A Letter to the Community Regarding Reporting Players

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Krysyy, May 6, 2015.

1. *has had something like this personally happen to me before*
    Equinox_Boss and Luneyia like this.
  2. I feel that EMC is becoming very complicated and strict. Honestly, there's just too many rules now and everyone seems so uptight and get offended so easily, even in the forums. Like can't we take it back when we all actually enjoyed EMC??? And like everyone was friendly and they didn't ignore you???? like where did that all go???
  3. i was just thinking about this the other day! Totally agree!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Nice work, I was on the verge of making another one of my stupid rage suggestion threads about this :p
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  5. We all do enjoy EMC! I wouldn't be here if I wasn't enjoying it. I guess with age we tend to be a little more tedious for rules.
    {But we follow them for that reason}
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. I'm getting to old to reach that far, could I please just reach for a low branch of a tree. :p
  7. Its not much of a complex rule, they're just saying don't make fake reports or pointless ones. Something that was probably already a rule, but has been forgotton.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. No its not just this post, there's been so many other times that I hear from other players that the rules are getting too much. I even got in trouble for making one thread that I was advertising my promos, like that was really ridiculous and honestly, not a big deal. My first thread about selling stuff and it got taken down then put back up again, inconveniently. I wasn't threatening anything but the staff made it seem to be. Everything is just everywhere. I could make a huge rant about all this but I wont.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. I never had a problem with following rules, but being constantly nagged about it directly, its really getting to me. Its why some of my friends have left EMC
    ShelLuser and Equinox_Boss like this.
  10. If more people would use group chat, especially when they are having long conversations, I think there would be fewer reports and less drama. Just a suggestion.
  11. To be perfectly honest, I have had no issues with excessive banning. Probably because hardly anyone's on on smp1 anymore... =(
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. This happened to me and a few others recently. RainbowChin was dragged into smp5 for no apparent reason and had to waste their time with something that didn't matter.

I think some people are a little deluded when it comes to what is worth notifying the staff about, so it's good to have this thread here~
    ShelLuser and Equinox_Boss like this.
  13. I think a lot of people should follow this rule even though it isn't.

Be smart, do be stupid of being ignorant to others or the rules.

Only then everyone be friendly
    I don't report unless I see something wrong. I have a feeling it's the new members trying to figure out the system. What I mean by that is they are testing the server commands they can use. I used to do that myself when I was young but not anymore. Yes your right. This is important for everyone to see that /report is being abused and you should stop using it for the wrong purposes.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. omg is a cuss word? Lol. glad to see such great improvements it warms my heart :)
    Gawadrolt, clan23 and PenguinDJ like this.
  15. So honestly, I only really report blatant disregard of the rules and not every little person for what they.. I also tend not to do the peer pressure report thingy ("report so&so because I don't like them" or whatever) unless I see a blatant disregard. It doing so, I also tend not to advert that I am reporting people.. :oops:
    crystaldragon13, highlancer54 and 607 like this.
  16. I think Krssy is right, after all, she is a manger with great ideas:D Love y'all Kryysy!
  17. I'm sorry you're feeling that way but I must disagree. Not only do I enjoy EMC .. I love it here! :D I looked and looked for a place I could come to and play mc without all the 'garbage' (cussing, spamming/caps constantly, griefing, being harassed, etc). The rules are there to help remind us of some boundaries and to keep it as safe as possible for all involved. It's a family friendly server. How Great & Awesome is that!!? Families get to enjoy mc together, meet and make new friends from all over the world. The staff is just wonderful and respectful of others no matter how young they may be or how many times they've answered the same question yet again.
    The rules are there to protect everyone just like any other community where the expectation is to respect each other and help those that don't know along the way. It's why I'm here and won't be leaving. It's not like new ones are added constantly. I know I've been guilty of a few infractions of my own :oops: because I may have been in a bad mood atm and used some bad judgement or someone just pushed every one of my buttons one too many times. Yes, I was called on it and have no hard feelings for being reminded to just chill out. :confused: ... as for the ignoring .. I like so many others get tunnel vision when building or mining or sorting or they're out in the wild and can't see chat or [insert activity].

MrsWishes, I totally agree. There were a couple the other night doingf a kind of weird role playing. It was creeping me out and they were asked several times to get in their own chat(not only by me) both privately and in open chat. There was instructions sent as well. They just ignored the pleas and continued. I just ignored them.

RyugaXI, that is not true at all. Maybe you're getting on during a slow time, not sure when that would be. I almost always find friends on no matter when I log on. :) Omg! this is a long post!:eek: <-- the best face ever. :p
    607, clan23, MrsWishes and 1 other person like this.
  18. I'm a typical male. "What writing in the bottom left corner." :eek:;)
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  19. Some people apparently use it for cussing. Every word can become a cuss word, as long as it's more used in that context than in the original context. I'd name examples, but I'm not sure if that's allowed.
    ShelLuser and TheOlburgen like this.
  20. Maybe different timezones? I dunno. But whenever I'm on and I go to a different server, there're so many people there, and when I come back to smp1, 10 people tops. <sigh> No Minecraft Asian players, I guess.