A belated and pyrrhic introduction

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Test0A, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Hi there, welcome to my introduction thread! I realize this is both a bit late (I've been with the server for about a week now) and pyrrhic (I can't play at the moment due to hardware cooling issues). I look forward to returning soon, though, so I'll carry through all the same.

I walked into Empire Minecraft by chance, and I'm glad I did! I have found pleasant and helpful company among staff and players such as derp_duckie, TomvanWijnen, and GreenRaccoon. They have also shown greater visions and ambitions than me, who is content to live in a shack surrounded by mobs, and explore in search of treasure and adventure.

Before I got into Minecraft so much, I briefly made audiobooks ...

and Garry's Mod / gmod shorts ...

and was even working on an RPG Maker 2003 rpg, about a ninja who seeks his way home ... but the loss of his friends and safety have taken a toll on his sanity. Not everything in his world is as it seems, and yet there's much to explore in a nonlinear fashion.

All of these projects have taken a pause so I can focus on school (and Minecraft), and I look forward to resuming them soon.

I also have a Steam account, and many fun little online multiplayer games like Duck Game, Ultimate Chicken Horse, and Blockstorm.
    https://www.steamcommunity.com/id/bechstein/

I hope you enjoy these samples, and I look forward to positive interactions with you in the near future.
    Thanks for reading. I'll see you around.
    - Bechstein

PS: If you're not sure how to pronounce my name, "Beck" works just fine.
  2. Welcome to EMC! If you need anything just ask :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Ah, thank you. Can you tell me .... WHERE'S JOKER!?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Hey! Welcome and don’t worry about the “late” introductory! (I made mine 2 years after joining)
    Equinox_Boss and Bechstein_ like this.
  5. Welcome to the forums!!
  6. Welcome to the Empire... And don't worry... Many make their intro post months after starting here :)

Yours is quick!
    Equinox_Boss, 607 and Bechstein_ like this.
  7. Welcome to the Empire Minecraft. :)
  8. Welcome to EMC! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. You can also find heaps of information on the wiki.

* I’ve been here for over 1000 days and I’ve still not gotten around to making an intro, don’t worry. *

Have fun! 🍪
  9. Welcome! If you need anything I'm on smp7.
  10. Welcome to emc!! Hope your computer issues are fixed soon!!
    (I still haven't made an intro thread lol)
    Tuqueque, Equinox_Boss and Bechstein_ like this.
  11. Ay, thanks everyone, and it's good to know I'm in good company! So good! And great. Great and good. Grood!

I apologize if the writing style and content of the intro post left you thinking I'm uptight. Recent events (including the hardware issue) and my current studies (forensic psychology, focus on repeat offenders atm) have put me in a somewhat stoic mood. I really don't take myself so seriously, somewhat evident in these media. In retrospect, I feel I should have initially shared these instead. They also show I like working with Skyrim guards. Hope you enjoy and warm wishes for the week.

Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  12. I'm not sure why nobody else mentioned this...
    but that reading is really good!! :)
    Welcome to the Empire!
  13. Welcome to the forums! Awesome stuff!
    607 and Bechstein_ like this.
  14. Bechh! I can't believe I just found this thread aha.

From the little time I've know you, you've been one of my best friends and we've already talked for so many hours. Thank you thank you thank you for always sticking there for me and just listening to me quack. I really miss seeing you around smp1 and going on adventures and all sorts of cool things. Hope your computer fixes soon so I can teach you how to properly fly again.

And thank you for the mention on the OP! What an honour :D

Much lov,
    DEarper dduuckii
    607 and Bechstein_ like this.