1 Million Blocks Competition

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by OsamaBinLazy, Feb 4, 2013.

1. ANOTHER WILD ADVENTURE!
    JackBiggin likes this.
  2. I think mods should be allowed to race, I know of several that would probably be interested. They are players too after all.

I agree with jk on starting at the north outpost.

Start date and time? From past experience "PLEASE" stick to what you decide.
    This could be fun.
    Dwight5273, Curundu and jkjkjk182 like this.
  3. Prize fund now 70K
  4. If the organizers can put in the necessary time and thought to flesh this out, get down some clear cut rules, and keep all the teams organized and on the same page, then I would LOVE to be a part of this.

A lot of people, myself included, got all hyped up about another wild race only to be seriously disappointed with the way things actually happened.

<.< Looks at Dwight and Vivid (You guys thinking what I'm thinking?) :D
    Curundu, Dwight5273 and vividOptimism like this.
  5. Ender pearls?
  6. Lol I can donate to the grand prize but when does this event start
  7. Sounds like fun. I would like to join. When does this event start?
  8. I'm not trying to be a party pooper, but i am pretty sure loading/generating chunks that far from spawn(especially if several/many people are involved) will cause a lot of unnecessary lag/strain on the sever this takes place on.
    southpark347 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  9. Also what about preparation to that event? People could make easy ways to get there.
  10. I don't think I could ever do this, but good luck to those who do.
  11. Yeah... Carve a tunnel there or just go there and say they made it a reasonable amount of time after contest starts.
  12. Start date: 22:00 GMT 1st March. Start Location: North Outpost on smp7. Main goal: Reach x: 0 z:-1000000. Prize: 70000 rupees + all donations

OFFICIAL RULES:

All items are allowed.
    Moderators are allowed, but if they do any TPing they are disqualified.
    Ender pearls are allowed, as are all potions.
    You can team up.
    Nether rules:
    You may go to the nether, as long as you re-enter at the portal you created, and you can only enter at a portal you created yourself
    You may team up with other players, and the money can be split.
    Don't break any of the emc rules.
    NETHER TUNNELING WILL GET YOU DISQUALIFIED
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'll put everything you need to know about the competition on my youtube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/chrisroblong?feature=mhee
  13. So this just became a race to see who can tunnel 125,000 blocks through the nether the fastest -- got it.
    Curundu and vividOptimism like this.
  14. The nether rule seems a bit sucky to me.
    It's the "1 million blocks competition", so that's how far you should have to travel.
    vividOptimism likes this.
  15. No, you have to go back to the portal that you entered from, so you can't go anywhere using that strategy without getting disqualified
  16. Nether tunneling is worth disqualification
    vividOptimism likes this.
  17. Is it a bit confusing in the rules.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  18. I want to do this race, TFG corporation will win this challenge:cool:,and also for smp7
  19. Ok so I have to go out 125k in nether then back through the portal i started off in?
  20. No, don't travel through the nether at all.
    Weirdly, we are allowed to go to the nether but travel through it.