[2 SUGGESTIONS] Buying and Renting Residences

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by kkirigaya_, Jul 14, 2013.

?

What do you think? (Please vote what you honestly think!)

Looks good! +2 5 vote(s) 21.7%
Meh. It's alright. +1 8 vote(s) 34.8%
Not bad, not good. +0 2 vote(s) 8.7%
Could be better. -1 2 vote(s) 8.7%
Simply awful. -2 6 vote(s) 26.1%
  1. But with the marlix, momentus, enranged mobs, ect., The wild is ALOT more dangerous now
  2. I love it, but 1 mill is simply too much lol
  3. I think time and effort are the two main things, money also being a important factor. This is why I don't run a megamall, for me it's too time and effort consuming, when I could be working on something much more important and exciting. Money isn't an issue for me but it can be for others (especially new players)
  4. If you don't want to fight them then run :p Also they are supposed to be pretty rare and so far I have only encountered enraged mobs which aren't that hard to deal with unless it's creepers (in that case, have a good bow and stay back) :p
  5. I don't disagree with the points you're making - it would be nearly impossible for free players to afford extra residences. To do so they'd have to work very hard, risk a great deal, and it would take a long time.

But what you seem to be missing is, that is exactly as it should be.

Keep in mind that the ability to claim additional residences for free is one of the major perks of Gold and Diamond. For this to be balanced, the cost needs to be prohibitive for non-supporters, and I'm saying that as one myself.
    Is 1 million too much? Yeah, quite possibly. Even 500k would be out of reach for most people. But the ones who are willing to commit to that kind of goal and work hard enough for it will get there. The ones who don't still have the option of going supporter and claiming plots that way.
    bloodra1n likes this.
  6. I'm noting the pro's and the con's in this post from now on.
    Please don't just downvote or upvote, explain what you are voting and why.

PRO'S OF BUYING A RESIDENCE FOR 1MIL

- A long term goal for both regulars and supporters
    - Possible 'rupee-drain'
    - The high price does not effect the supporters' get-more-res-perk
    -

CON'S OF BUYING A RESIDENCE FOR 1MIL

- 1Mil is out of reach for most players
    - It requires a lot of time and effort to get 1Mil.
    -

The high price is discussable at this point.
    Current suggestions vary between 500k and 1mil.
    Brickstrike suggested that the price could increase per extra residence.
    5chris100 and matthew12hydro like this.
  7. Enraged*
    More to the point... I have killed 3 enraged creepers at once >:)... With a carrot. :D Might have to used something better, like a potatoe, for momentus.
    That is all.
  8. You are 100% true, but it should at least seem POSSIBLE, or no one would actually try to get another residence
  9. Complaint about the price? That's why the price will probably be changed.
    bloodra1n likes this.
  10. Nope, I asked Jack about this recently and all moderators only get 4 reses, and all diamond supporter perks.
  11. I like this idea a lot, and I think it would be great to have this implemented along with having the ability to /res order. :p
    I think the price could be lower, but, the next time you buy a res, it adds on a half of the original price, so my second purchased res would cost 750k, and the third 1 mill. Just a thought :)
  12. Buying and Renting residences is already in the Residence Plugin (by default, JustinGuy/Aikar had to disable it). So it wouldn't take any extra coding, but It would be hard to use this because there are so many possibilities for problems.
    5chris100 likes this.
  13. Did you take voting daily into account?
  14. I mean 1,000,000 rupees seems like a lot but this is for another whole residence! All you have to do is put in the work which isn't that hard. If this was implemented that would be my goal because I have always wanted another res but I don't have money to become a supporter. It wouldn't take that long if you put effort in but a lot of people just are too lazy to do that and then complain that it's too hard. If you're not willing to put the work in, then you shouldn't get anything in return.
  15. That was brought up by Jack, and would take about 1,250 days, but that is still ALOT of days
  16. No, I questioned this before. Staff get residences according to their need of them.
  17. Krysyy and moose both have five...
  18. That's because they were moderators and claimed their fifth residence before the new moderator res cap was placed. :)