[10th of June event] - Win a FREE Residence biome change

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by ShelLuser, Jun 8, 2017.

?

Biomes for the win!

Poll closed Jun 12, 2017.
YES! 10 vote(s) 66.7%
NO! 1 vote(s) 6.7%
Chickens! 4 vote(s) 26.7%
  1. Please read the disclaimers and my sincere apologies to SMP9 (but I will make it up to you guys big time).

Does your grass look dull? Do you have multi-coloured grass blocks on your res. which annoy you to no end? Then have no fear because your rescue is here :D

You can win a free residence biome change (some strings are attached, please read the disclaimer, very important!). Why you'd want something like this you ask?

Well....

Although not a real town it does clearly show you the issues at hand here: one part of your residence looking horrid and the other doesn't. How to solve? Simple: biome change! The main prize for this.

Of course there's more: how about changing your res into a flower forrest, then use bonemeal to get even more cool flowers and sell those?

Event why & how

I got 300+k tokens and a biome change requires 5k. I can spare 15k so I decided to share.

SO... 3 people can win this but unfortunately I have to exclude SMP9. I'm really sorry guys but I am way out in the Frontier on your awesome server and right now there's no way for me to solve this. My official alt has a whooping 2XP and 0 tokens so thats not going to help either. But I WILL make it up to you, that is a promise!

The way this works is that you will need to give me admin perms on your residence (don't worry: I am NOT out to cause trouble) after which I can change the biome which will be charged to me. 5k tokens, and I am happy to donate 15k tokens to our awesome community.

What you need to do

Post a creative post which explains why you need a biome change. Be creative. It doesn't have to be fully real, but it needs to be creative. Your entries will be judged by AyanamiKun; the moment she likes a post on this thread then you'll be one of the three winners.

If for some reason she can't come to a conclusive decision we'll let random.org decide.

Hurry, hurry!

This is a WEEKEND event. Next week it'll be OVER and no more Mr. nice guy :cool:

Shell, you cheat, ur using ur alt?!!

Let's start that this conclusion isn't conclusive with all players just yet. Not to mention that Aya really dislikes being called an alt so lets not go there, please? But: I can assure you that this will be fair. I can even go as far as openly state that even if I don't like your post myself then it won't automatically mean you also can't win anymore. You guys got my word on that one and I don't give that out all that often unless I seriously mean something.

Your post will be judged on originality, funnyness, parrots, llamas and pink.

Wait, what? :D

How to enter?

Post a (funny?) story why you should win a biome change.

Sorry, no SMP9 :(

I can't get to town on SMP9, I am really sorry but I WILL make this up to you guys really soon. SMP9 only event in the making.

Disclaimer: The only way I can change the biome on your residence is with an admin flag. This event will include detailed instructions on how to do this, what the dangers are, and even more important: how to unto the whole thing.

But always keep in mind that the admin flag = danger.

However, I am not out to cause problems. I just want to help you to change your biome. No more and no less.

Shell, no fair!!! what about ur real event?!!!

Work is being done. Not every time I am online but very regularly. This is the first entrance draft to my follow appreciation event. Aya already has all prizes moved into her vault as well as 220+ chests. The "only" thing left is to place those.

Trust me: work is being done here. Going as fast as I can, but this event IS going to happen as well soon(ish).
  2. Oh, heh, I'm in that picture :D
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. Congratulations on entering the event :D
  4. I wanna grow me fruit.... Purple fruit!!! The kind that sings like a chorus... So I wanna change my biome to The End!!

607 and ShelLuser like this.
  5. One contestant down, more to go? ;)

Keep in mind that if we get less than 4 players then everyone will automatically win :cool:
  6. And a small bump, tomorrow this event will end and then the winner(s?) will be drawn :p
  7. Apparently no one cares for residence biome changes.

Or you guys are too afraid about using the admin flag on me, I'd be careful too but honestly... Something tells me that if I were to abuse an event just to cause trouble then staff would probably be "not amused" (and rightfully so!). Besides, I got better things to do than to try and abuse an admin flag. To be honest: I don't even see the fun in abusing one.

I have an admin flag on a few residences and all it did (at least at first) was making me really careful with entering those. Otherwise you just barch in because nothing can happen :p

So yah, I am not hoping for more admin flags. In fact, I expect you guys to use: /res pset shelluser admin r, the very moment I changed your res biome (or I will do that command for you: it's the coolest thing: admins can take their own flags, I think it's awesome!).

(edit) as my weekend evening goes by my spelling starts to deteriorate :p
    607 and AncientTower like this.
  8. I want to win a biome change because it sounds cool. I really liked your flower idea and could turn part of my residence into a massive flower farm and farm ALL THE FLOWERS.
    607 and AncientTower like this.
  9. Why I need a residence biome change? Well... look at this...

(click image :rolleyes:)

Look at that nice grass residence on the right. Just mowed yesterday. Only problem, the lawn mower leaked oil onto this spot in the middle of the picture, and no matter what I try, it won't come off. It's rained, nope. I've tried splashing it with water, nope. I've mowed it again, nope. I've even went as far as removing the grass, and then quickly growing new, but to no avail, the stain is still there. Is there any chance you could help me out with this, by refreshing the entire grass layer? If that's possible, that would be amazing, since I want my visitors so be presented with a clean, fresh field of grass, instead of this dirty stain. Thanks.

Oh, and, needless to say, next time I'm hiring a different mowing company.
    607, ShelLuser and RhyGoesWoof like this.
  10. This mini event is over :)

3 people entered: AncientTower, jkrmnj & TomvanWijnen, and I had 3 prizes to give away. As such: you all won :D

Since I'm friends with all of you it should be easy to find each other in-game. Look me up, point me to an SMP resdience where you want the biome changed and we'll sort it out! :cool:

If possible I'd like to keep the thread open for a little while: my intention is to (briefly) share the prizes being given away (maybe 'before' and 'after' pictures? ;)).
    AncientTower, 607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  11. Hey, uh, didn't I enter?
  12. No.

13. I said that post and he said "congratulations on entering the event"
    ShelLuser likes this.
  14. Haha, that's a neat event! It was a bit of a short one, though, as I hadn't come across it yet before it ended... oh well! I didn't want to enter anyway, but I think perhaps there would've been more people interested. :)
  15. As in, entering the picture? I actually don't know. Might be a good question for Shel
    607 likes this.
  16. Honestly, that confused me to. "Wait, why did he get entered?"
    But well, the 3 best entries would win, so I suppose it wouldn't matter, as the others were obviously better. But then, why did AyanamiKun not like the winning posts? :p
    ShelLuser and TomvanWijnen like this.
  17. Agreed, I could have been a little more clear there. I also used a grinning smiley behind my comment which, to me, meant that it shouldn't be considered too seriously. But you're right: I should have been a bit more clear about that.

Thing is... I more or less assumed that you'd realize I wasn't meant too seriously, also because the rules of my event state that you need to give a good (creative) reason why you'd want to win a biome change, and that's something you didn't do. And I think we can agree on one thing: the other entries were more creative on that part.
    607 likes this.
  18. I have enough tokens if Sage still wants a biome change :p
    TomvanWijnen, ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  19. So sad, I was away this weekend until late! What a cool prize, gratz to those that won and ty for the awesome giveaway Shelluser!
    607 likes this.