Headline Of The Week [2019 AND BEFORE EDITION]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ArkonXT, Aug 5, 2019.

?

Do you read the news?

Yes, everyday 4 vote(s) 44.4%
Yeah, kinda 2 vote(s) 22.2%
absolutely not the media is a rabbit hole i refuse to go down 3 vote(s) 33.3%
  1. Hey there! Ark here.

So ever since i started school last year i've been reading the news tab on my devices a lot more now, and i've seen some ridiculous headlines. So i'm starting a thread to post and laugh at these weird news clippings.

I'll be doing a weekly post every Sunday (i hope...), but feel free to post all the weird headlines you've read during the week.

Here's some rules first before this thread gets taken down for offensive content (cough DEMONITIZED):

• EMC RULES APPLY. duh...
    • Please only post just the headlines, the actual story isn't important here ;)
    • You can post headlines related to politics, but it has to be a literal joke and not just something stupid they said that you find funny. I'd also prefer if you all left your debates to DMs on discord/forums and not in this chat. This is purely for fun.
    • Any news headline is fine, whether it's a photo of a newspaper, a screenshot of an online article, a tv picture, whatever.
    • QUOTE ALL THE MEMES
    On December 31st, i'm going to post a new thread for the 2020 year so we can "archive" this year's posts and make finding headlines easier. I'll post a link to the next thread when it is created and links will be available to this one after it "closes". This doesn't mean you have to post news headlines from only this year, it just makes sorting easier if this thread continues for a while.
    ONWARDS TO THE FIRST HEADLINE!
    CarFryer, Jelle68 and MoreMoople like this.
  2. Headline Of The Week 8/4/2019:
    This is why I never fly Spirit.

(Jalopnik article from a few days ago)

3. You're welcome :p
  4. HazardousCode and CarFryer like this.
  5. Headline of the Week 8/11/19
    Enter Sandcougar
  6. My teacher had us read the first recently, and in looking for it for y'all I found the second.

ArkonXT, CarFryer and AnonReturns like this.
  7. i forgot to post last week so i'm posting today and not tomorrow so i dont forget again lol

Headlines of the Week 8/24/19 and 8/17/19

This just sounds like that one scene from Austin Powers

In contrast to this being extremely canadian, somebody cut down a cable car wire in B.C.
    HazardousCode and CarFryer like this.
  8. Was not able to post recently, i'll see what i can dig up for next week ;)