2014 Labor Day Promo!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Aug 31, 2014.

1. I like this Laborday Promo, coz its one of the Unique Items, that is no a normal item upgraded, It is also out at the same time as the Canadian Laborday :p
  2. Thanks for the awesome promo! :D
  3. We can't buy it at /spawn? I wish we could... I really like the Labor Bench.
  4. Usually you can buy promos at /shop ;)
    607 likes this.
  5. Only ever managed to get hold of one 2013 Labor Day Bench, so I'm quite happy with getting the 2014 one now!

And I'm really happy you're warning new players not to sell it so quickly, I think too many have been exploited whenever new promos have been released :/
  6. What's wrong with SMP2?? :eek:
  7. its working now!
  8. jkjkjk182 and 607 like this.
  9. FYI the reboot last night sent out shop update, you can buy them for 15k.

We went triple the price of last year to not upset the balance of quantity in the economy, especially since the price will be affected regardless of shop price due to influx of free ones.
  10. Thank you for having it available until sunday, with school in the way some fellow players might not have been able to claim it other wise :)
  11. Honestly, I'm sad that this was added. The in-game "warning" about selling this item completely deters the new players from selling it AT ALL, even for a very, very good price. Telling us that we can't trade with a specific group of players infringes in the free-market aspect of EMC. I've said this in threads before, but when making a deal, it is the seller's responsibility of being happy with the price. So what if they are a new player? They should still be accountable for their financial decisions. This "protection" you are giving them will create an un-needed sense of financial fear among new players. They will think they are always being scammed and that they need to protect their promos with their lives.
    /rant
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  12. It's not as though it was added without being a direct result of anything. It had to be noted because unfortunately some members in the community were abusing new players as they joined in turn for profit. It might influence them to not sell - which I would argue isn't a bad thing anyway, because they can make up their mind when they become a bit more active and see the market for the items - but what would it say about our community when people simply message them for their ignorance? Nothing good.
    607, dresden72 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  13. I completly agree
  14. With the new player thing is it ok if u like warn them this is worth a lot more cuz I've said that before but now I think its rlly not nice to be almost targeting new players
  15. They should have a line on the starter signs explaining promos
    607 likes this.
  16. Yes, that's true. Like, explaining that everyone get's one for free and that you can often buy more at /shop. And that they will probably increase value over time so if they don't want to keep it for themselves they should probably wait until it gets more value, except when they need the money right away.