1.7 Update - Still a bit away

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *two years into the future, EMC's still on 1.6 because 1.7 did a complete overhaul of the server coding, whilst vanilla Minecraft is on version 8.1.3.6.8.5.3.25.234.52.436.657.357.345.cheesecake.4 where virtual reality is used to play*
    boozle628 and Aquazzz like this.
  2. Is dragon tombs gonna come with 1.7?
  3. Minecrift?
    boozle628 likes this.
  4. Yes. : DDDDDDDDDDD
  5. What is this "Minecrift" you speak of? :confused:
  6. 1.7 was a huge kick in the nuts for dragon tombs. I don't imagine it coming out until early 2014.
    kilmannan, BevK56 and 5chris100 like this.
  7. I would not think of anything more accurate unless the afro was rainbow colored.
    5chris100 and Aquazzz like this.
  8. I now have the perfect signature.
    5chris100, Aquazzz and marine4121 like this.
  9. It is refreshing to find a server administered by someone who DOES know what they are doing. lol It will only wreck the server updating before plugins are tested working 99% bug-free.

I personally am in no hurry to start playing 1.7 without fully working, bug-free, updated plugins. So thanks for waiting.

Cheers
    NZScruffy
  10. I hope it will be updated anytime by now... MCP isn't updated to yet, It sucks :) But yeah, Let's just wait :D Can't wait for Dragon Tombs either, It seems like an Epic update!
  11. Take your time. Minecraft updates aren't generally that exciting for me anyway since I hardly play the game anymore, unless it's a really big game changing update of course.
  12. There is no 1.7 dev build of CraftBukkit. It's just 1.6.4 that allows 1.7 to connect, and is Spigot

See: https://github.com/Bukkit/CraftBukkit
    5chris100 likes this.
  13. Ah. That's why; my friend FTP'ed into my server and said it's updated, but I didn't know what he did :p
  14. Wasn't the wait for the 1.6 update to come out for EMC longer than this?
  15. Well, thanks to new start window auto-updates, I can't even access the server. What should I do? I don't wanna lose my res. Should I try to get protected status?
  16. No worries Aikar. Even though we are all very anxious to play 1.7 together as a community, we must remember that your like the genius of Code-Solving :p, that helps EMC get these amazing updates. So everyone just let Aikar and time do it's thing. We believe in you. :D
    (Though I gotta admit, It's killing me to wait):rolleyes:
  17. ================================

So I know Frontier was created to allow worlds to be reset more frequently with updates, but 1.7 is a BIG update.
    So if the wilderness remains unaffected, won't it kind of stay old and uninteresting for the most part?
    I like keeping my creations forever, but I also would rather start 'permanent' creations in 1.7.

I guess it's hard to have both. What're your thoughts?

================================
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.