[SUGGESTION] Make Empire Wiki Player Made!

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by BrickStrike, Aug 24, 2013.

?

Is this a good idea?

Poll closed Sep 7, 2013.
Yes! 2 vote(s) 66.7%
Yes, with some tweaking. 1 vote(s) 33.3%
Yes, but I don't like it. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Title says it all. Make the wiki player made. But, before whatever article you post there is seen by public eyes, it gets moderated (to make sure it's okay to have or whatever.) ;/ Tell me what you guys think about this pl0x.
    Jake_bagby likes this.
  2. What about if the staff have already made it all, like literally for every topic on EMC? :p :confused:
  3. Well... Brick would be pissed.
    Jake_bagby likes this.
  4. Well... as I am sure you could guess.. The staff as a group have already put MASSIVE amounts of time into the wiki... and we do not feel that we are even that close to done. However, there are only so many of us, adding a new duty, especially one as extensive as moderating a wiki, would eat into our time we use to keep the in game problems under control.

I mean, we would have to read every page, ensure it is formatted correctly, gave correct information and such, and then, we would also have to delete silly pages. We want the wiki to be a source of sure information... we want it to be a helpful place for the players. Not saying that our current player base would not be able to make such a wiki, just not in the sense that we are making one.

We are trying to make something that is easy for you, and especially newer players, to use and learn exactly what they want about the Empire in one spot, rather than sifting through different threads, in different sections. We put everything in one area.
    mba2012, AlexChance and Jake_bagby like this.
  5. The Wiki needs to keep a proper and communal format, which is really hard to do even with the staff team editing and creating. Allowing ALL players to submit pages would just be a mess and much more hard work. It needs to be more professional, informative and easy to browse than the Official Guides, but more easy to update and edit than the Guide, which it's replacing.

If there are player's that would help with it and could keep the format, they'd be invited though.
    mba2012, ISMOOCH and Jake_bagby like this.
  6. ... Well, just close this thread... I need to take a break...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.