A New Computer

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Crazy1080, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Ok, I got a 1% fragmentation having never defragged. Wheras the PC average is 13.61%
  2. Nobody said that macs dont keep fragmentation to a minimum. They DO fragment, which is our point. No such thing possible as a computer that does not fragment.
  3. My point is that we dont have to watch a load of blocks change colour. Apple has designed the OS and the format of the drive so that fragmentation is kept to a minimum. Failing this, when the relatively small amount of fragmented files do occur, the OS places them together for you.
    It just makes the process more efficient.
  4. I'm 42% fragmented
  5. Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  6. Watching blocks change color is the fun part. How does a system constantly doing a process instead of waiting to do it after it builds up make it more efficient?
    Mac way: *Leaf falls off of tree* OMG go rake that leaf!! *Does this millions of times*
    PC way: *Lets the leaves completely fall off the tree* Well, better go get rid of that pile! *Does it only once*
    Seems a lot more efficient to me to do it the PC way.
    Cchiarell6914 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  7. Mac way: Plants an evergreen tree so only a few leaves fall
    PC way: Plants a deciduous tree that sheds it's leaves every 2 seconds making the leaf blower take Aaaaages to clear them all

Mac way - Seems more efficiant
  8. PC Stands for:

Personal Computer!

So are macs so bad they aren't even considered a computer?

P.S I own a macbook
  9. So what you're saying is, Mac's don't do anything at all but PC's do but need cleaning up after it.
    Cchiarell6914 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  10. EDITED:

No, i'm saying that the OSX operating system is more efficient when allocating keys to data over the Windows operating system.
    The way in which data is spread over the harddrive makes adding new data more dynamic and saves time and effort searching for the parts of the file, when you could have all the parts of your file in one place.
  11. Lol.... Files become fragmented when you delete something off the disk - Not when it's assigned a key
  12. No, it's when the physical bytes on a drive are split into groups and separated from each other. A file is considered fragmented when more that 8 arrays of bytes are found to make up 1 file.
  13. Why does everyone think PCs are equivalent to the end of the world? I use a PC that still runs Vista, and it works fine. I don't see what makes people hate PCs so much. I'm not saying I side with PCs; it can anger me sometimes. Call me shallow, but I honestly don't see why PCs are so bad, and vice-versa. They're both just computers at the core.
  14. I agree, in terms of specs macs can be frustrating. PErsonally I will always be a 'mac person' as they are just better looking machines! Also the software I use for things outside gaming are mainly mac based, such as Logic.
    Also theres the whole 'iPod, iPhone, iPad, Mac' integration thing.

If a company made a good looking PC, I would consider getting one.
  15. If you wanted an amazing looking PC case look at the NZXT phantom in white, Looks beautiful!

Cchiarell6914 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  16. You do make a point here. Looks aren't as much important as the speed, connectivity, etc. of the computer, but looks do play a percentage in the overall marketing.
  17. It doesnt take a genius to figure out that if you are going to compare two things that you use similar control groups. If Macs are so fast, why dont engineers with "infinite" company budgets use them? Exactly, they arent faster, and you can barely do anything with them. Companies are all about efficiency, yet all normal companies use Windows. Why? Because you can do ANYTHING on a PC. Please tell me, what exactly makes a Mac better than a PC?
    Cchiarell6914 and RED_Spy1 like this.
  18. They look pretty apparently! However i'd take the NZXT phantom case over a mac any day.
    Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  19. Jeanzl2000 likes this.