6/7/2016 - Chest Issue

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Jun 7, 2016.

1. I killed a enderdragon at like 10:30 and i had 1 before that i killed we some of my friends and i the one i killed yesterday i now gone
  2. is now gone*
  3. Would I be okay to clean out and organize my vaults since player data wasn't affected?
  4. They said that vaults, items on your person and in ender chests were all safe, so you should be ok to clean.
    We3_Nub and WitherDoggie like this.
  5. Everything is stable now. The only things effected are in the past now. (You may change whatever you want now without risk)
    SirTah, We3_Nub and WitherDoggie like this.
  6. The only thing I've been told not to mess with (by staff) is the residence that was partly destroyed due to the rollback. I was told that there was the possibility that they could restore the residence. Also, thanks for the quick response. :)
  7. So basically even tho I hadn't been on, near, or done anything to my res in a couple days I should still prolly make the trek back to town or log on an alt to see if the region was loaded during the incident and check for anomalies anyways. Well guess I know what I'm doing tonight
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  8. If no one changed anything, then there shouldn't be any anomalies. I'd check if there are any other people with perms on your res that could have changed anything before taking the time to travel.
    607, We3_Nub and WyntyrRaevyn like this.
  9. Yeah that's why I said something. I've got a couple people with perms to use my farms since I hardly do. I'm not in town enough to make them worthwhile for personal use.And this makes a good reminder to go check later :p
    ShelLuser, We3_Nub and SirTah like this.
  10. I'm glad the only thing I'm missing is dcs of stone, and hours of mining them out, xD
  11. I lost 6 chests filled with items like diamonds, horses spawn eggs, other ores and gems, special banners, and lots more. Am I able to retrieve them back or are they gone forever? Also, all the work I did on my residence is gone and I spent so much time on it.
  12. Send details to pmss.emc.gs with estimated amounts and we'll work from there.
    607 and Eviltoade like this.
  13. For affected shop owners, would you query the transaction log and generate list of items that were lost and list of items that were duplicated due to restore? - And send automatically a PM with the list?

Only passive shop transactions,
    "Your player shop bought" => lost items and
    "Player shop sold" => duplicated items.

BTW, I think that, in the past, the transaction log was sometimes inconsistent regarding transaction type (if passive transaction of a shop or active transaction initiated by the player himself). Not sure if it still happens now.

Shop owners:
    you can check your rupee log for (passive) shop transactions
    between 2016-06-06 22:20 UTC and 2016-06-07 07:15 UTC.
    The times are not 100% exact because the backup time varies a bit per server and the time when the server was back online after restore is +/- 5 min I think.
    (Take care to correctly adjust for your time zone. You can check by comparing the displayed time in the log of a very recent transaction you know when it happened - or you make one and check.)

NB: The times displayed in the forum depend on if you're logged in or not, and on your browser and your operating system and the configured time zone. To see the rupee log you have to be logged in, but not necessarily to read the forum.
    Faithcaster likes this.
  14. We are having the shop owners contact pmss.emc.gs and we are working it out case by case. It's not really something a bot can handle and coding it would take longer than necessary.
    We3_Nub likes this.
  15. Coding of this is really simple and can be done in 1 hour.
    I can provide an example, but I'm quite sure Aikar knows how to do it any time of the day: SQL query -> php script / CURL -> forum.
    If help is needed there are people in the community who can provide it, including myself.
    I know that azoundria already has a part of the code to send PMs to members.

For most of the shop owners it is not easy to correctly identify and summarize the transactions - and for each of them the staff would need to do it by hand again, multiplying the needed effort overall.
    To leave some of the affected owners uninformed ... I think would leave an unpleasant taste.
    So guess it is better to invest that 1 hour, or even 2 if necessary and send people the list.
    The staff will then also have the list and can work with it - when the player responds to the PM in the forum.
    Perhaps it is wise to set a time limit for shop owners to respond, perhaps 1-2 months?
  16. We do not utilize auto-messaging on our forums and do not plan to. If you receive a message from a staff member, it's because they manually sent out that message, not because of some bot. In addition, some of these players are not on the forums and when you try to send messages to nonexistent players, the system doesn't like it. As a result, the only real way to notify all players effectively is with a broad message to contact us for help if affected.

We are working through everything major that is reported first, because it is time sensitive, especially the large builds. After that, we are working to develop a plan to handle the other issues, but will continue to handle each player individually at this time so that we can keep a hold on things and give each player the personal attention that they deserve.

We are making this problem very public and informing the players to contact staff for help if they require it. If you are a shop owner and you require assistance, then I advise you follow the same procedure I've stated before and send us a message at pmss.emc.gs so that we can work on your case. Every case is a little different and it's going to take a lot more than a simple list when working out the details. I assure you that the senior staff and I are working quickly and effectively to fix the issues as they are presented to us.
    We3_Nub, jkjkjk182, 607 and 2 others like this.
  17. plus most shop owners likely benefited from it, in that they sold items that was then returned to them.

the only ones that would be harmed is if players sold a lot of items or big ticket items to the shop
    We3_Nub likes this.
  18. I chose not to file a report to save SS's that time.

I got around 50 rupee pages from those hours and I simply hope that I gained as much as I lost :)
    We3_Nub and MrsWishes like this.
  19. That's true, only shops that buy stuff - like mine - potentially have loss.

There is an alternative solution: calculate the balance difference (sum) for the passive transactions and add "rollback balance adjustment".
    We3_Nub likes this.
  20. We'e handling each case individually based on items sold. If your shop has logs during this time, please contact Senior staff and myself at pmss.emc.gs and we can work to get things solved. :)
    We3_Nub and SirTah like this.