5 years, 9000 posts, 13000 likes later...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by synth_apparition, Feb 8, 2017.

1. I guess it's my fifth cake day here.

I didn't know what else to do for this.

I guess I'll do an AMA. It'll probably be my last one for a long time so if there's anything you want to ask me, go ahead. Aaaannnnyyyything you want.

Also ideas for what to do would be nice.
    khixan, 607, Silken_thread and 8 others like this.
  2. Would you give me all of your rupees? :p

I would ask what made you stay, but IIRC you don't actually get on often. (I may be wrong)

So, how's it going?
    607 likes this.
  3. Congratulations :) Very sweet!

But I am older than you :p
    synth_apparition and gladranger7 like this.
  4. do have a plan to get a life at some point?
    ESSELEM, BlinkyBinky and Qitro like this.
  5. Now I finally understand people telling me about how I'm a bit of a "youngster elite" :D But congratulations on 5 years, that's impressive Synth! Ha ha ha, I love it: everytime I start feeling old(er) (I'm reaching my 800 days) stuff always happens which make me realize that in the end I'm still a bit of a brookie :D And I love it! :)

AMA.... I'm going to cheat a little, I never do so now would be a good time :D

What kept you going all this time? And will we ever see a new release of one of those nice comics again?
    607 and synth_apparition like this.
  6. Congrats on 5 years Soul, welcome to the club.

Says the one that decided to start a fight on a happy thread? Lmao. Get out.
    607 likes this.
  7. If I had any to give, sure :p
    The community is what made me stay on the forums.

And no, I don't get on often. I've tried multiple times to get back into things, but there's nothing to really captivate me in-game.
    Life's pretty good.
    no
    I mean, I'm a living breathing human being, so I have that sorted. I've sat my GCSEs, I'm doing exceptionally well in my A Levels, I've got a pretty large good group of friends, and I'm in love with a very pretty girl.

I guess I should be the one asking you that :///
    Some degree of addiction that I broke about this time last year, pretty much. And also the fact that it was my only place to go express my thoughts/get away from school - now I have someone in my life who cares about them, will actually converse with me about them, wants to hear them, and always listens to me. And I do the same for her (way more than she does for me :p).

I cut my time down here which I thought would be extraordinarily difficult, and I kept telling myself 'it will just be two months of not as much EMC as I used to have, and then I can carry on as I used to'. The time came to raise my time here back up, and it actually just felt like a chore to do so. I decided to go talk to friends, spend time with my family, walk the dog, watch YouTube and TV, among other things instead. I realised I'd never be on EMC as much as before in August, and that's when I resigned from the Contribution Team (that wasn't the only factor in that decision, by the way).

I'm still here because... I don't know. I feel like I'm a part of it.
    ShelLuser, 607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  8. Congratulations on 5 years! So what is your fondest moment from when you were EMC?
  9. When I shut the website down for 24 hours because I could do that now.

/endjabatmissingword

I honestly don't know to be honest. Probably when me and a few other members formed a group together to express our opinions in early 2014. We thought that if we did something as a collective we wouldn't get banned for expressing something - only me and like one other did lol. After that happened criticism of EMC on EMC was a lot less restricted.

It also showed that a particular staff member wasn't as well liked as thought, which I guess gave the other staff a proper reason to get them demoted. It drove the community into two and many left to join another server, and many staff members also resigned and left with them. I don't even think that rift has healed yet.

I still think it's the biggest piece of drama we've had on EMC (so far, possibly ever), and it created more drama for me later on with other people in that same group who had problems with Krysyy, Aikar, and other staff members. I lost a few people who I thought were friends just because they would hate whoever was staff for as long as they weren't staff. Oh well.
    607, Silken_thread and Shadow_Dcord like this.
  10. ;)
    Silken_thread likes this.
  11. smh
    nfell2009 likes this.
  12. bumpy bumperoo boo
  13. Congrats on 5 years, 9,000+ posts, and 13,000+ likes.
    AMA: Who's your favorite brother duo. Chip & Dale, Zack & Cody, or Sam & Dean?
    As far as what you should do for your 5 year celebration. Maybe log in and send your head to everyone who has commented on this thread. :D
  14. CONGARTS on 5 years

1. Can I have a diamond supporter voucher for free?

2. Waffles or Panckaes

3.Milk or Dark Chocalate
  15. Zack and Cody.

I wasted hours of my life from the age of 5-10 watching Suit Life. And the Sprouse twins are still pretty cool, so there's that too.
    1. no
    2. Pancakes
    3. Dark Chocolate
    AncientTower likes this.
  16. Congratulations on 5 years Soul. :)
    synth_apparition likes this.
  17. I've decided everyone asking a question here will be entered into a draw thingy for my head.

It'll be the first one in existence. Feel speshul.
  18. Congratulations on 5 years of EMC! :D I hope to see you "around" for many more years to come. :)

Will you write more stuff (anything) on here? I always like reading whatever you write. :)
  19. Definitely. I write and draw something to unwind like, every Friday night. I'm hardly ever more than 80% pleased with what it is though and I try to make sure I really, really like what I put up and that I've proofread it a ton. I'll probably put one or two things up next week because I've got more time due to a week off.

And to give a response to this (I only just realised I missed it out completely...): it's very likely. I'm trying to find time to start consistently working on those and I'm planning on making a thread dedicated to them - without blog restrictions. Which means no tacked on story (the main reason why I only ever made two of those) to fit within SEO guidelines :D

The only writing will probably be background information on things that appear within them. I was trying to set up a thing with a group of zombie bandits called the 'Green Raiders' (name change incoming) in the last one I did and they'd show up after some build-up a few 'episodes' down the line. If I can do some lore building stuff I can skip that unnecessary 'oh yeah, they're a problem for Mouthless and Jeff because they keep stealing their stuff in the off-scene all the time'.

I've also now just decided to go write one of these up, so... :p
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.