6/7/2016 - Chest Issue

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Because the extension of time was not noticed until this morning and by that time, there is other player data that would be wiped. Send a list of items lost to pmss.emc.gs and we'll take care of it.
    We3_Nub, jkjkjk182 and 607 like this.
  2. we will replace said items instead.

ultimately it was 4am and realllly tired, and thought we had restored the right time. so i had no ideas on what to try differently, and couldn't put more time into it.

but now its too late to then go overwrite the chunks yet again, and then everyone whos played since that period would lose their work creating new sets of problems and making calculating restores even harder.

It's unfortunate the mistakes were made, but short of not making either of the mistakes, I don't think a better solution could of been done.
  3. I've been down the road of trying to work post-surgery before. Not fun. Hang in there, Aikar.

Side note: Fate is smiling on me for once. I didn't even turn on my home computer yesterday.
  4. Note, that only regions that were modified around the update time got rolled back.

Sadly, a region compromises of a lot of chunks, so even if someone visted 5 res's down and didnt load your res, it could of loaded the region.

So, some will be affected , some wont. I made best effort to not restore backups of regions we knew had not been impacted (otherwise the Frontier would of really took a while!)
  5. Short of making an infallible roboclone of yourself, I don't think there's any way to avoid the occasional mistake here and there and ultimately, worse could have happened. I think the fact that you got on the problem right away despite not feeling well is super impressive and I (as well as others) appreciate it! I also appreciate that you and the other staff are willing to work to replace lost items and builds. :) I've been on servers where this happens and the response from admins etc was basically "sucks to be you," with no reparations made, so to me what you're doing is really going above and beyond what a lot of people would do.
    iamcavie and TomvanWijnen like this.
  6. Moment of silence for all of the stone slabs lost last night.

Also, can I replace Voters Gear that were lost due to this even though they were already replaced?
    jkjkjk182, 607 and medicohotpants like this.
  7. Yes, just send us details and we'll take care of it. These replacements won't count against the total because it's our end.
    We3_Nub, jkjkjk182 and 607 like this.
  8. Was this related to the site being down yesterday?
  9. So I'm clear on what items I may have lost, what time (EMC time) did we actually roll back to?
  10. Oh my gosh I'm missing so much stuff I can't even remember everything. I'm missing all of the progress I made on a tunnel I was widening as an underground base - two ~24x24x6 cubes of space. One had a safehouse hut with an enderchest, regular chest, and a wheat farm. I was still down there when I logged after I saw a "server update" announcement. Just logged back in and was insta-death due to suffocation. Lost my enchanted armor, weapons, and everything else. That's so disheartening, but I have no proof of anything.
    607 likes this.
  11. It appears to be a roll back to what would have been 9 hours instead of 1 hour.
    Looking about 5:35 pm EMC time.
    We3_Nub likes this.
  12. Try to remember all that you can and message us at pmss.emc.gs. We have some logs on our end that can help validate some things and we'd rather work to help replace things instead of arguing about proof, as long as the items are not high cost items.
    607 likes this.
  13. pmss.emc.gs
    607 likes this.
  14. Did the rollback affect items we had placed in a vault?
  15. Check your vault to see if everything is as you left it.
  16. vaults and player inventories, including ender chest were unaffected. only world data was affected (Chests, dispensers, etc)

but because we had to roll back the chunks to restore the data, that means builds and such got reverted too.
    607, The_Iron_Foxy, We3_Nub and 2 others like this.
  17. I'm trying to determine if this might have effected me. I logged off at about 11:30 PM EMC time or so last night. Should I be looking around for missing items?
  18. I believe so, yes.
  19. Yes, anything you changed after 5:35 pm emc time I would check.
  20. Ok I will look around then.