1 Million Blocks Competition

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by OsamaBinLazy, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Impossibru, if they get to 1M blocks out, haha, GL coming back....
    IamSaj likes this.
  2. Thats what i was thinking, because thn they have to get all the way back :p
  3. Thats 2M blocks then, it should be 100k prize at least... not that anyone wud be risky enough to try this
    RainbowChin likes this.
  4. 100r? Hot dang, I have to get in on some of that.
  5. 100k i meant :3
    IamSaj and RainbowChin like this.
  6. I guessed so yeah :p
  7. one... million blocks..... holy schnitzel.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  8. I'm sure they are taking donations to boost the prize. Feel free to donate.
  9. I would just kill myself at the 1m block mark out haha skip the walk back
  10. So these people are gona lose 50k from this competition.
    100r per person to enter
    50,000r as added prize
    All pass money to the person... minus that 50,000r...are you guys really that desperate to see some one die...where no one can hear you scream...?
  11. Yeah, bring nothing but sum wood tools and carrots :3
    beilinsonboys likes this.
  12. Entry fee paid.
    Better get ready.
    IamSaj likes this.
  13. Hmmm sounds cool ill send you 100r from gearmaster08 soon ;)
    EDIT: Any particular direction or destination coords?
  14. It is nice to have a prize, but it is not important. This is real sport. :)

If you're after rupees, you can make between 3k and 4k per hour. If you don't want to stress yourself, you can do a bit of farming or tree cutting at home and make at least 1.5k per hour.
    If you invest like 100 hours to get there, the prize would need to be at least like 200k to just start being economically interesting and - taking risks into account - better in 1M range to be really inspiring ;)

How?
    It would be more than enough to have a hidden team member that is like 1-2 days ahead to have significant advantage.

About the traveling back question, I see 3 interesting options:
    - make the race a triangle with each side about 333k long, or, perhaps more interesting, pentagon with 200k long sides, instead of straight line 1M blocks long
    - ask ICC to tp people back after they arrive at the finish, perhaps also people who give up
    - build an outpost there and stay, never come back :p

Again - how about counting only on-line time?
    IRL we divide the team in 3 guards, so two guards can rest and sleep while one keeps watch.
    If you count wall time, then a team with members across time zones has enormous advantages.

In RL regattas, the route gets sometimes changed during the race, for example due to weather conditions. You could announce the first leg at the start and then following legs just in time.
  15. really? this seems a bit too hard
  16. Are Ender Pearls allowed?
  17. I am going to do it, then make a house once I reach the 1m block mark
  18. I'ma do that, and put a beacon there.
  19. *Fingers :p