2 questions in 1

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by TheFryedmans, Sep 11, 2018.

1. 1 can u connect to emc in a older version like 1.7?

2 can you out bid your self?
    I mean like say I bid 5k and I want to bid 10k do I have to wait for someome else to bid?
  2. 1- No, you cannot.
    2- Yes, I believe you can, it does not reset the auction timer/ ending time (Someone correct me here--- I remember conversing with Krysyy about this, but not sure if it was only a suggestion thread or if it was one of the many new auction rules :p)
  3. I dont believe you can outbid your self. Same as you cannot have an ALT bid on the same auction.
  4. Wait... I hate answering a question with a question... BUT

Why do you want to outbid your self?
  5. You can, but it won't extend the time.

Example:
    Auction ends 1 hour after valid bid.
    You bid at 3pm, 5k.
    You bid at 3:30pm, 10k
    W/O any other bids, you win at 4pm because your 3:30 bid did not extend the time limit, but you still pay 10k. Do not overbid yourself with an alt!
    MoreMoople, FadedMartian and Krysyy like this.
  6. it's always fun to !
    the real reason is so that people don't bid higher than me because if I want something I'm willing to go all out (with in reason)
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  7. I 'll post an auction and you can outbid yourself over and over again. You'll have a blast and I'll make some money, deal.
    purplebook163 likes this.
  8. Haha!
    I would only out bid myself if I wanted to make it more fair for the person who auctioned the items, or if there was a small bid increment - just to get it up there faster rather than waiting.
  9. (Sorry for double posting)
    And this too