A Concrete Question

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by M4ster_M1ner, Jun 24, 2017.

?

I plan to ... (read the text please)

Poll closed Jul 22, 2017.
produce concrete at competitive prices and supply shops 6 vote(s) 33.3%
buy concrete in the shops 3 vote(s) 16.7%
produce concrete in-place when building 7 vote(s) 38.9%
mix ingredients and produce concrete myswlf when building 14 vote(s) 77.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Producing concrete is quite expensive, at last because Efficiency V + Haste II is not enough powerful to break it instantly.

Depending on the type of the construction, it might be better to build with concrete powder and then to turn it into concrete in-place, possibly after the construction is checked to meet the requirements.

Given that, it might be better not to stock concrete in the shops and to stock more sand, gravel and dyes instead.

Before I decide whether to add chest-shops for all concrete colors to my shop I'd like to hear your opinion.

Thanks!
  2. When I'm building something using concrete, I would try to harden the powder all much as I can. The only times I would pre-harden/solidify concrete is if I'm building a ceiling (concrete powder falls) or in the Nether (water cannot be placed).

Plan how you'll use concrete before building.
    607 and M4ster_M1ner like this.
  3. I might have a machine that can automate the process for powder to concrete so it's faster. Will explain more I game later.
  4. With a machine that pours water over the powder, you still have to place the powder and mine the concrete.

What would be the price per stack of concrete?
    ArkWarrior1, ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  5. I would say stock concrete powder as opposed to the block itself, for both the reason you stated and the fact that some people *coughcoughmecoughcough* may prefer building with the powder itself.
    M4ster_M1ner and ShelLuser like this.
  6. First of all: awesome thread M1ner! :cool:

I personally prefer to make concrete powder, take that with me and then make concrete on-site. And because I really enjoy concrete I decided to reserve a shulker box for it, so that I always have everything I need with me (I keep it in my ender chest next to my redstone toolbox and my regular toolbox). It contains several stacks of concrete powder in specific colors, together with 2 buckets of water.

Note that I'm not exactly the greatest builder, but I like having to set it all up, sometimes even needing some scaffolding (dirt?), and then pouring water over it.

PS: A nice quick way to make concrete blocks ahead is to use an infinite water source (3 blocks of water next to each other), keep a fast / good pickaxe in your main hand and a stack of concrete powder in your off hand. Place (in the middle), break and you pick it up while the water regenerates. Place, break, pickup. Place, break pickup. And keep doing that.
    M4ster_M1ner and 607 like this.
  7. Personally I think it would be better/faster to build a dirt level... then concrete powder over that... add water... remove dirt. Presto Ceiling.
    M4ster_M1ner and ForeverMaster like this.
  8. Good thread, I would say sell a selection so to keep prices low sell it as sand, gravel, dye,s, but for lazy pPl sell the colour con powders at a premium price and a small quantity of con blocks at a higher price to reflect the effort involved. Then monitor how it sells and adjust as required
    M4ster_M1ner likes this.
  9. Now we just need a red stone concrete mixer
    M4ster_M1ner, jacob5089 and ShelLuser like this.
  10. What do you mean? Like something that crafts concrete powder?
    M4ster_M1ner and Silken_thread like this.
  11. Yes
    M4ster_M1ner likes this.