1st Anniv. Party - Day of 1000 and 1 Deaths

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Grimm_Pantalones, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Wednesday will be my 1st anniversary of being on EMC.
    As everybody by meow knows my style, I figured I'd celebrate it in a very Grimm fashion...

After careful consideration as to the type of event I'd decided on the title 'Day of 1000 and 1 Deaths'.
    It'll be a straightforward yet completely chaotic party:

*I have a significant set of things happening this week, so I can't definitely set a time on wednesday until probably Tues morning, maybe Monday night. It'll likely be more towards 7pm CST to encourage higher participation.

The Event Details:
    The event will be held in a nether waste.
    The event will entail all participants setting their enraged/miniboss spawns on and diff to 10, then engaging in fighting the oncoming army of hostiles in the most Grimm way imaginable: Mass bed-suicide.

SMP5 - Nether Waste E

Important Notes:
    I'll be using 2DCs of wool for making beds for everybody, but may need more depending on number of participants. In support of chaos theory it'll involve letting mobs spawn and run towards you, only to place a bed and sleep on it: killing both you and the mobs (and LIKELY other nearby players if that is possible). Multiple players doing 'kamikaze' runs on the same mobs is highly encouraged.

Players will be encouraged to loot the fields of death and chaos, BUT don't let it take your attention away from the core activity (dying in glorious combat).

IT IS ADVISED that ALL participants only carry beds, and either no armor or the most disposable of armor/tools they have. YOU WILL LOSE the goods in the ensuing explosions and likely to lava: Don't bring anything you can't bear to lose (or even that takes explosion damage).
    Esrik, liamwill and wafflecoffee like this.
  2. very excited for this
    Grimm_Pantalones likes this.
  3. :( 2 a.m. on a workday

voter's gear ;)
  4. The most wicked intensely insane anniversary party I've ever heard of, should be tonnes of fun!
  5. That is a good choice if you have it. I only vote like once/week though. So I will be dying attempting to get between some glorious bedsheets :cool:
  6. imagine the chaos
  7. UPDATE: This event will be starting at 8:00 CST, to give those on west coast a chance to get home. Sorry for EU ppl, it may be a bit late for you: hope you can still make it for a bit though. :)
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  8. I will try to make it!
  9. UPDATE: I don't know why I'd have picked the smp4 location, but we'll be going off of smp5--> nether waste E.

See everybody there soon. I'll also be in EMC VC
  10. REMINDER:
    everybody should do /diff 10
    /psettings set enragedspawn on
    /psettings set minibossspawn on