16 personalities - a fun share

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Egeau, Nov 1, 2019.

?

Type?

1 - Introverted 14 vote(s) 82.4%
1 - Extroverted 2 vote(s) 11.8%
2 - Intuitive 12 vote(s) 70.6%
2 - Observant 4 vote(s) 23.5%
3 - Thinking 5 vote(s) 29.4%
3 - Feeling 12 vote(s) 70.6%
4 - Juging 11 vote(s) 64.7%
4 - Prospecting 6 vote(s) 35.3%
5 - Asserive 0 vote(s) 0.0%
5 - Turbulent 13 vote(s) 76.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Whello there,

I thought I'd make a fun thread for all of us to share and talk a little bit. With some real life friends, I have "redescovered" the 16 personaleties test (where your personality is ranked to be one of 16 types). We had some fun with it, so I thought I'd make a thread about it here. :)

This thread is quite simple: do the 16-personality test here, and shere your results. (additionally, say something about how much or little you think it corresponds to who you think you are yourself)
    This test is pseudo-scientific, meaning most scientists argree it doesn't actually work as a personality test, mainly because most people get different personalities depending on what mood they're in. :rolleyes:

I know this test is also used for job intervieuws in the US (even though it is technically illegal: It's invaiding privacy) Meaning that, for some of you, this all is a bit more serious than for me. :p

---

Anyway, The day I posted this I got the ISFP - adveturer personality type for the first time, so I redid the test a few days later and got my usual INFJ personality type. Aditionally, I quite oftenly get the Medeator type (INFP), which also says something about me, but not as much as this one. :p

A few years ago, I consitantly got the INTJ personality type, mainly becasue I didn't let my emotions come through, which is something quite common for people who suffer childhood trauma (I always know to bring up the mood)

Anyway:

Also, I would like to remind you that most of the text this thing gives you as a conclusion / explanation of the type, are statements that are basically true for anyone. Because most will be true for you, you will probably think they got it quite well. Just read through other related types to find those other ones will also suit you :p

So, what are you? :)
  2. Hey Jelle,

I find it interesting that you posted this, as I just mentioned this to someone on here a few days ago. I have also done this long ago and it lists me as an INFJ-A ( Advocate ) with the following attributes :

Extraverted - 33% Introverted 67%
    Intuitive 78% - Observant 22%
    Thinking 17% - Feeling 83%
    Judging 75% - Prospecting 25%
    Assertive 67% - Turbulent 33%

After learning about this, I found it interesting to see how it actually associated with the way I typically handle things in my life. I know it is not a set in stone kind of thing, but as a general indicator, I think it does really well. Nice to see someone else that is along the same lines :)

KnightZer0ne
    Tempered Outpost Founder
    Nickblockmaster, Jelle68 and 607 like this.

3. I took this test around two years ago and got ISFP then as well, but something that I find quite interesting is that all of my individual category scores are much more towards the middle than they used to be, especially introversion/extroversion.
  4. *glances at the O on the keyboard, glances at the A on the keyboard*
    "Hm, that's quite the distance"
    *glances at the time the post was posted*
    "Okay fine"

I might do this again soon... I'm not sure. It took me two hours last time, I think, which I thought was a bit much of my time, but maybe if I intend not to actually read the pages upon pages of reflections and recommendations it wouldn't take so long. :p
    I'm curious if Moople, CarFryer and Harp4Christ will post!
    4thOfJurhy and Nickblockmaster like this.
  5. Here are my results!

"Bookworm", "prefers cold weather", "needs truth and depth", "lone wolf", "non-stop analysis", "clueless in romance", yes, wow, these are all extremely accurate!
    Nickblockmaster and Jelle68 like this.
  6. Ah, that's the one I got last time. :)
  7. I have recieved INFP multiple times, but recently I got INFJ. :)

I really liked this quote from the INFJ page.
  8. I took this test 1 year apart from the first time I took it, and the year I became a Supervisor at irl work. Drastic shift in introversion/extroversion. Actually, the 1 year anniversary of this test is around the corner. Maybe I'll give it another go and see how year 2 as a Supervisor changed me.
  9. November 6, 2017

September 21, 2018

November 1, 2019

What does this mean to me?
    1. In 2017, I was a senior lab tech. I was the introverted analyst and definitely agree with this analysis. This was right before I became a supervisor at work.
    2. In 2018, I'm now 51/49% on 3 of the main categories. The only exception is Intuitive being a strong 73. When you read the analysis, it says that for close values, you should look at the other personalities too, which means I am really 12/16 all at once.:confused: The major shift here was the introversion became equalized.
    3. And now today, ALL values are very close to the middle, including a change in the intuitive value now. Turbulence went to the middle too.

What does this mean to me?
    My official personality role has changed, but a constant across all years has been the strategy of constant improvement.

According to the guidelines for close percentages, I'm now pretty much all of them, depending on the day I guess. This fits in with what I have had people tell me: that I'm a chameleon personality and can adapt myself to any situation as is needed. I can be logical and analytical to solve your problem, or I can be the emotional connection you need. I'm more extroverted than I was in 2017, but still enjoy my privacy and am insecure when around strangers. Just last night I was totally freaking out about it, but I participated in a dance off in front of 100+ people. That's not something I would have EVER done in the past and while I'm self conscious about it, I also gave it my all. I'm so glad I didn't walk off the dance floor, because it was so exhilarating! No regrets and it was a rush! (and I won):cool:

I look forward to the insights of next year.
  10. My score:

Mind:
    11% extraverted 89% introverted

Energy:
    67% intuitive 33% observant

Nature:
    63% thinking 37% feeling

Tactics:
    49% judging 51 % prospecting

Idenity:
    35% assertive 65% turbulent

Interesting quiz! I think of myself introverted, little emotions, and a go with the flow kinda guy. I think this quiz defenitly shows that.
    Nickblockmaster and Jelle68 like this.
  11. 99% introvert
    That 1% just about got me to post this :rolleyes:
  12. Turns out it's actually an acknowledged variant spelling, and has been in use for at least 101 years. :confused: Language is so interesting, although to me also frustrating!
  13. Okay. Once again I don't feel like writing my thread or proceeding in belac's thread, so as a compromise I'll do this. ;)
    Here you go.

It's interesting how I'd have gotten more introverted. :p There's also quite some difference between 56% and 33% thinking. That change might be appropriate, though!
    To say anything substantial I'd have to read into all of it again, and I had intended not to do that. ;)

Edit: One thing I'll say, though: the difference between introversion and extraversion (Google actually suggests to use 'extroversion' instead o_O) is strange. At least for me it is. Because when I compare a list of character traits of extraverted and of introverted people, I recognise all or almost all of the extraverted traits, and few of the introverted traits. However, the definition seems to be what you get energy from, either being on yourself or being with others. And social interaction is tiring, so that would make me an introvert. And frankly, I can't imagine social interaction not being tiring for someone. But so far it's said 'introverted' for everyone, anyway, so that seems right...
    Jelle68 likes this.
  14. I'm not going to take this test again - and the Assertive/Turbulent is new (making it 32 personalities?) I know it as Meyers/Briggs Type Inticator and I am ....

ENTP

What a surprise, huh?

Were you expecting INTP?

15. I used to be INFP-T, Mediator, when I took the test last in freshman year.

Now I am a semester away from graduating in Medical Engineering.
    I wonder what little things might have changed in my way of thinking?
  16. Here is my results :D I like doing these but I always get INFJ tho I have been trying to become more social but it is hard to. I hardly post anything because of the way I am xD.

17. Very accurate... very accurate indeed :p
    boscodo, 607, PikminNate and 5 others like this.
  18. Here's mine:

Seems about right I guess.