A Day In The Life Of A Shyguy At Warped Tour

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ShyguytheGamer1, Jul 30, 2018.

?

Have you gone to warped tour at all?

Yes 1 vote(s) 50.0%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I'm Christian 1 vote(s) 50.0%
  1. As some may know, I like an archaic form of music called "Rock and Metal." Because there were 20 bands I liked on warped tour playing near me, I decided to go to warped. It was my first time. It would also be my last time because this is the final year for warped tour. Here are the bands I wanted to see originally:

Left Foot:
    Asking Alexandria
    Knuckle Puck
    Mayday Parade
    State Champs

Right Foot:
    Falling In Reverse
    The Maine
    Movements
    This Wild Life
    Tonight Alive

Mutant Red Dawn:
    The Amity Affliction
    Chelsea Grin
    Ice Nine Kills
    Silverstein

Mutant White Lightning:
    Crown The Empire
    Motionless In White
    Senses Fail

Owly.fm:
    As It Is
    Broadside
    Trash Boat
    Don Broco

I started off my day seeing This Wild Life. They were good, but then again how can you mess up acoustic music with simple percussion? Before TWL, I entered in the venue early and walked around merch tents. Mainly just for record searching and wristbanding. I got wristbanded for Jenna McDougal of Tonight Alive, Motionless In White, Movements, and Asking Alexandria. 3 of those were signings. I'll get to that later.

After leaving TWL like 20 minutes in, I ran to Red Dawn to wait 30 minutes to watch Silverstein play for 30 minutes. I am a HUGE Silverstein fan. And I got so up close, it was fantastic. Probably the best band I saw that day. 7 songs and it was the best setlist structure. Of course I had to deal with moshers, which weren't a problem per say, but what were a problem were crowdsurfers. They constantly get in the way of a concert so what I usually do is just throw them over the barrier by either their feet or their butt. That's a harsh reality of surfing in crowds. YOU GET TOUCHED.

After Silverstein i walked around more. I did have signings to get to but the lines were long. Eventually I did get to the signings. The first one I went to was Mayday Parade. The funny thing about this, I had to get a poster from Full Sail's tent, and wait in line to have them sign that. It had to be that specific poster. I met them, they signed it. Didn't think much of it. I went to have Movements sign a poster and a vinyl that I've wanted forever. Went to the rise record tent and rolled up my Mayday Parade poster inside of my Movements poster. I walked not even a foot, and my Mayday Parade poster just vanished. It slipped out of my other poster and it was gone forever. At that point, I wanted to die.

I thought I could make myself feel better by seeing Silverstein, because they had a signing. I head over to that tent, and they are gone and the line just vanished. I completely missed my chance to meet my favorite band. Yeah.

I don't remember exactly what I did afterwards. I think I went to see Asking Alexandria play, went over to the tents next to that stage, and met the lead singer of Knuckle Puck and got a selfie with him. While waiting in line to see MY GIRL JENNA, I listened to Mayday Parade from a distance. They were very good. And then Falling In Reverse came on. The first song that came on perfectly described me because the song was Just Like You. Look up the song and don't regret it. They were okay.

I met Jenna again, eventually. Again because I saw her personally already at a local record store the band was performing at. I chilled out in the reverse daycare parent tent which by the way SUCKED. I waited and I decided to get some food.

I had this on my bucket list: Eat food that an animal had do die for in front of the Peta 2 tent.

So I get some chicken fingers and head over to Peta. I just stand in front of the tent, and start devouring chicken. The girl working at the tent just looked at me with a smile, but I knew exactly what she was thinking. "Okay kid, I know what you are. You serial killer." Okay, probably not. I finish the chicken tenders and fries, and then later I got to the tent. I go to the same exact girl and say, I wanna be vegan. She gave me everything, a pamphlet, stickers, vegan jerky, and a whole speech on how murder is bad.

I met Asking Alexandria. I had nothing for them to sign so I just say hi to them. lol.

While walking around I heard snippets of Knuckle Puck, The Maine, Ice Nine Kills minus Spencer, Senses Fail, Trash Boat, and Movements. I don't know exactly when but I've heard them play. I did stay in the crowd for Ice Nine Kills and Senses Fail. Everything else was just walking.

After AA's signing, I wanted to go to the VIP area where I could just sit. But, of course, Broadside had to play at Owly.fm. So I go see them, again. Again because Silverstein. And they were really good. The crowd was full enough to be enjoyable and empty enough that I could get to the front. Fun!

After Broadside, I head to the VIP area and meet Awsten of Waterparks and get a selfie with that weird dude. After I spend an hour sitting down, I head to to Chelsea Grin. They split the venue in half. That was fun though. Afterwards I had a problem.

Motionless In White, Tonight Alive, and As It Is were playing, virtually at the same time. So I decided to stay for a bit at Motionless in White, left during the start of Abigail which I deeply regret, and went to As It Is for their whole set. Motionless In White was excellent, but As it Is. OH BOY THEY WERE FIRE. Probably the most energetic and most fun to watch but still pails in comparison to Silverstein, so they were second best.

After that I waited on the side of the stage for As It Is again but just for a picture. They couldn't take a selfie but sure as hell we took a group picture.

After that I went to wait for Simple Plan, because they were closing it out, but while waiting 3OH!3 were playing. Simple plan comes on, we wait 5 minutes, then we leave.

I also met Anthony of This Wild Life advertising signed CDs for five bucks. I didn't meet Kevin.

TL;DR-'Twas fun. Ate chicken in front of Peta. Met many bands including Motionless In White without makeup. I wanted to die momentarily. It was hot and moist. I got Arby's afterwards.
    _BRZ likes this.