2 Survival Suggestions (compass & feature sign)

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ShelLuser, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Hi gang!

Right now I'm having a wonderful time in the wastelands exploring not one but two abandoned mineshafts which somehow managed to get mixed into each other. And during playing (and mining) I wondered...

/compass chest

I'm very happy that we can now lock chests in the wastelands as well, this really helps me to keep my spoils safe. And for only 500r... (assuming you remove the sign) That's what I get every day from voting anyway! The only problem many of us sometimes have: "Where did I leave that chest again?". Although mentioned in the rupee history it's not always easy to find in there.

So I'm wondering if we could get yet another compass target? /compass chest. This would point the compass to the closest lock sign which you made in your direct surroundings.

I have no idea if this would be possible since I don't even know for sure if the locations actually get stored somehow, but I figured I could always ask.

Preview signs outside town

Right now preview signs can only be used in town, but why not in the Wilderness as well? Since we can already lock signs, I think it would be useful to allow previews as well. This could be useful for storages as well as trading areas. Maybe won't be used too much, but with the growing appeal of the Frontier I think it would be nice to have a few more options to use.

All within reason of course, but considering the availability of the Locked sign I think the Preview sign wouldn't be too much intrusive.

As always, just my 2 cents here :)
  2. m9, these suggestions are of the highest quality
  3. I dont know, but sure
    crazyminerpete likes this.
  4. maybe they can make it so it would cost u tokens and not rupees? so u have 2 earn tokens 2 get some small perks in wilderness, i think that would be fun.
  5. What you did there, I see it ;)

Ok, so I'm still on topic :p I don't see why these shouldn't be a thing, unless they aren't possible :)
    Tuqueque and ShelLuser like this.
  6. +2

That's a +1 for both :)
  7. Well, sounds great! I don't even know what I could bring up as negatives! :p

But why would it have to cost money?
    I mean, preview chests are hardly a perk, as they don't really give yourself an advantage.
    I think it'd just be something fun that should be available as an option to whoever feels like using it. :)
    AyanamiKun likes this.

8. They get stored as i if you lock a chest and go to your Rupee history it shows the Cords of the locked chest, so they can make the compass point to the cords of the locked chest on the transaction.

Only issue, is if there are many (Say 20 Lockec Chests) in the same location (Or around within the same radius), what one would it point to?
  9. Setting your own compass targets sounds cool. If you're really desperate you can set a player note to store coordinates. :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  10. The closest thing I can see supporting is "last chest accessed"

Locked chests aren't stored in a queryable way (rupee logs), nor is that reliable as someone else may of locked the chest but granted you access.

We will see about something like that.
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  11. soz 4 late reaction...

tokens, not rupees. i think it would be cool if we could have small perks outside town which we could get with tokens. then u really need 2 earn stuff in the wild 2 be able to use stuff in the wild. so the more u play in the wild the more perks u might be able 2 get.
  12. I think it would be a good idea to write the smp number and world in the rupee log when locking and
    also add a separate table with locks
    <lock_id, smp, world, x, y, z, owner, timestamp>
    this way it would be possible to search for locks very fast and, besides /compass lock-sign, it would be possible to add a command for players that can query that table - like locks in vicinity, locks in last n days etc.

@Shell - reminder - better give each suggestion its own thread

Regarding preview signs outside of town, I'm also for shops outside of town, in frontier, end and even in wastelands - for temporary operations and events.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. I really think both things sould be going well, I don't see any negatives, and, how the chest one is made, I can't programm, I won't say it's dificult annymore...