision as RL is always first.

Come say hi every once in a while!<3
    607, Sefl51, Elite and 3 others like this.
  13. The song ran out just as I finished. It's sad to see an EMC veteran leave, but I wish you well with all your IRL stuff.
    607, Elite, Kabloofne and 2 others like this.
  14. Slowly but surely we're all disappearing.

Have a good life, Rhy.

-Runder
    Sefl51, FadedMartian, Elite and 2 others like this.
  15. Ugh, this will feel fake to me... I am rewriting the first paragraph, as I had to refresh because of a YouTube bug, and forgot to back-up my post.

I was going to postpone this, as I am listening to SST, and would like to listen to your request. However, after skimming the replies, I decided to pause SST, and I will read it now.

Wow, the music lasted for exactly the duration of the post, minus the tl;dr! That's amazing! :eek:
    Thanks for the post. :) I do indeed think this might not change to much. Still, it hurts a little to see another Highest Posting Members list member have their status changed to inactive/banned (fortunately not the latter, in this case!). I'm glad we've now got a Discord server of our own, I wonder how that will go. :) And I will also try to check on Moople's Discord more often.

I'm not sure if this is appropriate, or understandable, but throughout all my experiences of and with you for the past... five and a half years, I really got to love you. <3

Now I'm going to write read the others' replies. :) (that mistake is so remarkable I wanted to leave it in, even though I noticed it before posting :rolleyes:)
    Elite, Kabloofne, Harp4Christ and 2 others like this.
  16. Thanks for all the support, guys. I really appreciate it.
    The_D1rt_Lord, 607, Sefl51 and 6 others like this.
  17. Sort of embarrising but this made me cry....

Rhy/mr bread/stairway 2k17 guy

im not really sure what to say, everytime i try to type something i start crying again

you will always be a friend, and one of the best parkourists i have ever met (21 minutes into typing this)

Story time i guess

One of are funnest moments was when we were on discord and my brother came up behind me and i told him to say hi to you, he said hi and asked what your name was, you responded asking the same, And then you asked him what my name was annnd he told you,

we had some good times, parkour, Mooses mansion which we never beat! and who could forget coming up with pun names with "rhy" in it, i think one of my favorite was probably "cRHYanberry as a thanksgiving name

Also when i drove through a town i think it was thats name was pronounced Rhy, when we were on vacation

As you can see im sad to see you go, but i understand why

you have been one of my best friends on EMC, (even though we were Event Nemisi hehe)

i dont remember exactly when we became friends but Im so glad we did

i might add more to this but since its been like 49 minutes since i started typing this i think il leave it here for now
    Hashhog, Kabloofne, 607 and 6 others like this.
  18. I will miss you a ton. You're a great fun person <3 Hit me anytime on steam or discord!
    Kabloofne, 607, JohnKid and 2 others like this.
  19. These threads really always bring out the best kinds of memories
    Kabloofne, 607 and Eviltoade like this.